The Thomas Cooper Library provides computers to support the research needs of the University of South Carolina students, staff, and faculty. Visitors may use library computers under the following conditions:
- Visitors using online library subscription resources will be logged into an available workstation by a reference librarian for the purpose of conducting their research. This service is available during Reference Department hours.
- Visitors needing to check email or use other Internet sources will be logged into one of the “Express” computers located on the Main Level across from the elevators, which allow visitors 30 minutes of Internet use per day. This service is available during Reference Department hours.
- Visitors needing to access government information resources in electronic format should be directed to Government information and Maps Department on Level 5, Room L516.
- Visitors have unlimited use of the Library’s online catalog at the “Catalog Only” computers located on the Main Level across from the elevators and on Levels 1-4 of the Thomas Cooper Library.
- Visitors with wireless-enabled computers may access the USC guest network, with assistance from the staff in the Cooper Technology Lounge on Level 5 if needed.
- AT&T Wireless is also available; if you are not an AT&T Internet subscriber, you can purchase daily access by selecting the ATTWiFi wireless network and following the options. Please contact AT&T if you need assistance.