Contact System Administrator for password if needed.
Troubleshooting steps: If you are having problems connecting to the Millennium client:
- Make sure you are in production.
- Check log in. Are you using the correct username, password and initials?
- Call local IT people.
- Contact System Administrator (803) 777-7168.
- Completely uninstall any previously installed Millennium software. From the Control Panel, click Add or Remove Programs and select Innovative Millennium.
- Go to CSDirect:
- http://csdirect.iii.com/downloads/milclient_windows.shtml (Windows version)
- http://csdirect.iii.com/downloads/milclient_mac.shtml (Mac version)
- Select the lastest Preferred Millennium Environment for "Release 2014" (ex: milup160_02.exe for Windows).
- Click on the link and "Save" it to your desktop, or a temporary directory on your PC (for example, C:\TEMP).
- When the software finishes copying, you will see an icon on your desktop (or wherever you saved it) that looks like a computer with an arrow pointing downward.
- Double click on this icon and then click "Run".
- After the installation process has begun, you just need to click "Next" on the first three screens, until you get to the screen that asks you to specify the "server's domain name".
- In that text box type: libcat.csd.sc.edu and click "Next".
- It may take a minute to load. The next screen just shows you all the information it loaded.
- Click "Install". Both Millennium and the Java version that it requires will be installed.
- Click "Done".
- View/download a Power Point tutorial of basic Millennium Circulation functions.
- Course Reserves Tutorial (pdf)
- Create Lists Options - Generating Reports from the System (pdf)
- Fields Searched by Search Type (pdf)
- Indexing Rules for Public Services (pdf)
- Keyword Searching Wildcards and Operators (pdf)
- Language Codes in the Catalog (pdf)
- Millennium Record Types - View from Staff Account in OPAC (pdf)
- Rotated Subject Subdivisions - Contains a list of subjects which are not rotated in the subject index.
- Millennium WebPac Pro OPAC Searching
If your Endnote software will not connect to the new catalog, you may need to reconfigure it's z39.50 connection:
- From "Edit" choose "Connection Files" and select the option for "U of South Carolina". Change your configurations to:
- Server: University of South Carolina
- Server address: libcat.csd.sc.edu
- Database: Library Catalog
- Database Name: INNOPAC
- Element Set: F
- Port ID: 210
Download Endnote configuration file - Also provides more information on using Endnote 8.
- Decisions agreed upon for University Libraries.
- Headings Reports - Instructions for generating Millennium Headings Reports (pdf)
- Written procedures. For most recent procedures, please contact the person named as originating the procedures.
- Templates available for use. Contact the person named as originating the template before using. Please do not change any of the templates you find on this list. If you need a template to fit your needs, please modify one of the existing templates and rename it.
Useful resources for using Create Lists:
- Creating a Shelf List (pdf)
- Exporting Reports in Millennium (pdf)
- Identifying Duplicate Fields in Millennium Records (pdf)
- NOBLE Swap Shop - provides tutorials and sample reports.
- Training Manual from Lancaster, PA