Holdings for individual authors and titles in Special Collections are traceable in the library's on-line catalogue. The exhibit Eighteenth & Nineteenth Century British Women Writers indicates the range of materials held outside the specific collections listed below. There are materials relating to women's health issues in the George H. Bunch Medical History Collection, in the AIDS & Its Impact Collection, and in books donated by Prof. Marlene Mackey. In addition major archival collections with significant material for research on women are available in the South Caroliniana Library and South Carolina Political Collections.
Full-text searchable digital facsimile:
* Victoria C. Woodhull, Tried as By Fire; or the True and the False Socially (1874)
* Phillis Wheatley, Poems on Various Subjects, Religious and Moral (London, 1773)
with an introductory essay on Wheatley by Vincent Carretta
Web-exhibits and collection descriptions:
* Angelica Singleton Van Buren (1816-1877)
* Margaret Fuller (1810-1850) and Emily Dickinson (1830-1886), in the Joel Myerson Collection of 19th Century American Literature.
* The Jack Mooney Collection of Rhoda Broughton (1840-1920)
* Charlotte Perkins Gilman (1860-1935)
* Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings (1896-1953): an exhibit from the Robert D. Middendorf Collection
* The Kaye Gibbons Archive