Recent Gifts of Printed Caroliniana 2009| Front Page 2009 | Previous Issues | Friends of the Library | Endowments |
Received at Published Materials Division
| Previous Issues | Endowments | Friends of the Library |
- American Sport Register and Sporting Magazine, vols. 1–4 (September 1829–August 1833).
- Allen University, Annual Catalogue of Allen University... Announcements..., 1933–1934 (Columbia, 1933).
- Charleston Daily Courier, 12 February 1861 issue. Charleston Mercury (tri-weekly edition), fifteen issues, 1860–1861.
- Confederate States of America, War Department, Regulations of the Army of the Confederate States (Richmond, 1862). Authorized edition.
- Correspondence Concerning Occurences of April 23, 1862, Between Col. W.R. Calhoun, and Major Alfred Rhett... (Charleston, 1862).
- Ann DuPre [Grace Lumpkin], Some Take a Lover (New York, 1933).
- [Elizabeth Fries] Ellet, The Queens of American Society (Philadelphia, 1867).
- [Anthony Forster], Documents, Relating to the Dissolution of the Connexion Between the Rev. Mr. Forster, and the Independent or Circular Church of Charleston, S.C. ([Charleston, 1817]).
- James Hamilton, The Substance of General Hamilton’s Remarks: Delivered May 31, 1838, in the Senate of South Carolina, on the Resolution of the House of Representatives Respecting the Sub-Treasury ([Charleston], 1838).
- Edward Nathaniel Harleston, The Toiler’s Life: Poems (Philadelphia, 1907).
- Robert Goodloe Harper, Speech of Robert Goodloe Harper, Esq., at the Celebration of the Recent Triumphs of the Cause of Mankind, in Germany (Alexandria, [Va.], [1814?]).
- Hawthorne School of Aeronautics (Orangeburg), Hawthorne Propwash, vol. 1, no. 1 (January 1942).
- T. Charlton Henry, The Christian Almoner: A Sermon Preached in Behalf of a Benevolent Society (Charleston, 1821).
- Journal of the Proceedings of the Sixty-sixth Annual Convention of the Protestant Episcopal Church in South Carolina, Held in Grace Church, Charleston...February 1866.... (Charleston, 1866).
- Lexington Dispatch, four issues, 13 September 1876; 6, 27 October 1880; 7 November 1888.
- Lexington Flag, five issues, 8, 15 July; 9, 16 September; 7 October 1858.
- Lexington Telegraph, 1 March 1855 issue.
- Lighthouse and Informer (Charleston), 12 October 1946 issue.
- William E. Martin, The South, Its Dangers and Resources: An Address, Delivered at the Celebration of Battle of Fort Moultrie, June 28, 1850 (Charleston, 1850).
- Minutes of the Edgefield Baptist Sunday School Convention, Held with the Edgefield Village Church, August 4–6, 1882 (Greenville, 1882).
- S. Augustus Mitchell, North and South Carolina with Two Insets: Map of Charleston Harbor and Plan of Charleston (Washington, 1872).
- Ordinance Governing Hacks (Columbia, 1907?).
- Ulrich B. Phillips, The Economic Cost of Slave-holding in the Cotton Belt. Reprinted from Political Science Quarterly, vol. XX, no. 2 (Boston, 1902). Signed presentation copy from the author to Yates Snowden.
- Proceedings of the Second Annual Meeting of Stockholders of the Savannah and Charleston R.R. Co., Held March 17, 1869 (Charleston, 1869).
- Robert Barnwell Rhett, Bound Volume of Pamphlets, 1827-1852
- [Robert Barnwell Rhett], The Compromises of the Constitution Considered in the Organization of a National Convention (n.p., 1844?).
- Robert Barnwell Rhett, Letter of the Hon. R.B. Rhett, to the Editors of the National Intelligencer, on the Right of Debate in Congress (Washington, 1841).
- Archibald Rutledge, “Now Boy, Be a Good Sportsman,” pp. 35–36 in Fifty Prize Hunting Stories: A Collection of True Experiences with a Shot-Gun... (Worcester, Mass., 1911).
- Edwin J. Scott, An Oration, Delivered in Lexington, South Carolina, July 4th, 1837 (Columbia, 1837).
- William Gilmore Simms, Count Julian; or, The Last Days of Goth... (London, 1846).
- William Gilmore Simms, Sack and Destruction of the City of Columbia, S.C.: To Which Is Added a List of the Property Destroyed (Columbia, 1865). Isabel D. Martin’s copy with manuscript notations.
- South-Carolinian [H.L. Pinckney], The Prospect Before Us; or, A Series of Essays on the Presidential Election, Originally Published in the Charleston Mercury (Charleston, 1835).
- Tyger River Baptist Association, Minutes of the Tenth Anniversary of the Tyger River Baptist Association, Convened at Green Pond Church, Spartanburg District, S.C., August 18, 1843 and Days Following (Spartanburg, 1843).
- United States. Congress. House. Committee on the Judiciary, Alleged Misgovernment in South Carolina ([Washington, 1874?]).
- Joseph G. Wardlaw, Genealogy of the Wardlaw Family: With Some Account of Other Families with Which It Is Connected (York, 1929).