Go to USC home page USC Logo South Caroliniana Library
UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH CAROLINA

SCL HOME

ABOUT SCL

CONTACTS

MANUSCRIPTS DIVISION

ORAL HISTORY

PUBLISHED MATERIALS

UNIVERSITY ARCHIVES

VISUAL MATERIALS

EXHIBITS

FINDING AIDS

ONLINE PUBLICATIONS

S.C. NEWSPAPERS

SUPPORT SCL

UNIVERSITY SOUTH CAROLINIANA SOCIETY

     LIBRARIES

     HOURS

     MAPS

 

Commencement Program, 6 Apr. 1864, of the
        Cadet Polytechnic Society (South
        Carolina Military Academy)
  
    A gift to SCL Manuscripts Division announced in 2009

| Manuscripts Gifts 2009 | Front Page 2009 | Previous Issues | Friends of the Library |

Printed manuscript, 6 April 1864, souvenir program from the annual commencement of the Cadet Polytechnic Society, South Carolina Military Academy, with order of exercises, including the annual oration before the Calliopean and Polytechnic Societies by the Rev. P.R. [Peter Fayssoux] Stevens and the conferring of diplomas upon graduates of the Polytechnic Society by Cadet Tho[ma]s B. Boyd, president.

The following persons are identified as constituting the committee in charge of the event: Geo[rge] R. Dean, F.G. Spearman, and T.W. Clawson, Polytechnic Society, and J.M. Rogers, W.H. Snowden, and A.B. DeSaussure, Calliopean Society. Along with the program is a calling card from Cadet W.R. Spearman.

In 1910, the college officially changed its name to "The Citadel, The Military College of South Carolina."

 

RETURN TO TOP SITE INFORMATION