Go to USC home page USC Logo South Caroliniana Library
UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH CAROLINA

SCL HOME

ABOUT SCL

CONTACTS

MANUSCRIPTS DIVISION

ORAL HISTORY

PUBLISHED MATERIALS

UNIVERSITY ARCHIVES

VISUAL MATERIALS

EXHIBITS

FINDING AIDS

ONLINE PUBLICATIONS

S.C. NEWSPAPERS

SUPPORT SCL

UNIVERSITY SOUTH CAROLINIANA SOCIETY

     LIBRARIES

     HOURS

     MAPS

 

Contributions, 1864, to the Soldiers' Chapel
        (Beaufort, S.C.)
  
    A gift to SCL Manuscripts Division announced in 2007

| Manuscripts Gifts 2007 | Front Page 2007 | Previous Issues | Friends of the Library |

Manuscript, October 1864, Beaufort, South Carolina, list of “contributions…made by the undersigned for the benefit of the ‘Soldiers’ Chapel’ (the Chapel of the Episcopal Church) now under charge of the Rev. S.L. Harris, Acting Post Chaplain.”

Donations were “to be expended…in defraying the expenses attendant upon Public Worship, in purchasing reading matter for the Soldiers, and in relieving the wants of the suffering poor.”

| Manuscripts Gifts 2007 | Previous Issues | Endowments | Friends of the Library |

 

RETURN TO TOP SITE INFORMATION