Newberry College Circular Letter 
| Manuscripts Gifts 2007 | Front Page 2007 | Previous Issues | Friends of the Library |
A gift to SCL Manuscripts Division announced in 2007
Printed circular letter, , from Newberry College: “Announcement For Session of 1888-9,” noting that the next session, which was to be divided roughly into three three-month terms, would open on 2 October 1888 and continue until 20 June 1889. | Manuscripts Gifts 2007 | Previous Issues | Endowments | Friends of the Library |
The school was organized in collegiate, preparatory, and technical (or business) departments, each of which is briefly described. The technical department, which had only recently been established, featured instruction in penmanship, bookkeeping, typewriting, and shorthand, any one of which, it was claimed, could ordinarily be mastered in three to five months, with the caveat that the “time required for the completion of any study will depend upon the aptness and industry of the student.”
The circular provides additional details on tuition per term as well as the cost for room and board and is signed in print by college president G.W. Holland.