Recent Gifts of Published Caroliniana 2006| Front Page 2006 | Previous Issues | Friends of the Library | Endowments |
at the South Caroliniana Library
| Previous Issues | Endowments | Friends of the Library |
- James Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson, LL.D., Comprehending an Account of His Studies and Numerous Works in Chronological Order...the Whole Exhibiting a View of Literate and Literary Men in Great Britain for Near a Half Century During Which He Flourished (London, 1791). Inscribed: “This book was the property of Cleland Kinloch Esq.: give[n] by him to Col. Francis K. Huger; and now the property of his grandson, Cleland Kinloch Huger Jr., 20th September 1857.”
- Milledge Louis Bonham, Man and Nature at Port Hudson, 1863, 1917 (n.p., 1965). Reprinted January 1, 1965, by the Committee for the Preservation of the Port Hudson Battlefield. First issued in 1918 as a reprint from the Military Historian and Economist.
- Wm. M. Bradley & Bro., North and South Carolina [map] (Philadel¬phia, 1887).
- William H. Brawley, Speech of Wm. H. Brawley in the House of Representatives of South Carolina on the Bill to Create a Railroad Commission, December 15, 1882 (Columbia, 1882).
- Carolina Yacht Club, Constitution, By-Laws, Sailing Regulations, Etc. of the Carolina Yacht Club, Charleston, S.C.... (Charleston, 1900).
- Bob Charles (composer), “Carolina’s Calling Me” (New York, 1931).
- Chicora College for Women, Nods and Becks ’18; ...1920 (Columbia, 1918, 1920).
- Joseph B. Cook, A Funeral Sermon, Occasioned by the Much La¬mented Death of the Rev. Richard Furman...Delivered Before the Baptist State Convention of South-Carolina, by Their Appointment in the Baptist Church, in Camden, S.C. on Tuesday Evening, 6th December, 1825 (Charleston, 1826).
- Guy Davenport, Wo Es War, Soll Ich Werden (Champaign, Ill.: Finial Press, 2004). No. 92 of 100 copies.
- Guy Davenport, The Bicycle Rider (New York: Red Ozier Press, 1985). No. 92 of 150 copies.
- John Gillies, Memoirs of the Life of the Reverend George Whitefield, M.A....Faithfully Selected from His Original Papers, Journals, and Letters...To Which Are Added, a Particular Account of His Death and Funeral; and Extracts from the Sermons, Which Were Preached on That Occasion (London, 1772).
- Joseph Asbury Groves, The Alstons and Allstons of North and South Carolina: Compiled from English, Colonial and Family Records, With Personal Reminiscences...Notes of Some Allied Families (Atlanta, Ga., 1901).
- Basil Hall, Forty Etchings, from Sketches Made with the Camera Lucida, in North America, in 1827 and 1828 (Edinburgh, 1829).
- Lewis P. Jones, Hugh Ratchford Black: A Medical Pioneer (Spartanburg, 1963).
- The Kirkwood, Camden, South Carolina [brochure] (Troy, N.Y., n.d.).
- Carrie Allen McCray, Piece of Time (Goshen, Ct., 1993).
- Martha Nicholson McKay, When the Tide Turned in the Civil War (Indianapolis, IN., 1929).
- Proceedings of the Stock Holders of the Cheraw and Darlington R.R. Company, at Their First Meeting, Held at Cheraw, South Carolina, August 31st, 1852 (Cheraw, 1852).
- Friedrich von Raumer, Die Vereinigten Staaten von Nordamerika, 2 volumes (Leipzig, 1845).
- T.M. Scroggy (publisher), “I’m Off for Charleston” (Philadelphia, 18–).
- Southern Railway, Time Tables of Passenger Trains (Washington, 1932).
- Spartanburg High School, The Scribbler (Spartanburg, 1928).
- Thomas McCants Stewart, Liberia: The American-African Republic. Being Some Impressions of the Climate, Resources, and People, Resulting from Personal Observations and Experiences in West Africa (New York, 1886).
- Thelma Strabel, Reap the Wild Wind [foreward by Cecile B. DeMille] (New York, 1941).