University 

LibrariesUSC home pagesearch library sitehoursuscanelectronic 

indexeselectronic journalsUniversity 

Librariescampus picture
Records, 1931-1947, of Cain's Mill Club (Sumter County, S.C.)
    A gift to the SCL Manuscripts Division announced in 2003

| Gifts to Manuscripts 2003 | Front Page 2003 | Endowments | Friends of the Library |

Eighty-nine manuscripts, 1931-1947, document the history of Cainís Mill Club, a private social club established in Sumter County in 1929. The collection consists chiefly of stock certificates and a book of stubs from which the stock certificates were removed.

Officers signing the stock certificates were presidents R.D. Epps, R.E. Wilder, E.P. DuRant, H.L. Palmer, J.E. Stoudenmire, R.M. Dollard, W.E. Covington, J.T. James, W.J. Lawrence, Jr., J.C. Pate, E.M. Hall, and F.B. Creech and secretaries James Cuttino and J.R. Chandler.



This page updated 16 Jan. 2004
Comments:
Contact SCL
Copyright © 2004, The University of South Carolina.
URL http://www.sc.edu/library/socar/uscs/2003/cains03.html

South Caroliniana Library
University South Caroliniana Society
The University of South Carolina
Columbia, South Carolina 29208
Phone: 803-777-5183
Fax: 803-777-5747