SOUTH CAROLINIANA LIBRARY
UNIVERSITY SOUTH CAROLINIANA SOCIETY
MANUSCRIPTS DIVISION 2001
| Front Page | Previous Issues | Friends of the Library | South Caroliniana Library |
|USCAN | Manuscripts Division | Endowments | USC | Search USC web |
Gifts of Manuscripts Collections
- Records, 1876-1881, G.W. Aimar & Company, Chemists and Apothecaries (Charleston, S.C.) [Addition]
- Bacot Family Papers, 1746-1932, 1961-1997 [Addition]
- Barron Family Papers, 1897, 1917-1945 and undated
- "To whom it may concern...", 3 February 1866, Document of Union soldier Lt. Col. W.M. Beebe, Jr., U.S. Colored Troops
- Joseph Louis Bernardin Collection, 1966-1997
- Box Family Papers, 1857-1864 [Addition]
- Box Family letters, 20 April and 29 May 1862 [Addition]
- Bradley Family Papers, 1855-1929
- Letter, 20 July 1850, C.J. Walker, Lumpkin, Ga., to Walker J. Brook[e]s [Addition to Iveson L. Brookes Papers]
- Two Letters, 4 March 1867 and 7 November 1870, to Walker J. Brookes [Addition to Iveson L. Brookes Papers]
- Alice Cabaniss Papers, 1955-1997
- Letter, 15 March 1797, James Calhoun, Baltimore, to Robert Purviance, collector of the Port of Baltimore
- Letter, 13 December 1864, of E. Cassell, Greenville C[ourt] H[ouse], to J[ames] E[arle] Hagood
- Printed Broadside Advertisement for Magnolia Gardens, 1889, Signed in Print by E.H. Jackson, Proprietor, Charleston Hotel
- Letter, 7 August 1834, of W.W. Childers, Darlington, to F.M. Hawkins, Sumterville
- Papers of the Colcock and Hutson Families, 1874-1925
- "Grand Benefit! To Suffering Ireland, 24 February ; Broadside advertisement, by Columbia Dramatic Club
- Crawford Family Papers, 29 June 1857-22 November 1858
- Papers of the Cunningham, Green, Walker, Jackson, and Smith Families, 1795-1974
- Dalton Family Papers, 18 February 1861-20 October 1864
- Henry Campbell Davis Papers, 1845-1864
- Joseph Armstrong DeLaine papers, ca. 1918-2000 [Addition]
- [Printed Circular re Mexican Revolution], 11 April 1833, signed in print by William Drayton, Daniel E. Huger, and Benj[amin] F. Pepoon, Charleston, S.C.
- Joseph Heatly Dulles Account book, 1835-1855 (Philadelphia)
- "Entfesselt den Tiger nicht!" [Broadside], 24 July 1863 (New York)
- Circular letter, 17 September 1840, of John England, Bishop of Charleston
- Letter, 22 March 1846, E[lvira] A[nn] E[stes], Bruton, S.C., to Harriet Sarah Estes, care of the Rev. I[veson] L. Brookes, Hamburg, S.C. [Addition to Iveson L. Brookes Papers]
- W[illiam] L. Faulkner Papers, 28 January 1861-5 June 1864 and undated
- Letter, 11 August 1841, of G.W. Folger, Chester, to Secretary of War [John] Bell, Washington, D.C.
- Henry DeSaussure Fraser Papers, 1851-1852
- Henry DeSaussure Fraser Letters, 2 Apr. 1859 and 6 Apr. 1860 [Addition]
- James Nelson Frierson Papers, 1911-1959
- Letter, 19 February 1853, of W[illia]m H. Hanckel, Edisto Is[land], to James Simons, Charleston
- "M.M.S. of Volume First of the Work Entitled Politics of South Carolina,...F.W. Pickens' Speeches, Reports, &c.'" Printed manuscript, , by Paul
- Alexander Cheves Haskell Papers, 1804-1943
- Genealogical chart, 1810, of the Horry, Lynch, and Branford Families
- Circular letter, 13 November 1861, "Postponement of the Meeting of the [Lutheran] Synod of South Carolina and Adjacent States," by E.B. Hort, President of Synod, Charleston
- Ralph Izard Family Papers, 19 June and 25 September 1794 and 29 June 1814 [Addition]
- Letter, 29 July 1868, from A[melia A. DeWalt] Johnstone, Newberry, to her son George
- Letter, 2 February 1812, of William Lance, Charleston, to David Lance, England
- Ten letters, 10 May 1864-30 May 1865, of Union soldier Charles F. Lee to his mother, Mrs. Artemas Lee, Templeton, Mass.
- Anonymous letter, 16 December 1863, from Leila, Robertville, to John W. Heidt, Savannah, Ga.
- Signed Endorsement, 3 February 1939, of author Ludwig Lewisohn (1882-1955) of book Slow Wall, Poems New & Selected, by Leonora von Stosch Speyer
- John Henderson Lumpkin, Sr., Papers, 1928-1999
- Account Book, 1792-1799, for McRae & Cantey (Camden, S.C.)
- Undated Packing Crate Label for "Open Sky Brand" peaches grown and packed by Mrs. J.B. Maybry & Son, Campobello
- Virginia Gurley Meynard papers, 1835-1850 and ca. 1975-1997
- Letter, 17 July 1838, of John B[lount] Miller, Sumterville, to Sam L. Hinckley, New York, N.Y.
- Letter, 23 May 61, of J.J. Minter, Sullivan's Island, to His Brother
- Letter, 14 September 1848, of A[lbert] J[ames] Pickett (1810-1858), Montgomery, Ala., to F[rancis] W[ilkinson] Pickens, Edgefield C[ourt] H[ouse], S.C.
- Land Conveyance, 29 April 1767 (Craven County, S.C.), from Roger Pinckney to Matthew Singleton
- Jacob Rapelye Papers, 22 May 1814-10 December 1822 and undated
- Letter, 2 December 1861, of Jacob F. Schirmer, Charleston, to Henry Summer, Newberry
- Letter, 13 January 1845, of C. Scott, Adams Run, to Charles Buchanan, New Vernon, Orange County, N.Y.
- Edward Terry Hendrie Shaffer Papers, 1894-1997
- Printed Chit, 1 May 1864, Soldiers' Way-Side Home, to W.H. Houston for one dollar to be redeemed at the Bank of Charleston in September
- Letter, April 1862, of Grace Totten Stevens, Charleston, to Union general [John Ellis] Wool
- Diary, 1 September 1867-2 May 1873, of Nicholas Talley
- Letter, 15 March 1826, of W[addy] Thompson, Jr., Edgefield, to Robert Leckie, Washington
- Patent, 7 October 1884, United States Patent Office, issued to Thomas R. Puckett and Newton O. Pyles, of Coronaco, Abbeville County
- James Spencer Verner papers, 1923, 1928 and undated
- Letter, 16 February 1864, of R.P. Wales, U.S. Hospital, Hilton Head, to Miss Eva Pratt, Essex, Ct.
- Letter, 20 October 1863, of South Carolina College librarian, The Rev. C[harles] Bruce Walker, Columbia, to Miss Kate D. Wright, Pittsboro, N.C.
- William Childs Westmoreland Papers, ca. 1900-2000
- "Reminiscence of Army life in 1864" [undated], by C.O. Wheeler
- Armstrong Williams Papers, 1987-2000
- Joanne Woodward papers, 1983-1986 [Addition]
- Estate Documents, 16 and 30 July 1860, of Col. Willam Wright of York District
| Top | Front Page | Previous Issues | Friends of the Library | South Caroliniana Library |
| USCAN | Manuscripts Division | Endowments | USC | Search USC Web |
This page copyright © 2001, The Board of Trustees of the University of South Carolina.