SOUTH CAROLINIANA LIBRARY
UNIVERSITY SOUTH CAROLINIANA SOCIETY
Pictorial South CarolinianaTen postal cards, 1907, 1915, and undated, of various locations and scenes in South Carolina, including the library, Red Cross House, United States Army General Hospital No. 42, Spartanburg; sheriff's residence with jail in the rear, Newberry; construction on the lower dam, Great Falls; Main Street, Ridgeland; Main Street "Looking North," Jefferson; cannery at Fairfax; and Garner's Tourist Camp, U.S. 15 one mile south of Sumter, featuring modern heated cottages and a coffee shop.
Stereoscopic views, ca. 1880s, of scenes in Aiken County: South Carolina Railroad cut; exterior of Langley Cotton Mill; spinning and weaving room; spinning room; and picking room.
Photograph, 7 April 1893, "Laying the Cornerstone of the Darlington Guards Armory...Looking Southwest."
J.A. Palmer, stereoscopic view, ca. 1870, of St. Mary Help of Christians Catholic Church, Aiken.
Wearn & Hix (Columbia, S.C.), stereoscopic views, ca. 1870, of Underveil Falls and Triple Falls, Little River, N.C.
Four postal cards, ca. 1930s, of the Ocean View Restaurant, Beaufort; "Main Street Looking North from Main Square," Cowpens; and Main Street "Looking South" and "Looking North," Fountain Inn.
F.A. Nowell and G.N. Barnard, eighteen stereoscopic views, 1865 and ca. 1860s, include: Club House at the Race Course; views of the East Battery; storefronts along King Street; views of the South Battery; St. Finbar's Cathedral ruins; Magnolia Cemetery; and the Cotton Exchange.
Forty-seven photographs, ca. 1950 - ca. 1965, of railroad locomotives that operated in South Carolina, including Rockton & Rion Railway, Fairfield County; Atlantic Coastline Railroad, Florence; Hampton & Branchville Railway, Miley; Argent Lumber Co., Jasper County; Holly Hill Lumber Co., Four Hole Swamp; and Southern Railroad, St. George.
Photograph, ca. 1899, of South Carolina's constitutional officers.
Engraving, undated, of the "Quarters of the 1st Regt. South Carolina Vols. on the Plaza at San Anjel, 8 miles from the City of Mexico."
Thirteen postal cards, 1911, 1915, 1933, and undated, of various locations and scenes in South Carolina, including St. Helena Episcopal Church, Beaufort; north end of business square, Belton; The Point, Beaufort; U.S. Naval Hospital at U.S. Naval Disciplinary Barracks, Port Royal; Beaufort Graded School; Post Office and Library, Anderson; and "Good Roads Tour," Anderson.
| 1994 USCS Program Menu | University South Caroliniana Society | South Caroliniana Library |
This page copyright © 1996-97, The Board of Trustees of the University of South Carolina.