Peak of Osborne

Evolution of a Campus

Expansion and Demolition from
1801 to 2008

Presented by the University of South Carolina Archives

Introduction | Original Campus | What if... | Demolition,1939-1969 | Demolition, 1970-2008 | Uncertain Futures | Renovation | Credits

Uncertain Futures

The University administration is considering demolishing McBryde Quadrangle and the Roundhouse. Named for USC President John M. McBryde, McBryde Quadrangle, also known as Fraternity Row, was constructed in 1955 as fraternity housing. The Roundhouse (Rex Enright Athletic Center) was constructed in 1956 to house the offices of the Department of Athletics. It was named for long-time coach and athletic director Rex Enright.

McBryde Quadrangle 2006 Aerial of Campus

McBryde Quadrangle

The Roundhouse

 

Back to Top | Next | Previous

Columbia Departments Campus Libraries
Columbia Libraries and Collections