The University of South Carolina has undercome many changes over the years. From the University's single building in 1801, the campus has grown and evolved over the past 203 years.
Below are aerial photographs from 1940 and 2006, which were taken from similar angles and show the dramatic changes in both the campus and the city of Columbia. The road at the top right of each image is Harden Street.
1940 Aerial Photograph
2006 Aerial Photograph
To view more images of the physical plant, please visit University of South Carolina Buildings and Grounds Digital Collections homepage.