- Statistics on a large number of World religions.
- Finding God in Cyberspace
- Well organized gateways for religious traditions and related academic disciplines as well as links to online resources.
- The Religious Movements Page. University of Virginia
- Descriptions of over 200 religious movements including new and emerging religions, cult controversies, and the history of religious broadcasting.
- Religions of the World
- The information provided on Islam, Judaism, Buddhism, Animism, Christianity, and Hinduism includes history, basic beliefs, terms, and links to other sites.
- Religious Studies Electronic Journals
- Organized according to religious grouping with brief annotations.
- Wabash Center for Teaching and Learning
- Organized by subject area or material type.
- Virtual Religion Index
- Categorized and annotated links from the Rutgers University Religion Department.
Religious Text Sites
- The Internet Sacred Text Archive
- Nonprofit site is the single largest religious text archive on the Internet. hits a day.
- Sacred and Other Religious Texts
- Internet Public Library Collection
- Bible Gateway
- Search by keyword or passage in a variety of translations.
- The Catholic Encyclopedia. New Advent
- A comprehensive A-Z on-line guide to Catholic facts and information.
- Christian Origins. Internet History Sourcebook. Fordham University
- Informative site that combines historical analysis about the growth of Christianity with links to Biblical passages and early Christian scholarly writings in translation.
- The Jewish Encyclopedia
- A comprehensive A-Z online guide to Jewish facts and information.
- Judaism and Jewish Resources
- The Jewish History Resource Center. Hebrew University. Articles that discuss Jewish history from ancient to modern plus links to on-line texts, maps, websites, and discussion groups.
Religion in America
- American Religion Data Archive
- Quantitative data on American Religions.
- Religion and the Founding of the American Republic
- Library of Congress sites that traces the roots of religious freedom in the United States.