- Glossarist / History
- Internet History Sourcebooks
- WWW Virtual Library History: United States.
Collection of links to glossaries and subject dictionaries in history. Site is also searchable.
Links to primary and secondary resources. Sourcebooks for: ancient, medieval, and modern history. Also topical: African, East Asian, Global, Indian, Islamic, Jewish, Lesbian and Gay, Science, and Women.
Organized by type of research tool, topics, and chronological periods.
- The American Civil War Homepage
- American Cultural History: The Twentieth Century
- American Memory Project
- A Century of Lawmaking For a New Nation: U.S. Congressional Documents and Debates, 1774-1875
- Civil War Women: Primary Sources on the Internet
- Documenting the American South
- H-SHGAPE Internet Resources
- New Deal Network: A Guide to the Great Depression of the 1930s and the Roosevelt Administration.
Sites arranged into broad categories.
Decade-by-decade tour of 20th-century America. Created by another library so check our library catalog to see if we have the books mentioned.
The site offers more than 7 million digital items from more than 100 historical collections.
Records and acts of Congress from the Continental Congress and Constitutional Convention through the 43rd Congress, including the first three volumes of the Congressional Record, 1873-75.
Provided by Duke University's Rare Book, Manuscript, and Special Collections Library, site supplies links to diaries, letters, and other documents.
Collection of primary sources on Southern history, literature and culture from the colonial period through the first decades of the 20th century.
The Society for Historians of the Gilded Age and Progressive Era's site examines the period between 1877 and 1918, combining links to primary and secondary sources.
Photographs, political cartoons, and texts (speeches, letters, and other documents) from the New Deal period.
American Population Groups
- American Women's History: A Research Guide
- American Women's History: African-American Women
- Latin American History: A Guide to Resources and Research on the Web
- People with a History: An Outline Guide to Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Trans* History (LGBT)
Links to Internet resources, including primary documents along with citations to print sources.
Contains citations for primary and secondary sources
English-language site which identifys key resources.
Provides links to general LGBT history pages from all time periods and places in addition to collections of textual material.