Information and Policies
Thomas Cooper Library is now offering Reserve materials electronically. We are partnering with University Technology Services using the Collection module in Blackboard. You will be able to access your reserve information in the Content System and easily move it into your course in Blackboard.
If you would like for us to scan library materials for you and address copyright concerns connected to posting these materials, please submit the E-Reserves Form.
We should be able to complete your request within 3 working days of its submission.
We will scan or link to copyrighted materials for placement on electronic reserve without obtaining copyright permission so long as they do not exceed the guidelines listed below:
- First time use of material by that professor for that particular course.
- One journal or newspaper article.
- One chapter from a book.
- A prose excerpt that doesn't exceed 10% of the total work.
- One chart, graph, diagram, drawing, cartoon or picture from one book or journal issue.
If your request falls outside of the above guidelines, we will seek to obtain permission from the copyright holder to use the material.
Contact the Thomas Cooper Library Reserve Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
(803) 777-4175 (Mark Volmer) * (803) 777-3145 (Circulation) * (803) 777-5342 (Fax)
Return to Circulation Department