General Industry Information:
- B2B Marketplace - International business-to-business marketplace that provides trade leads.
- BiztoBiz - Business-to-business marketplace that provides trade leads.
- Career Guide to Industries - Site provided by the U.S. Department of Labor?s Bureau of Labor Statistics. The resource provides information on different careers by industry (e.g. Manufacturing, Trade, Information, and Leisure and Hospitality). Each industry is divided into smaller categories. The guide includes information about the nature of the industry, working conditions, employment, occupations in the industry, training and advancement, earnings and benefits, employment outlook, and lists of organizations that can provide additional information.
- GigaOM Network - The GigaOM Network is a leading provider of publications and events for the technology and entrepreneurial markets worldwide. Founded by award-winning journalist Om Malik, The GigaOM Network is an online publishing company whose network of news sites reaches more than 3 million readers worldwide and provides news and insight on the developments disrupting the world of technology.
- Guides to Researching Companies, Industries and Countries - This site provides tips on researching specific companies, industries, and foreign countries. The site provides listings of both primary and secondary information sources. The guide indexes print and electronic resources for both public and private company research, There is also a list of business-related news sites.
- Industry Associations Index - Directory of associations arranged by industry and provided by JobBankUSA.com.
- Industry at a Glance - Contains profiles of nine industry divisions including services, retail trade, government, manufacturing, finance/insurance/real estate, wholesale trade, transportation/public utilities, construction, and mining. The site is provided by the Bureau of Labor Statistics of the U.S. Department of Labor.
- Industry Data Finder - Directory of industry sources arranged by industry sector and provided by the Cole Library, Rensselaer at Hartford.
- Industry Link - Directory of links to industry websites.
- Industry Research Desk - Polson Enterprises' tool for researching companies, industries, and manufacturing processes.
- Industry Week - Online version of Industry Week magazine that provides free full-text articles for the current issue, free access to search the company/industry databases of Industry Week, and access to special industry reports/surveys.
- Plunkett Industry Research - Provides industry information/statistics, market research, trends analysis, company profiles, and executive mailing lists. Some of the industries found on this site include computers/Internet, energy, engineering/research, entertainment/media, finance/investments, health care/biotech, job seekers/careers, telecommunications, and retail.
- U.K. Department of Trade and Industry - Homepage of the Department of Trade and Industry of the United Kingdom that offers consumer information, regulations, and small business information.
- American International Automobile Dealers Association (AIADA) - Homepage of the American International Automobile Dealers Association, a non-profit trade association that represents America's international automobile dealers. The site provides industry news/information, information about government regulations issues, consumer information about buying a car, and links useful publications.
- Auto Central - Source providing information on the auto technology industry, such as links to trade publications, current industry headlines, market research reports, and directories of products and suppliers.
- Auto Web - Automotive consumer information site that provides automotive research/reviews, insurance/financing information, and warranty/recall information. Users can also buy or sell a vehicle through this site.
- Cars.com - Source of full-text news articles and reviews of the automotive industry provided by Knight Ridder.
- Japan Automobile Manufacturers (JAMA)- Homepage of the Japan Automobile Manufacturers Association, a nonprofit trade association for Japanese car, truck, bus, and motorcycle manufacturers. The site provides information about news, trends, and statistics of Japan's automotive industry.
- Office of Automotive Affairs (OAA) - Homepage of the Office of Automotive Affairs, an office of the U.S. Department of Commerce. The site contains industry data, statistics, links, market research, import requirements, and trade agreements.
Food and Beverage Industry:
- Government Gateway to Food Safety Information - Provides news/safety alerts, consumer advice, information about reporting illnesses and product complaints, a directory of federal/state agencies that monitor food safety, information about foodborne pathogens, etc.
- Prepared Foods - Online version of Prepared Foods magazine, which provides free full-text access to articles in the current issue. The site also contains a directory of food industry associations and allows users to browse editorials by ingredient, subject, and issue.
- American Association of Insurance Services (AAIS) - Homepage of the American Assocation of Insurance Services, a product development resource that provides information and services for property/casualty insurers. The site provides information about various insurance lines as well as links to other industry sites.
- Insurance Information Institute (III) - Homepage of the Insurance Information Institute, which provides the public with information of what insurance does and how it works. The site provides information about auto, home, life, disability, disaster, health, and business insurance as well as industry issues, studies, facts/statistics, and financials/outlook.
- Insure.com - Guide to online insurance information and sites that provides information for consumers and professionals. The site provides information about annuities, insurance rates, careers in insurance, lawsuits within the industry, industry research, insurance calculators, and information about various types of insurance.
- Local Insurance - Free insurance quoting service that allows users to compare insurance premium quotes on health, life, auto, home owner, and motorcycle insurance coverage from insurance companies across the United States.
- Property and Casualty - Property and casualty insurance marketplace for professionals that contains an online buy and sell feature, a job search, and a recruiter center.
- Quoteserv - Users can get quotes insurance and financial service quotes such as auto insurance quotes, renters insurance quotes, home equity loan quotes, personal loans quotes, etc. The site also provides a mortgage calculator that allows users to calculate monthly payments, amortization, and the total interest accrued for the life of the loan..
- Manufacturing Mining and Construction Statistics - Online version of the Economic Census for Manufacturing, Mining, and Construction Sectors provided by the U.S. Bureau of Census.
- National Association of Manufacturers (NAM) - Homepage of the Natioanl Association of Manufacturers, the nation?s largest and most influential industrial trade association and the leading voice of industry in the United States. The site provides information about the manufacturing industry, statistics/information about issues for small and medium sized manufacturers, e-commerce research, etc.
- Thomas Global Register of Manufacturers - Directory of global manufacturers and distributors that provides detailed product and company information in the major industrialized countries. The directory is searchable by product/service or company name. Registration is free.
- Thomas Register of American Manufacturers - Directory of manufacturers that provides detailed company and product information, links to online catalogs, links to company websites. The directory is searchable by product, company, or brand name. Registration is free.
- Packaging Digest - Online version of Packaging Digest magazine that allows users to search current and past issues as well as other Cahners Business Information resources for news and reports on developments in packaging materials, machinery technology, and market trends around the world.
- Packaging Network - Information source for the packaging industry that allows users to find products/suppliers and keep up with the latest information about the packaging industry through industry news, trade publications, and market research reports.
- PackExpo - Business-to-business marketplace for the packaging industry that provides industry research/news.
- Pack World - Online version of Packaging World magazine that provides free full-text access to articles in the current issue as well as web-only published articles.
- Russia's Information System on Packaging - English version of an online Russian resource for information about packaging, printing, and equipment/materials. The site provides research about the packaging industry and labor in Russia as well as serves as a marketplace for buyers and sellers.
- All About Medical Sales - Information portal serving Pharmaceutical and Healthcare sales professionals that provides job alerts in the healthcare fields, free articles from the Pharmaceutical Review, current news about the industry, and information about new pharmaceuticals.
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA) - Homepage of the Food and Drug Administration, the U.S. federal agency responsible for promoting and protecting the public health by helping safe and effective products (food ingredients, medical devices, drugs, cosmetics, radiation-emitting products etc.) reach the market and monitoring products for continued safety after they are in use.
- InPharm - Directory of websites in the pharmaceutical and healthcare industries and a guide to how companies within the pharmaceutical industry use the Internet.
- Pharmaceutical News and Information - Directory of pharmaceutical news and information edited by Corey Nahman, the CEO of Internet Drug News INC. The site provides links to drug information, pharmaceutical companies, and industry journals.
- Pharmaceutical Online - Source for information about the pharmaceutical manufacturing industry where users can find products/suppliers, industry news, trade publications, and market research reports.
- PharmaLive - Database of pharmaceutical industry news arranged by category and occurring in the past 30 days. The site also provides industry links and career opportunities.
- Rx Web Portal - Gateway to online sources for pharmacy-related information that is arranged by categories including careers, drug information, industry news, retail pharmacy, etc.
- National Restaurant Association - Homepage of the National Restaurant Association, the leading trade association for the restaurant industry. The site provides industry news, industry research/statistics, food safety information, tips/tools for running a restaurant, and information about legal/governmental issues about the industry.
- Beverage Online/BevNet - Information source for the beverage industry that provides access to industry trade publications, market research reports, industry news, and products/suppliers.
- Food Online - Information source for the food processing industry that provides access to industry trade publications, market research reports, industry news, and products/suppliers.
- Food Service Central - Information source for the food service industry that provides access to industry trade publications, market research reports, industry news, and products/suppliers.
- International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC) - Homepage of the International Council of Shopping Centers, the global trade association of the shopping center industry. The site provides industry news and information including data/statistics of the outlet industry, the market growth of global outlets, and other special industry reports. The site also provides industry links, information about job opportunities, industry research, retail directories, and information about government relations/issues.
- National Retail Federation (NRF) - Homepage of the National Retail Federation, a retail trade association that provides industry research including retail sales by region and holiday retail data as well as information about government affairs and legislation to protect and advance the interests of the retail industry.
- Retail Industry Data Finder - Guide to retail industry resources provided by Cole Library of Rensselaer at Hartford. The site provides both print resources and links to online sources as grocery stores, convenience stores, home improvement centers, Department Stores, Clothing Stores, Catalog Merchants and other Specialty Retailers.
- Retail and Wholesale Trade Statistics - Guide to online surveys and census information for the retail and wholesale trades provided by the U.S. Census Bureau.
- Stores - Online version of Stores, the magazine of the National Retail Federation. Users can access full-text articles in the 1998-Current issues and the Current Special Industry Buyers Guide issue for free. The site also provides data on the 1998-Current Top 100 Retailers, 1998-Current Top 100 Specialty Stores, and 1999-Current Top 200 Global Retailers.