T-Coop Photography Contest 2014: “My Favorite Study Spot in Thomas Cooper Library”
Sorry! Contest was cancelled due to technical difficulties.
- Entrants submitting photos for the contest must be currently registered at the University of South Carolina – Columbia campus either at the undergraduate or graduate level.
- Entries must be the original work of the entrant and reflect the theme of the contest, “My Favorite Study Spot in Thomas Cooper Library.”
- Entries must be submitted via social meadia outlets: Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram using the hashtag: #TCoopStudySpot.
- Each entrant may submit no more than 2 photos for consideration.
- Each online hash tagged submission must be linked to a valid social media account. We must be able to retrieve your real name from your biographical information listed on your account to be able to contact you.
- In submitting photographs of individuals, it is assumed by the University of South Carolina and the University Libraries that the photographer has obtained the rights and permission of those featured in the photograph. Neither the University of South Carolina nor the University Libraries is responsible for cases in which permission has not been granted by the subjects.
- By submitting photographs to the contest, entrants agree to grant the University Libraries permission to use the photographs in promotional materials, both related and unrelated to the contest, without compensation to the photographer. Any photographs used for any purposes will be fully credited to the entrant.
- The deadline for all entries to be received is 11:00pm, November 19, 2014. Judging will be completed and winners will be announced thereafter.
- Entries will be judged by a committee of University Libraries staff members and selected other university staff on creativity, compliance with the theme, originality, and overall quality of the image.
- The contest organizers reserve the right to disqualify entries that do not conform to the stated rules and guidelines. By participating in the contest, the entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules, and it is the entrant’s responsibility to ensure that he/she has complied. The determination of the winners will be final and binding in all matters relating to this contest.
- If your entry is selected as a finalist, you will be asked to submit a photo with sufficient resolution to create a print at least 18 inches long on the work’s shortest side.
- Chosen photos will be printed and displayed in the Technology Lounge, Level 5 of Thomas Cooper Library.
- Prizes will be awarded as follows:
- 1st place: $50 gift certificate
- 2nd place: $25 gift certificate
The T-COOP Photography Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.