EligibilityOnly current faculty, staff and students may check out iPads. Patrons must have a valid library account in good standing and must read, agree to, and sign the iPad Loan Agreement. The iPad Loan Agreement must be read and signed each time an iPad is borrowed. Only one iPad can be checked out per person. Under no circumstances will a user be allowed to check out an iPad for another person.
- iPads can be checked out from the Thomas Cooper Library Technology Lounge desk during regular operating hours.
- The loan period is 7 days for faculty, students, and staff with No Renewals
- iPads are provided on a first-come, first-served basis. The Thomas Cooper Library cannot guarantee that an iPad will be available. There is a 24-hour turnaround time for maintenance on returned iPads. All iPads must be returned to the Technology Lounge desk during staffed operating hours.
- All iPads must be returned to the Technology Lounge staff during the Technology Lounge Helpdesk operating hours. lf iPads are returned to any other location a fine of $60.00 will be charged to you. lf you repeat this offense another $60.00 fine will be charged to your account and you will be banned from iPad check-out for up to two semesters.
Fines and Damages
- A $15.00 late fee will be assessed for each day or portion thereof that the iPad is returned late. Note you must turn the iPad into a Technology Lounge Staff memeber during Technology Lounge Helpdesk operating hours. Fines will be recorded on the borrower's library record and may result in borrowing and registration restrictions.
- The working condition of the iPad will be assessed before checkout and upon its return. Users are responsible for damage to and/or loss or theft of loaned units. Users are required to report any problems experienced with the iPad during their borrowing period.
- The replacement cost for a lost, stolen, or damaged iPad is $600. A charge of $40.00 will be assessed for each lost power cord and adapter; $50 for a lost case. Damage charges will be assessed based on the actual repair costs. If an iPad is 3 days overdue, it is considered lost or stolen, and the borrower will be charged for its replacement. In this case, patron information including location data from the Find My iPad application will be turned over to university police for recovery of the iPad.
PrivacyiPads available for checkout have 16gb of storage and are equipped with WiFi. iPads come with a suite of preloaded sample files and applications, but users may sync additional data and applications, with the understanding that all data will be wiped and replaced with the standard preloaded files and apps when the iPad is returned to the Thomas Cooper Library. Any additional apps or media purchased by the borrower during the loan period must be done with the borrower's own funds, and are not the responsibility of the Library. Any data or documents saved to the iPad by the patron during the loan period will be permanently erased during the restore process.
|Adobe Photoshop Express||iPod||Pulse News
|iTunes||Quickoffice Pro HD|
|App Store||Find my iPad||Kindle||Safari|
|Next Bus Free||The Elements|
|Google+||Notesy for Dropbox||Videos|
|Dictionary.com HD||iCite APA||Numbers||WolframAlpa|
|Dragon Dictation||Internet Movie Database||Pages||Yahoo!