Only current faculty, staff and students may check out iPads. Patrons must have a valid library account in good standing and must read, agree to, and sign the iPad Loan Agreement. The iPad Loan Agreement must be read and signed each time an iPad is borrowed. Only one iPad can be checked out per person. Under no circumstances will a user be allowed to check out an iPad for another person.
- iPads can be checked out from the Thomas Cooper Library Technology Lounge desk during regular operating hours.
- The loan period is 7 days for faculty, students, and staff with No Renewals
- iPads are provided on a first-come, first-served basis. The Thomas Cooper Library cannot guarantee that an iPad will be available. There is a 24-hour turnaround time for maintenance on returned iPads. All iPads must be returned to the Technology Lounge desk during staffed operating hours.
- All iPads must be returned to the Technology Lounge staff during the Technology Lounge Helpdesk operating hours. lf iPads are returned to any other location a fine of $60.00 will be charged to you. lf you repeat this offense another $60.00 fine will be charged to your account and you will be banned from iPad check-out for up to two semesters.
Fines and Damages
- A $15.00 late fee will be assessed for each day or portion thereof that the iPad is returned late. Note you must turn the iPad into a Technology Lounge Staff member during Technology Lounge Helpdesk operating hours. Fines will be recorded on the borrower's library record and may result in borrowing and registration restrictions.
- The working condition of the iPad will be assessed before checkout and upon its return. Users are responsible for damage to and/or loss or theft of loaned units. Users are required to report any problems experienced with the iPad during their borrowing period.
- The replacement cost for a lost, stolen, or damaged iPad is $600. A charge of $40.00 will be assessed for each lost power cord and adapter; $50 for a lost case. Damage charges will be assessed based on the actual repair costs. If an iPad is 3 days overdue, it is considered lost or stolen, and the borrower will be charged for its replacement. In this case, patron information including location data from the Find My iPad application will be turned over to university police for recovery of the iPad.
IPads available for checkout have 16gbs of storage space and are equipped with Wi-Fi. IPads come with preloaded applications. The IPad must be logged into the Cooper Lounge ICloud account and therefore cannot allow users to wipe, download, or install applications from the Apple App. store. Some applications associated with the ICloud account may be blocked. For questions, please ask a Lounge Consultant at the Help Desk.
All IPads are reset and erased on check-in. Users should collect all data and documents from the IPad before returning it.
|Adobe Photoshop Express||iPod||Pulse News
|iTunes||Quickoffice Pro HD|
|App Store||Find my iPad||Kindle||Safari|
|Next Bus Free||The Elements|
|Google+||Notesy for Dropbox||Videos|
|Dictionary.com HD||iCite APA||Numbers||WolframAlpa|
|Dragon Dictation||Internet Movie Database||Pages||Yahoo!