Visitor Computer Use Policy
The Thomas Cooper Library provides computers to support the research needs of the University of South Carolina students, staff, and faculty. Visitors may use library computers under the following conditions:
- Visitors using online library subscription resources* will be logged into an available workstation only for the purpose and duration of conducting their research. This service is available during Research & Reference Help desk hours.
* University licensing of Microsoft Office products only covers current USC students, faculty, & staff. These products are not online library subscription resources.
- Visitors not using online library subscription resources will be logged into one of the computers located on the Main Level, which allow visitors 30 minutes of computer use per day. This service is available from the Research & Reference Help desk during these hours.
- Visitors may use the Library’s online catalog at the “Catalog Only” computers located on Levels 1-4 of the Thomas Cooper Library.
- Visitors with wireless-enabled computers may access the USC guest network, with assistance from the staff in the Cooper Technology Lounge on Level 5 if needed.