Getting Materials Delivered
Distance Education Resources > Getting Materials Delivered
Searching for something? Here's how to find it.
- From Article Databases
- The full article text may be attached or a link provided on the database page.
- The "Full Text Finder" link checks to see if we have the full text online from another database or a subscription.
- If we don’t have it online, Full Text Finder has a link to search the library catalog. If we have the volume you need, we can "scan and deliver" it to you. Request a Scan and Deliver through your Interlibrary Loan account. You’ll get an email message once the article has been placed into your account.
- From Ejournals
- Know the journal you need? Search the Locate Online Journals by Title / Full Text Finder for the title of the journal to see if we have it online.
- From Library Catalog -- Books
- Look for the Request button in the library catalog. Not everything can be requested, but if the button is there you can either have the items held for you at a library or, if you live outside of Richland and Lexington counties, you can have books mailed to the home address in your University account. Choose Mail as the Delivery Type and select "Distance Education Book Delivery" from the Pickup Location pull-down box.
- From PASCAL Delivers -- Books
- Look for the PASCAL Delivers icon from our library catalog or you can start with the PASCAL Delivers catalog.
- You can have books delivered, including USC Columbia books, to any of the participating academic libraries in South Carolina. You will need a Carolina Card or the Distributed Learning card and a photo ID to check out.
- Live outside of Richland or Lexington counties? We'll mail PASCAL Delivers books to you. One the book has arrived at Thomas Cooper Library, you will get an email notifcation. Reply to that email and ask for the book to be mailed.
If we don't have it our library, we can get it for you.
- Interlibrary Loan. Most articles or book chapters are delivered electronically to us so that’s how we’ll be able to deliver them to you. You'll be prompted to enter your USC network username and password. If you use the Full Text Finder link from a database you'll get a link that autofills your Interlibrary Loan request, or you can fill in your own Interlibrary Loan request.
- Books and other materials
- If a book isn’t available in our catalog or PASCAL Delivers, you can request it through Interlibrary Loan. We’ll mail Interlibrary Loan books if you live outside of Richland or Lexington counties. When you make an Interlibrary Loan request, simply tell us in the note field to mail the book to you.