The South Caroliniana Library Fund
Built in 1840, the South Caroliniana Library is the oldest continuously occupied academic library building in the United States. The building, located on the historic Horseshoe, served as the library of South Carolina College until construction of McKissick Library (now McKissick Museum) in 1940. At that time, the library building was established as the South Caroliniana Library to collect materials related to South Carolina and the South. It is now one of the premier research archives and special collections repositories in the state of South Carolina and the southeastern United States.
The South Caroliniana Library Fund was established to provide resources for the Library in the areas of greatest needs.
For more information about this fund, contact us.
To donate to this fund: