The quality of a university's library is directly related to the level of support provided to meet the educational and research needs of students and faculty. The University of South Carolina's library system has a strong tradition of supporting both the instructional and research goals that have been an integral part of the University mission for nearly 200 years. The Libraries have been described as the heart of the University because they support the institution's activities to foster excellence throughout all academic programs. The Libraries' strength and vigor feed the many divergent fields of learning and provide numerous services to people throughout the state.
The Libraries' collections have grown over the years through the support of many people, including alumni, University faculty and staff, and the citizens of South Carolina and the nation. Currently, the University Libraries have more than 80 funds and endowments valued at more than $10 million.
On behalf of the thousands of students and scholars who use the University Libraries every day, the Office of Development staff express thanks to those individuals whose generosity and foresight have helped make the University of South Carolina's libraries the premier academic research facility in the state and one of the best in the Southeast.
Office Mailing Address:
Office of Libraries Development
University of South Carolina
1322 Greene Street
Columbia, SC. 29208
A gift to the library is a gift to the entire University and to the community as a whole. Each student, each member of the faculty, each department and college, each citizen - all will benefit from every dollar received by the Libraries.
- Make your gift online today!
- Naming Opportunities are available to provide permanent recognition of particularly generous gifts.
- See Endowments and Gifts for specific information regarding University Libraries endowments or planned gifts.
- See Friends of the Libraries for information about membership in the Ex Libris Society, Thomas Cooper Society, or the University South Caroliniana Society.
- For all other questions, please email a member of the Development staff directly.