F. Scott Fitzgerald Voice and Film Clips
Three recitations recorded by Fitzgerald in California, c. 1940:
- John Keats: “Ode to a Nightingale” (8-bit / 2.3 MB)
- John Masefield: “On Growing Old” (8-bit / 1.3 MB)
- William Shakespeare: Othello’s speech to the Venetian senators (8-bit / 4 MB)
- Fitzgerald in the Twenties. (mpeg format / 1 MB)
The page of his writing reads:
Everybody has been predicting a bad end for the flapperòbut I don't think there is anything to worry about.
- Trailer for the silent-movie version of The Great Gatsby (Famous Players, 1926)
No print of the first movie version of The Great Gatsby survives. The only known footage is in the trailer.