My Online Account
The University Libraries are pleased to allow patrons online library account management. By visiting your Online Account, you can:
- View items checked out to your account.
- Renew items checked out to your account (up to 10 times).
- View any fines on your account .
- Save your 'preferred searches'.
- Receive email alerts when new materials are added to the libraries' collections that satisfy one of your preferred searches.
- Keep a record of the materials you have previously checked out.
- You can do all of this without coming into the library! You may be unable to renew your item if you owe library fines over $5.00, the item has been recalled, or it is the end of the semester/session and you have not registered for the following semester/session.
My Online Account Help
If you need help logging into your Online Account click Here for a tutorial.
Most overdue fines are $0.25 per item per day. Fines do accrue on days the library is closed. Fines on recalled items and periodicals are $1.00 per item per day. Items that are 40 days overdue will also accrue a one-time $10.00 processing fee. At this point a replacement fee will also be assessed; this is at least $45.00 for most books. The replacement fee will automatically be forgiven upon return of the item, provided it is returned in good condition. Fines on overdue reserve materials vary depending upon the loan period for the item.
The library accepts Carolina Card, cash, check and Visa/MasterCard credit and debit cards to pay for fees at the Circulation desk. Payment plans are available if necessary. Thomas Cooper Library does not reduce or forgive fines based upon financial hardship. You may remit payment by mail with a check made payable to USC, sent to the following address: Thomas Cooper Library, c/o Circulation, Columbia, SC 29208. Please inquire at Circulation or email the department at email@example.com for more information.