University Libraries events and exhibits for November 2016
All of these events are free and open to the public:
- -- Tuesday, November 1, 6 p.m., Fall Literary Festival Welcomes Karen Joy Fowler, Hollings Library, Program Room
- -- Friday, November 4, 1 p.m., Horseshoe History Tour with University Archivist Elizabeth Cassidy West. Meet at South Caroliniana Library.
- -- Tuesday, November 8, 6 - 9 p.m., Election Night Watch Party, South Carolina Political Collections and Student Government are partnering to present this student drop-in event. Russell House Ballroom A/B.
- -- Thursday, November 10, "Booktraces: Nineteenth-Century Books and the Marks of Reading," talk with Andrew Stauffer, University of Virginia, Hollings Library, Barrow Room, 3 p.m.
- -- Friday, November 11, Search the Stacks Event with Dr. Andrew Stauffer. Fun for students, faculty and staff. Meet in Hollings Library at 9 a.m.
- -- Saturday, November 19, Open Gallery, Hollings Library, 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- -- Thursday, December 1, Annual Holiday Coffee and Book Signing, Hollings Library, 11:30 a.m. - 2 p.m.
This is a ticketed event:
- -- Thursday, November 17, 6 p.m., Ex Libris Society Annual Dinner with Guest of Honor Anita Lobel, award-winning children's author and illustrator. Lobel will receive the Thomas Cooper Society Medal, presented in recognition of distinction in the arts and sciences. For information about attending this ticketed event, which is open to the community, contact the Libraries Development Office at 6-6016 or email@example.com.
Exhibits and Displays
"Anita Lobel Collection," November 7 - mid-March, Irvin Department of Rare Books and Special Collections Gallery, Hollings Library
"Election Day," selected items from South Carolina Political Collections, Brittain Gallery
“South Carolina Political Collections Celebrates 25 Years" -- South Carolina Political Collections Gallery, through January 2017
“New Work from the Trenholm Artists Guild (TAG),” an ongoing partnership between the Music Library and TAG — First Floor
"Southern Exposure Concert Series Art" -- First Floor, through November 4
Thomas Cooper Library
“Presidential Elections: Eisenhower through Obama,” selected items from South Carolina Political Collections, East and West Galleries, Lobby, through December 2
“World Government,” Government Information and Maps, Level 5, through January 11