- Only current faculty, staff, and graduate students in the Music Department may check out camcorders. Patrons must have a valid library account in good standing and must read, agree to, and sign the Camcorder Loan Agreement.
- The Camcorder Loan Agreement must be read and signed each time a camcorder is borrowed. Under no circumstances will a user be allowed to check out a camcorder for another person.
- Camcorders can be checked out from the Music Library Circulation Desk during regular operating hours.
- The loan period is 2 days.
- Cameras can be renewed once (in person) unless they have been booked by another patron;
- All camcorders must be returned to the Music Library Circulation Desk during regular operating hours.
Fines and Damages
- Late fee of $10 for each day past the due date, payable at the Thomas Cooper Library will be assessed for each day the camera is past its due date.
- The working condition of the camcorder will be assessed before checkout and upon its return. Users are responsible for damage to and/or loss or theft of loaned units. Users are required to report any problems experienced with the camcorder during their borrowing period.
- The replacement cost for a lost, stolen, or damaged camcorder is $360. A charge of $135 will be assessed for each lost power adapter; $40.00 for a lost SDHC card; $50.00 for a lost case; $70.00 for a lost tripod and/or lost tripod bag; $100 for a lost battery; $90 for a lost HDMI cable; $26 for a lost USB cable; $20 for a lost stylus (also CD-ROMS and manuals).
- Camcorders are available for checkout with 32 GB SDHC cards. It is the patron’s responsibility to erase all data on SDHC card prior to equipment return. The Music Library is in no way responsible for any resulting privacy violation.