CD-ROMs and DVDs may be used in the department and may be available for checking out. Arrangements for viewing videos can be made.
Department of Labor
- O*NET 98, Version 1.0 L 37.25:Oc 1/CD
- O*NET includes information on the skills, abilities, knowledge, work activities and interests associated with 950 occupations. To download O*NET database files (.dbf format) and viewing software see: http://purl.access.gpo.gov/GPO/LPS4232 An updated version is available for searching and browsing or for download on the O*NET Online web site.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook and Career Guide to Industries on CD-ROM, (CD-ROM) L 2.3/4-4:yr
- 1992-present. Earlier editions available in print. Most recent edition available on the Internet.
- Office of Employment and Unemployment Statistics Publications, CPD, CES, LAUS, ES-202, OES, MLS, (1993) L 2.134:OF 2
- Unemployment and employment statistics. Updated statistics available on the Bureau of Labor Statistics web site.
- OSHA CD-ROM: Regulations, Documents and Technical Information L 35.26:A yr-quarter
- Whistleblower Library and Judges' Benchbooks on Alien Labor Certification, Black Lung and Longshore (October, 1994) L 1.89:W 57/CD
- Decisions, digests, and regulatory and statutory materials relating to the employee protection provisions of eight federal laws: : Clean Air Act, comprehensive environment response compensation and Liability Act; Energy Reorganization Act; Federal Water Pollution Control Act; Solid Waste Disposal Act; Surface Transportation Assistance Act. Also includes Judges Bench Books: Alien Labor Certification; Black Lung Benefits Act; Longshore and Harbor Workers' Compensation Act. Judges' benchbooks cover alien labor certification, the Black Lung Benefits Act, and Longshore & Harbor Workers' Compensation Act. Related resources including administrative decisions available online.
Library of Congress (LC)
- Braille Book Review Talking Book Topics, (FLOPPY)LC 19.23:yr/#
- Lists of Braille and recorded materials available to eligible borrowers through the National Library Service for the Blind and the Handicapped, Library of Congress. To order items, contact the closest cooperating library.
- CD BLND, National Library Service for the Blind and Physically Handicapped LC 19.24:yr/quarter
- Catalogs: http://www.loc.gov/nls/catalogs/index.html