CD-ROMs and DVDs may be used in the department and may be available for checking out. Arrangements for viewing videos can be made.
Department of Justice (J)
- Computer-Assisted Instructional Program on the Federal Rules of Bankruptcy Procedure, 2000, (CD-ROM) JU 13.18:B 22
- Designed to help bankruptcy clerks learn how the Federal Rules of Bankruptcy Procedure apply to their work.
- "This interactive CD–ROM (NCJ 194198) from NIJ contains five modules (anger, threats, attacks with weapons, suicide, and weapons on campus) that are intended to aid school personnel in their responses to such potentially violent situations. The modules, which can be viewed in any order, are broken down into 12 didactic tutorials (e.g., de-escalating student conflicts, assessing a suicide threat, suspected gunshots) and 14 interactive scenarios (e.g., fight in library, Internet hit list, gun in cafeteria). The interactive portion presents videos of potentially dangerous situations and asks the viewer to select a response from a variety of choices."
- 1995-. Print copies of earlier editions are available in the department.
- Software to help law enforcement officers and researchers collect information using standardized questions from the National Crime Victimization Survey.
- Proceedings from a 1998 conference.
- "Guides and a searchable database developed to help emergency first responders in the evaluation and purchase of chemical and biological detection, personal protective, and communications equipment." NIJ Guide 100-00, 103-00, 101-00, 104-00, 102-00.
- Evidence examinations, evidence submission, crime scene search and crime scene safety.
Federal Justice Statistics Program (CD-ROM) J 29.30:yr
- 1995-. Data and documentation from the Federal Justice Statistics Program about individuals and corporations processed through the federal criminal justice system. Includes programs to perform customized analyses.
- Educator's kit includes the full report, data spreadsheets and supporting source documents.
- Raw ASCII datasets including prison admissions, release and parole data. SAS and SPSS setup files are provided.
- 1994-1998. Superseded by online version.
- Reducing Youth Violence: A Comprehensive Approach (September, 1999), Version 2.0 J 32.21:Y 8
- Interactive multimedia CD-ROM includes information on 48 successful programs, 132 technical resource listings, full-text of over 200 OJJDP publications and over 2000 graphs, tables and charts.
- 1994-. Earlier editions available in print.
- Data on the demographic characteristics, criminal history, pretrial processing, adjudication, and sentencing of felony defendants in State Courts in large urban counties. Also includes biennial reports based on SCPS (Felony Defendants in Large Urban Counties). Data is in SPSS, ASCII formats.
- Executive summary and research briefings of 2002 Workshop.
- Depositions taken between July 9, 1998 and February 4, 1999. Partially available online.
Conflict Resolution for School Personnel, An Interactive School Safety Training Tool, Disk 1-2, (CD-ROM) J 28.31:SCH 1
Crime in the United States, (CD-ROM) J 1.14/7-8:yr range
Crime Victimization Survey Software, November 1999, (CD-ROM) J 29.29:C 86
Domestic Violence By Police Officers, etc., September 1998, (CD-ROM) J 1.14/23:D 71
Emergency Responder Chemical and Biological Equipment Guides and Database J 28.31:C 41
Federal Bureau of Investigation, Handbook of Forensic Services, (CD-ROM) J 1.14/23:F 73
Juvenile Offenders and Victims: 1999 National Report, (CD-ROM) J 32.23 J 98
National Corrections Reporting Program, 1996, June 1999, (CD-ROM) J 29.11/13-2:996
NCJRS Document Data Base on CD-ROM J 28.31/2:yr
Operation Cooperation, Partnership Between Law Enforcement and Private Security, (VIDEO) J 26.2:OP 2/VIDEO
Rules of Practice, Federal Rules of Appellate Procedure, Federal Circuit Rules Practice Notes, etc., May 1, 2001, (CD-ROM) JU 7.8/2:P 88/2001/CD
Sourcebook of Criminal Justice Statistics, (CD-ROM) J 29.9/6-2:yr range
Third Annual DNA Grantees' Workshop J 28.31:D 44
U.S.A. v. Microsoft Corp., Deposition: Bill Gates, August 27 & 28, September 2, 1998, (VidEO TAPES) JU 10.2:M 58/3/date/TAPE no.
United States v. Microsoft Publically Released Deposition Transcripts, June 1999, (CD-ROM) JU 10.25:M 58