CD-ROMs and DVDs may be used in the department and may be available for checking out. Arrangements for viewing videos can be made.
Interior Department (I)
- 1:100,000-scale DLG data, hydrography/transportation I 19.120:D 56/AREA (no.)
- Vols. 2,3,4,5,13,14. Contains digital line graph hydrography and transportation data in color for the conterminous United States and Hawaii.
- 1:100,000-scale DLG data, hydrography/transportation I 19.120:D 56/AREA1-14/OPTION
- Vols. 1-13. Contains 1:100,000-scale digital line graph hydrography and transportation data in color for the conterminous United States and Hawaii.
- 1:2,000,000-scale digital line graph data, (CD-ROM) I 19.120:D 56/995/OPTION
- Digital line graph data covers conterminous United States plus Hawaii; and includes categories: boundaries, hydrography, manmade features, public land surveys, and transportation.
- 3-D Reservoir Characterization of the House Creek Oil Field, Powder River Basin, Wyoming, V1.00, 1997. I 19.121:33
- Describes geologic and geochemical factors that control petroleum production from the House Creek oil field. Facilitates visualizing geologic structures in three dimensions, understanding the geologic significance of porosity/permeability distribution across sandstone bodies, and applying this information to petroleum-production characteristics in the oil field. Features movies, text, images such as scanning electron photomicrographs and thin-section photomicrographs, and data files.
- 500-Mhz Ground Penetrating Radar Data Collected during an Intentional Spill of Tetrachloroethylene at Canadian Forces Base Borden in 1991. I 19.121:25
- Contains (1) 287 full-resolution, geometrically correct ground penetrating radar (GPR) image files; (2) text files documenting this disc, the experiment, and published references; and (3) executable programs and source code to find and display the image and text files.
- 2000 Multibeam Sonar Survey of Crater Lake, Oregon: Data, GIS, Images, and Movies, U.S. Geological Survey, Digital Data Series DDS-72, 2001 I 19.121:72
- Contains the raw multibeam bathymetry and backscatter data as well as a GIS ArcExplorer 2.0 project for the scientific community to use in research. Computer-generated images and a fly-by movie allow any user to visualize the lake floor. A QuickTime movie and photographs of the helicopter operations shows how the multibeam survey took place and a list of Crater Lake publications and related websites can be used for further Crater Lake research and general interest.
- 2000 Resources Assessment of Selected Coal Beds, etc., U.S. Geological Survey, Professional Paper 1625-C, Disc 1 and 2, 2001, (CD-ROM) I 19.16:1625-C/DISCS.1-2/CD
- Disc 1:PDF file containing results of assessment. Disc 2:county-based Arcview files of the resources, geology and geochemistry of the assessed coal beds or zones.
- A Debris Avalanche at Forest Falls, San Bernardino County, California, July 11, 1999, U.S. Geological Survey, Open-File Report 01-146, 2001, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:01-146
- Contains data and maps that are derived from aerial gamma-ray surveys flown over parts of Alaska. These surveys were flown as part of the National Uranium Resource Evaluation (NURE) Program of the U.S. Department of Energy (USDOE), and were flown during parts of 1976, 1977, 1979, and 1980. For most of the surveys, the flightline spacings are 10 km and the lines are oriented east-west. These surveys were flown as part of the National Uranium Resource Evaluation (NURE) Program of the U.S. Department of Energy (USDOE), and were flown during parts of 1976, 1977, 1979, and 1980. For most of the surveys, the flightline spacings are 10 km and the lines are oriented east-west.These surveys were flown as part of the National Uranium Resource Evaluation (NURE) Program of the U.S. Department of Energy (USDOE), and were flown during parts of 1976, 1977, 1979, and 1980. For most of the surveys, the flightline spacings are 10 km and the lines are oriented east-west. Most of the data were originally organized by the 250,000 scale topographic quadrangles in Alaska. For the purposes of this presentation of the data, the data were collected into a single database. Some of the aerial measurement systems were calibrated so that the data were represented as concentrations of potassium, uranium, and thorium in the rocks and soils but some systems presented the data as counts per second. Because of these differences, the data were further processed to remove calibration differences and to convert the count rates to concentration values. The database includes the original data values as well as the processed values. For more information see the web site.
- A Gap Analysis of Arkansas AR-GAP, Final Report and Data, DISC 1-2, June 1998, (CD-ROM) I 19.212/4:AR 4 K/DISC.1-2
- Final report and GIS data (ancillary coverages, land cover, species richness, land stewardship in Arc/Info format, distribution coverages of all mammals, birds, amphibians and reptiles.
- A Gap Analysis of Colorado, CO-GAP, Disc 1-3, April 2000 Final Report, U.S. Geological Survey, (CD-ROM), I 19.212/6:C 71/DISC.1-3
- A Gap Analysis of Idaho, ID-GAP, Final Report and Data, Disc. 1-3, June 2002, (CD-ROM) I 19.212/12:ID 1/DISC.1-3
- Final report and GIS data ( land cover, land stewardship and supporting imagery for land cover classification, vertebrates, species richness). Project website.
- A Gap Analysis of Louisiana, DISC 1, U.S. Geological Survey, June 2000 Final Report, (CD-ROM) I 19.212/18:L 93/DISC.1-2
- Final report and GIS data ( land cover, land stewardship and supporting imagery for land cover classification, vertebrates, species richness). Project website.
- A Gap Analysis of Maine ME-GAP, Final Report and Data, DISC 1-2, October 1998, (CD-ROM) I 19.212/19:M 28/DISC.1-2
- Final report and GIS data ( land cover, land stewardship and supporting imagery for land cover classification, vertebrates, species richness). Project website.
- A Gap Analysis of Mainland California: An Interactive Atlas of Terrestrial Biodiversity and Land Management, USGS, (CD-ROM) I 19.212/5:C 12
- Includes data and initial findings. Maps and data include dominant plant species, plant communities, terrestial wildlife species, wildlife habitats and land ownership and management. Atlas allows user to make queries, displays and analyses. Project website.
- A Gap Analysis of Montana, U.S. Geological Survey, Final Report and Data, Disc 1-4, September 1998, (CD-ROM) I 19.212/26:M 76/DISC.1-4
- Final report and GIS data (ancillary coverages, land cover, species richness, land stewardship in Arc/Info format, distribution coverages of all mammals, birds, amphibians and reptiles. Project website.
- A Gap Analysis of Oregon, OR--GAP, Final Report and Data, Disc. 1-2, October 1999, (CD-ROM) I 19.212/37:OR 4/DISC.1-2
- Final report and GIS data ( land cover, land stewardship and supporting imagery for land cover classification, vertebrates, species richness). Project website.
- A Gap Analysis of Pennsylvania PA - GAP, Final Report and Data, June 2000, (CD-ROM)
I 19.212/38:P 38
- A Gap Analysis of South Carolina, SC--GAP, Final Report and Data, Disc. 1-2, 2001, (CD-ROM) I 19.212/40:SO 8 C/DISC.1-2
- Data also available for download.
- A Gap Analysis of Virginia VA - GAP, Final Report and Data, June 2001, (CD-ROM)
I 19.212/46:V 46
- A Gap Analysis of Washington, WA-GAP, Final Report and Data, U.S. Geological Survey, September 1997, (CD-ROM) I 19.212/47:W 47/DISC.1
- Final report and GIS data (land cover and stewardship in Arc/Info format, distribution coverages of all mammals, birds, amphibians, reptiles and birds. Project webpage.
- A GAP Analysis of West Virginia, WV-GAP, U.S. Geological Survey, April 2002, (CD-ROM) I 19.212/48:W 52 V
- Final report and GIS data ( land cover, land stewardship and supporting imagery for land cover classification, vertebrates, species richness). Project website.
- A History of Phosphate Mining in Southeastern Idaho, U.S. Geological Survey, Open-File Report 00-425, 2001, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:00-425
- After a basic, general discussion of the early history of the area and some of the early phosphate development problems,each mine is discussed in the order of initial development. The discussions include mine (or lease) ownership, history of prospecting and development, actual mining,and mine closure. Discussions of individual mine geology have been held to a minimum since the geology of the phosphate field has been extensively and expertly covered in many other papers. Also, there is very little discussion about the actual production of each mine.With the early, mostly private, mines, production statistics are not available, and with the later mines on Federal lands, the production is proprietary. Anecdotal information was used when available and appropriate to make the whole paper more readable.
- A Laboratory Manual for X-Ray Powder Diffraction, U.S. Geological Survey, U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 01-041, 2001, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:01-041
- Provides the user with the X-ray powder diffraction methods used at the U. S. Geological Survey (USGS) Woods Hole Field Center in Woods Hole, Massachusetts. Presented as an abridged guide for laboratory technicians and students interested in X-ray powder diffraction methodology, principles of diffractometry, and descriptions of clay mineralogy.
- A Marine GIS Library for Massachusetts Bay: U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 99-439, 2000, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:99-439
- Beginning effort to develop library of information in GIS format for Massachusettes Bay Region, assembled at workshop attended by federal and state government, industry and academia. Focuses on disposal sites, contaminated sediments and sea floor mapping.
- A Microsoft Windows Version of the Mark3 Monte Carlo Mineral Resources Simulator, U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 00-415, 2001, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:00-415
- Software and associated data files.
- A Topographic Field Trip of Washington, D.C., 1997, (CD-ROM) I 19.2:W 27/CD
- Multimedia educational CD-ROM to teach teach topographic map reading skills.
- Aerial Gamma-Ray Surveys in Alaska, U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 01-128, Disc 1 of 2, 2001, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:01-128/DISC.1-2
- "For most of the surveys, the flightline spacings are 10 km and the lines are oriented east-west. North-south tie-lines were flown at intervals of about 40 km. The nominal altitude of the aircraft above the ground was 122 m. The gamma-ray detectors used were thallium doped sodium iodide detectors with a total crystal volume of about 50 L. The gamma-ray spectra were processed to produce corrected count rates for potassium, uranium, thorium, and total count. The corrections applied to the gamma-ray data included corrections for aircraft and cosmic radiation background, altitude variations, Compton scattering, and airborne bismuth-214. Most of the data were originally organized by the 250,000 scale topographic quadrangles in Alaska. For the purposes of this presentation of the data, the data were collected into a single database."
- Aerial Gamma-Ray Surveys of the Conterminous United States and Alaska, U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Reports 99-562-A-M, 2000 (CD-ROM) I 19.76:99-562-A-M
- These 13 discs contain data from Alaska and conterminous U.S. separated by states into geographical areas. Files collected as part of NURE Program of Dept. of Energy flown from 1975 to 1983. Includes Windows 32-bit program that reads the ASCII files and converts them to a consistent binary or ASCII format and to examine profile data and calculate basic statistical information.
- Aeromagnetic Surveying in Wisconsin 1996: Digital Data Files, U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 00-500, 2001, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:00-500
- Data collected for 3 separate areas outlined on index map include: Point measurements; grids of residual magnetic intensity; and images of aeromagnetic data.
- Aeromagnetic Surveying in Wisconsin 1997-98: Digital Data Files, U.S. Geological Survey, Open-File Report 99-28, 1999, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:99-28
- One of several aeromagnetic surveys of Wisconsin, this extends coverage southward toward middle of state. Both digital point and gridded data are included as well as images of data for 5 areas covered.
- Aerial Magnetic, Electromagnetic, and Gamma-ray Survey, Berrien County, Michigan, U.S. Geological Survey, U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 02-117, 2002, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:02-117
- Maps, grids, flightline databases of the data and grids of satellite data, two registered images of area geology. Includes free interactive viewer for maps and flightline data.
- Aeromagnetic Surveying in Wisconsin 1998-99:Digital Data Files, U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 99-527, 2000 (CD-ROM) I 19.76:99-527
- Contains data collected for southern 1/3 of Wisconsin during 1998-99. Both digital flight line and gridded data are included as well as images of data presented as one contiguous map.
- Aeromagnetic, Gravity Anomaly, and Derivative Maps of the Craig and Dixon Entrance 1-degree by 3-degree Quadrangles of southeastern Alaska I 19.121:56
- Contains aeromagnetic, gravity, geology, and topographic data as well as several derivative products, for the Craig and Dixon Entrance 1degree x 3degree quadrangles of Southeastern Alaska.
- Alaska Aeromagnetic Compilation-Digital Grids and Survey Data, U.S. Geological Survey, Open File Report 99-502, 1999, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:99-502
- Digital data, grids and plot files based on 96 aeromagnetic surveys flown in Alaska 1945-1994. Digital database files include digital flightline, digitized contour, or gridded data from individual aeromagnetic surveys.
- An interpretation of the 1997 Airborne ElectroMagnetic (AEM) survey, Fort Huachuca vicinity, Cochise County, Arizona, with digital data, U.S. Geological Survey, Open-File Report 99-7-A, 1999, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:99-7-A
- Reports observations and data from an Airborne Electromagnetic (AEM) survey taken in March 1997 of the Fort Huachuca Military Reservation, Arizona.
- Animated changes in Simulated Hydrologic Head, Mojave River Ground-Water Basin, California, 1931-99, U.S. Geological Survey, Water-Resources Investigations Report 01-4002, I 19.42/4:01-4002/CD
- Animations for Petroleum Systems: 36 Short MPEG Movies, U.S. Geological Survey, Open-File Report 99-21, 1999, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:99-21
- MPEG movies relating to various aspects of fossil-fuel energy, particularly oil and gas, and extracted from two videos produced by the U.S. Geological Survey: The future of energy gases and Wrestling with uncertainty.
- Ano Nuevo to Santa Cruz, CA – A Photographic Tour of the Coastline I 19.121:61
- Interactive CD-ROM containing over 500 overlapping high-resolution digital images of California coastline taken by digital camera connected to global positioning system receiver, to illustrate coastal geology adjacent to part of Monterey Bay National Marine Sanctuary.
- Appendix and Heron Lake Model, U.S. Geological Survey, Water-Resources Investigations Report 00-4095, (CD-ROM) I 19.42/4:00-4095/CD
- APSRS Aerial Photography Summary Record System, May 1996, (CD-ROM) I 19.120:AE 8/CD/yr
- Manual: I 19.120: AE 8/MAN.
- Archive of Boomer and Sparker Subbottom data, collected During USGS Cruise MCAR 98008 (M3-98-WO) Washington Shelf, 24 June - 5 July, 1998, Disc 1 of 3, U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 99-592, 2000 (CD-ROM) I 19.76:99-592/DISC.1-3
- Contains copies of navigation and field Boomer and Sparker subbottom data collected aboard NOAA Ship McArthur. Cruise MCAR 98008 was conducted as a collaborative study involving Olympic Coast National Marine Sanctuary and USGS.
- Archive of Boomer Seismic-Reflection Data Collected Aboard RV CORLISS Cruise CRLS97007, etc., Disc 1-2, U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 98-351, 1999, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:98-351/DISC.1-2
- Digital high-resolution seismic-reflection and bathymetric data collected in 1997.
- Archive of Seismic-Reflection Data Collected Abroard RV CORLISS Cruise CRLS98014 in the Columbia River Estuary, etc., U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 99-307, Disc 1-3, 1999, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:99-307/DISC.1-3
- Digital high-resolution seismic-reflection and bathymetric data.
- Archive of SIS-1000 CHIRP subbottom data, collected during USGS cruise GYRE 99002 Gulf of Mexico, 9-22 April, 1999, Disc 1 of 3, U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 99-586, 2000 (CD-ROM) I 19.76:99-586/DISC.1-3
- Focussed on mapping surficial sedimentary processes and their connection to subsurface geology on upper continental slope in northwestern Gulf of Mexico.
- Archive of SIS-1000 CHIRP subbottom data, collected during USGS cruise MCAR 98008 (M3-98-WO) Washington Shelf, 24 June 5 July, 1998, Disc 1 of 2, U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 99-591, 2000 (CD-ROM) I 19.76:99-591/DISC.1-2
- Investigates crustal faults in continental shelf off Washington state to address question of whether these faults pose significant seismic hazards to local communities independent of large subduction earthquakes.
- Archive of the QMIPS Sidescan Sonar and Navigation Field Data Collected Aboard R/V Cape Henlopen 24-30 May, 1996, Open-File Report 96-83 I 19.76:96-83
- Cruise report available on Internet.
- Assessment of the Alluvial Sediments in the Big Thompson River Valley, Colorado I 19.121:66
- Includes report summarizing collection, processing and interpreatation of data, data (seismograms) and software to view seismograms.
- Assessment of Undiscovered Deposits of Gold, Silver, Copper, Lead, and Zinc in the United States, U.S. Geological Survey, U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 02-198, 2002, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:02-198
- Recompilation of USGS OFR 96-96 and Circular 1178 in PDF format. Earlier publications in Docs department.
- Atlas of GLORIA Sidescan-Sonar Imagery of the Exclusive Economic Zone, etc., Open-File Report 97-540, December 1997, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:97-540
- Contains GLORIA sidescan imagery of all deep-water portions of EEZ of the U.S. mapped during 8 years of data collection, accompanied by tutorial overviews of plate tectonics, remote sensing with GLORIA, and highlights of features from the 11 geographic areas. Interactive links to word definitions, enlarged images, shaded-relief images, and geologic maps make this CD an attractive tool for teaching.
- Atlas of the Deepwater Parts of the U.S. Exclusive Economic Zone in the Atlantic Ocean, the Gulf of Mexico, and the Eastern Caribbean Sea. I 19.121:15
- A menu-driven digital version of sidescan-sonar mosaics and geologic maps with searchable text. Includes bathymetry overlays for the images, twenty-one seismic profiles, and a three-dimensional perspective of the entire eastern Atlantic sea floor. GLORIA data collected between 1882-1987.
- Basin-Centered Gas Systems of the U.S., U.S. Geological Survey, Open-File Report 01-135, 2001, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:01-135
- 33 potential basin-centered gas accumulations throughout the US were identified and characterized based on data from published literature and from well and reservoir databases.
- Bathymetry of West-Central Florida, etc., U.S. Geological Survey, Open-File Report 99-417, Version 1.0, 2000, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:99-417
- Data and map files of digital bathymetric surface model of the Gulf of Mexico, intracoastal waterway and Tampa Bay in West-Central Florida, USA.
- Bathymetry, Sidescan Sonar Image, Surface Sediments, and Surfical Geological Map of the Inner Shelf off Sarasota, Florida: Preliminary discussion and GIS database release, U.S. Geological Survey, Open-File Report 99-396, 1999, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:99-396
- Contains copies of completed sidescan sonar mosaic, bathymetric images, collected samples, and interpretive geologic overlays. Beach erosion is major concern on high developed west-central Floria coast.
- Beach Structures Map Series of West-Central Florida, etc., U.S. Geological Survey, Open-File Report 99-416, Version 1.0, 2000, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:99-416
- Locates the dunes, scarps, seawalls, jetties, rocks, groins and piers along the Gulf of Mexico shoreline of the barrier islands of West-Central Florida as of 1994-1996.
- Bedrock Geologic Map of the Hubbard Brook Experimental Forest, Grafton County, New Hampshire, U.S. Geological Survey, U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 00-45, 2001, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:00-45
- Geologic maps compiles in ArcInfo. Complete report contains color maps, text describing the geology and database files.
- Benthic Flux of Dissolved Nickel into the Water Column of South San Francisco Bay, U.S. Geological Survey, Open-File Report 01-89, 2001, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:01-89
- "Field and laboratories studies between April, 1998 and May, 1999 were conducted using sediment cores collected from South San Francisco Bay to provide initial direct measurements of dissolved-nickel flux from the sediments, and to relate those measurements to both regulated fresh-water point sources and unregulated non-point sources into that component of the estuary."
- Benthic Flux of Metals and Nutrients into the Water Column of Lake Coeur d'Alene, Idaho: Report of an August 1999, Pilot Study, U.S. Geological Survey, WRI 00-4132, 2000, (CD-ROM) I 19.42/4:00-4132/CD
- Benthic Habitat and Faunal Surveys of Closed Area II, Central Georges Bank, 1998 and 1999, U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 01-66, 2001, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:01-66
- The Brown Tree Snake on Guam: A Comprehensive Information Source, U.S. Geological Survey, USGS/BRD/ITR--2002-0009, (CD-ROM) I 19.210:2002-0009/CD
- Source materials on threats, research results, containment, and management of the brown tree snake.
- Catalog of Hawaiian Earthquakes, 1823-1959, U.S. Geological Survey, Professional Paper 1623, version 1.2, 2000, (CORRECTION), (CD-ROM) I 19.16:1623/CORR ???
- Coal Quality and Resources of the Former Soviet Union- An ArcView Project, U.S. Geological Survey, Open File Report 01-104, 2001, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:01-104
- Coal quality data selected from monographs, reference books and other data sources reviewed by Russian co-authors.
- Coalbed Gas in Hungary--A Preliminary Report, U.S. Geological Survey, Open-File Report 01-473, 2002, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:01-473
- Review of coalbed methane potential of Hungary and discussion of proximate and desorption analyses of selected coal beds.
- Coastal Vulnerability to Sea-Level Rise: A Preliminary Database for the U.S. Atlantic, Pacific, and Gulf of Mexico Coasts, U.S. Geological Survey, U.S. Geological Survey Digital Data Series DDS-68, 2001, (CD-ROM) I 19.121:68
- A database containing information in applied coastal geology which relates to determining the physical response of the coastline to sea-level rise. Contains Open-File Reports 99-593, 00-178, 00-179. Data in the reports available in ArcExplorer and ArcView projects format, ArcView shapefile, ArcInfo export files More information about CD-ROM on the Internet..
- Comparative Geology and Geochemistry of Sedimentary-Rock-Hsted (Carlin-Type) Gold Deposits in the People's Republic of China and in Nevada, USA, U.S. Geological Survey, Open-File Report 98-466, Version 1,1,1999, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:98-466/VER.1.1
- Text and an interactive database designed to help Western companies get information on these gold deposits in China and to conduct research on them.
- Comprenensive Management and Use Plan, Final Environmental Impact Statement, California National Historic Trail, Pony Express National Historic Trail, etc., (CD-ROM) I 29.88/3:C 12/2/CD
- The National Park Service's policy on management and use, and consequent environmental impact, for four national historic trails.
- Concentrations for Total Dissolved Solids, Arsenic, Boron, Fluoride, and Nitrite-Nitrate for Wells Sampled in the Mojave Water Agency Management Area, California, etc., U.S. Geological Survey, Open File Report 01-84, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:01-84
- Construction of Digital Bathhmetry for the Gulf of Maine, U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 98-801, 1999, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:98-801
- Describes construction of 15 arc second and 30 arc second resolution bathymetric grids for Gulf of Maine. Goal was to construct best gridded products possible using available digital bathmetric data. Includes images in tif and jpg formats, grids for 15 and 30 second grids in ArcInfo, Matlab, GMT and ASCII files, contours in ArcInfo, Matlab or ASCII format, processed sounding files in ASCII format.
- Conterminous U.S. AVHRR: Biweekly Composites I 19.120/3:995/1-7
- AVHRR image composites collected by the Dept. of the Interior's Earth Resources Observation Systems satellites, indexed in cartographic, hydrological, climatic, ecological and terrain directories. More information:
- Continental Shelf GIS for the Monterey Bay National Marine Sanctuary, U.S. Geological Survey, Open-File Report 01-179, 2001, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:01-179
- The U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) conducted a research project in the sanctuary from 1994 to 2000 to determine the marine geological environment. The focus of the USGS study is on the broad, flat continental shelf, areas shallower than 200 m (656 ft), between San Francisco to the north and Point Sur to the south. This area is approximately 3,000 sq km (1,160 sq mi) or 20 percent of the areal extent of the sanctuary. The project tasks focused on seafloor mapping, sediment sample collection and analysis, and oceanographic processes. The data resulting from this research is presented in this geographic information system (GIS) compilation. GIS compilation will be revised and updated as new data becomes available. Revisions will appear on the Internet.
- Contributions to the Gold Metallogeny of Northern Nevada, U.S. Geological Survey, Open-File Report 98-338, 1998, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:98-338
- Aspects about the geologic and metallogenic setting of gold-silver deposits in northern Nevada are addressed in the twenty-two chapters that compose this volume. Organized on four themes 1) crustal structure 2) Carlin-type deposits; 3) pluton-related gold-silver deposits near Battle Mountain; 4) hot-spring gold-silver deposits.
- Crosswell Seismic Tomography at the USGS Fractured Rock Research Site: Data Collection, Data Processing, and Tomograms, U.S. Geological Survey, Open-File Report 98-510, 1998 I 19.76:98-510
- Includes report describing data collection and presenting tomograms as figures, seismographs, source locations, receiver locations and traveltimes, tomograms in digital form and software for viewing seismograms.
- Data Base for a National Mineral-Resource Assessment of Undiscovered Deposits of Gold, Silver, Copper, Lead, and Zinc in the Conterminous U.S., etc, U.S.G.S. Open File Report 96-96 I 19.76:96-96
- Results of mineral-resource assessment conducted from 1993-1995 consisting of probabilistic estimates of amounts of undiscovered gold, silver, copper, lead, and zinc in conventional types of deposits. Data base also contains a table of significant known deposits and descriptions of mineral deposit models used for assessment. This is the first time that probabilistic estimates of the amounts of undiscovered gold, silver, copper, lead, and zinc in conventional types of mineral deposits have been provided in a single report.
- Data Collection at U.S. Geological Survey Streamgaging Stations, U.S. Geological Survey, Water-Resources Investigations Report 99-4120, 1999, (CD-ROM) I 19.42/4:99-4120/CD
- PowerPoint presentation describes the way measurements are made at USGS streamgaging stations.
- Data from Selected U.S. Geological Survey National Stream Water-Quality Monitoring Networks (WQN). I 19.121:37
- Contains data from two USGS national stream water-quality networks, the Hydrologic Benchmark Network (HBN) and the National Stream Quality Accounting Network (NASQAN). Data includes sampling, streamflow measurements, station attributes, and quality control data, as well as documentation of important changes in field and laboratory methods, etc. Also contains USGS open-file report 96-337, Data from selected U.S. Geological Survey national stream water-quality monitoring networks (WQN) on CD-ROM.
- Data Model and Relational Database Design for the New England Water-Use Data System (NEWUDS), U.S. Geological Survey, Open-File Report 01-359, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:01-359
- Report in PDF format and zipped and unzipped MS Access NEWUDS database.
- Data, Software, and Applications for Education and Research in Geology, Virginia, 1993, Open File Report 93-231 I 19.76:93-231
- Data ranges in resolution from digital orthophoto quads ... to isopleths of simple Bouguer gravity anomalies. Data types include seismic sections, vector and icon overlays, 3-dimensional displays, film loops, color imagery, Gloria sonar imagery, and Landsat TM imagery.
- Data-Base of Surface and Ground Water Samples Analyzed for Deuterium and Oxygen-18 from the Western States of Arizona, etc., U.S. Geological Survey, Open-File Report 00-388, Version 1.0, 2000, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:00-388
- This data-base contains the isotopic composition of both deuterium and oxygen-18, location, chemical, and physical data of more than 14,180 samples of surface and ground water from the western states of Arizona, California, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming. Data in tabular form and locations are plotted on maps. Tables in.pdf, .txt, .csv, .dbf, .xls.
- Databases and Spatial Data Model for Mineralized Areas, Mines, and Prospects in the Grand Mesa, Uncompahgre, etc., U.S. Geological Survey, Open-File Report 00-298, 2000, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:00-298
- Includes database of 2485 mines and prospects; outlines and descriptions of mineralized areas; forest and county boundaries; index to 7 1/2-minute quadrangles; 30x60 minute topographic quadrangle maps; claim density and activity; simplified geology.
- Deep Seismic Reflection Studies in the Pacific Northwest United States. I 19.121:16
- Seismic data from southern Washington state, ASCII text files of location and velocity information, display software, program source code, and documentation.
- Detailed Aerial Gamma-ray Surveys, Albuquerque Basin, New Mexico, U.S. Geological Survey, U.S. Geological Survey Open File Report OFR 02-160, 2002, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:02-160
- Maps and flightline databases of two detailed aerial gamma-raysurveys, maps of aeromagnetic, topographic and geologic data.
- Development, Verification and Application of a Simplified Method to Estimate Total-Streambed Scour at Bridge Sites in Illinois, USGS Open-File Report 95-4298, (FLOPPY) I 19.42/4:95-4298/FLOPPY
- Dictionary of Mining, Mineral and Related Terms, 1996 I 1.114:D 56/996/CD
- Digital Aeromagnetic Data from the Sandoval-Santa Fe, Belen, and Cochiti Airborne Surveys, Covering Areas in Rio Arriba, Sandoval, Santa Fe, Socorro, etc., U.S. Geological Survey, Open-File Report 99-404, 1999, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:99-404
- Digital data, image files, text files describing data formats and survey procedures for aeromagnetic data collected during 1997-1998. Image files of enhanced versions of data available:
- Digital Airborne Time Domain Electromagnetic Data from Surveys over Cochiti Pueblo, etc., U.S. Geological Survey, Open-File Report 00-502, 2001, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:00-502
- Digital data, image files and text files describing data formats and survey for airborne time domain electromagnetic (TEM) data collected near Albuquerque, NM in 1997. Includes 3-D subsurface framework for predicting geologic conditions in areas less explored by drilling.
- Digital Archive-Geological Report by J.S. Newberry and Map by J.N. Macomb from the Exploring Expedition in 1859, U.S. Geological Survey, Open-File Report 00-368, Version 1.0, 2000, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:00-368
- Map and text represent the first scientific documentary of the area. Book details rigors of period exploration, remarkable paleontologic discoveries and stratigraphic observations. The shaded relief map delineates expedition route, camps, astronomical cartographic stations and routes of former expeditions.
- Digital Archive - Report upon the Colorado River of the West explored in 1857 and 1858 by Lieutenant Joseph C. Ives, etc., U.S. Geological Survey, Open-File Report 02-25, 2002, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:02-25/CD
- Includes detailed report and first geologic maps of the Lower Colorado River and Grand Canyon ever created. Many color illustrations.
- Digital Archives-Thomas M. Brown's Bighorn Basin Maps: The Suite of Forty-four Office Master Copies, U.S. Geological Survey, Open-File Report 01-306, 2001, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:01-306
- Digital images of 44 master vertebrate fossil locality maps of the Bighorn basin.
- Digital Atlas of Oklahoma, Open-File Report 97-23, April 1997, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:97-23/ARCVIEW & TRANS.
- 25 digital map set of basic statewide geographic data suitable for use with GIS software. Second disc provides only this data in transferrable formats (chiefly Digital Line Graph formats) for use with user-provided GIS software. 14 statewide datasets, 11 datasets divided by county (census block group boundaries with selected demographic data, city and major highway, land surface elevation contours, elevation points, geographic names, roads, streets and address ranges, school district boundaries, streams, rivers, lakes, public land survey system).
- Digital Bedrock Geologic Map of the Ashland and Northern Part of the Ironwood 30'x60' Quadrangles, Wisconsin and Michigan, U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 99-546, 2000, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:99-546
- Contains digital files that present information contained in paper Miscellaneous investigations series map I-2566, published by U.S. Geological Survey in 1996. ArcInfo export files, Arcview project and data suitable for export in FSDTS format. Also includes USGS base data in DLG and DRG format.
- Digital Data Sets for Depth-Duration Frequency of Precipitation for Oklahoma, U.S. Geological Survey Report 99-463, 1999, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:99-463
- Precipitation gage stations were used with at least 10 years of data, from which surfaces were interpolated and contour lines derived to produce maps for Water resources investigation report 99-4232, Depth-duration frequency ...."
- Digital Geologic and Geophysical Data of Bangladesh, U.S. Geological Survey, Open File Report 97-470H, 2001, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:97-470 H
- Digital Geologic Map of Harpers Ferry National Historical Park, U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 00-297, 2000, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:00-297
- GIS files to produce 1:24,000 scale geologic map. Includes duplicte of original OFR and images of geology for viewing and printing.
- Digital Geologic Map of Loudon County, Virginia, U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 99-150, 2000, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:99-150
- 1:50,000 scale geological databases. ArcInfo export format and shapefiles.
- Digital Geologic Map of Sherman Quadrangle, North Central Texas, U.S. Geological Survey, Open File Report 02-264, 2002, (CD-R0M) I 19.76:02-264
- Digital data sets of the surficial geology and geologic faults for the 1:250,000-scale Sherman quadrangle. Data sets in ARC/INFO coverage and interchange file formats.
- Digital Line Graph DLG Data, 1:2,000,000-Scale I 19.120:D 56/CD ???
- Digital Map Data, text, and graphical images in support of the 1995 National Assessment of United States Oil and Gas Resources. I 19.121:35
- Contains files supporting DDS-30. Includes full-text of DDS-30. DDS-36 includes tabular data, programs and same text data but none of the map data. Contains files in multiple formats for importing to word processors and mapping software packages.
- Digital Orthophoto Quadrangles (DOQ's), (Rectified aerial photographs filled as quadrants of 7.5' quadrangles), "Olmsted County" Project Minnesota, (CD-ROM) Digital Data, March 1993 I 19.120:OL 5/CD
- Digital Representation of a Map Showing the Thickness and Character of Quaternary Sediments in the Glaciated United States East of the Rocky Mountains. I 19.121:38
- Contains vector-based digital geologic maps of the surficial deposits in parts of 23 states where continental glaciation occurred during the Quaternary. Maps at 1:1,000,000 scale include the texture of the surface sediments and the total thickness of Quaternary sediments.
- Digital Sidescan Sonar Imagery of the Manches Interiores Manches Exteriores Coral Reef Complex, etc., U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 98-427, 1999, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:98-427
- Types of data are high-resolution sidescan-sonar imagery (1m/pexel), textural and biological analysis of sediment samples, bathymetry, and ship tracklines. All of these data are in Arc/INFO format. Also contains polygon coverage representing general geologic interpretation of imagery to adequately assess significance of different sources of reef stress.
- Digitized Aeromagnetic Datasets of the Conterminous United States, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico, U.S. Geological Survey, Open-File Report 99-557, 1999 (CD-ROM) I 19.76:99-557
- All available digitized magnetic files currently on record at USGS for these areas. Currently no data is available for Hawaii or Puerto Rico.
- Digitized Strong-Motion Accelerograms of North and Central American Earthquakes 1933-1986. I 19.121:7
- Contains uncorrected ground-level digital accelerograms for about 500 earthquakes, including acceleration-time histories. Also includes index files on recording station location, earthquake location and magnitude, epicentral distance, and peak acceleration.
- Distribution of Dissolved Pesticides and Other Water Quality Constituents in Small Streams, and their Relation to Land Use, in the Willamette River Basin, Oregon, 1996 I 19.42/4:97-4268
- DOQ, Digital Orthophoto Quadrangle Data (for states) I 19.124/1-51:nos.
- Scale 1:12,000 A digital orthophoto quadrangle (DOQ) is a computer-generated image of an aerial photo. It has been orthorectified--altered so that it has the geometric properties of a map; DOQ's in fact meet National Map Accuracy Standards. Thus the user can measure distances accurately on a DOQ. The standard DOQ from the U.S. Geological Survey is a black-and-white (gray-scale) or color-infrared image covering 3.75 minutes of latitude by 3.75 minutes of longitude. Thus, four such photos can be combined, or mosaicked, to cover the area represented by a standard USGS 7.5-minute, 1:24,000-scale topographic map. View and download web-compatible version of USGS DOQ's at the Terraserver website. These images have been converted to JPEG format so the sharpness and quality is not as good as the source DOQ's from which they were created.
- Draft Recovery Plan for the Bull Trout and Proposed Critical Habitat, 2002, (CD-ROM) I 49.108:B 87
- DRG, Digital Raster Graphic Data I 19.128:
- A digital raster graphic (DRG) is a scanned image of a U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) standard series topographic map, including all map collar information. Some sources of free DRGs:
- Dynamic Computer Model for the Metallogenesis and Tectonics of the Circum-North Pacific, U.S. Geological Survey, Open-File Report 01-261, Version 1.0, 2001, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:01-261
- Dynamic computer model, explanatory materials, background publications including belt maps. Quicktime/Windows Media Player required for computer model.
- Earth Science Photographs from the U.S.G.S. Library I 19.121:21/v.1-4
- Four CD-ROM set containing 1,500 scanned, public domain photographs available from the U.S. Geological Survey Photographic Library in Denver for use as a photographic glossary of introductory geological terms. Photographs taken to support USGS projects and reports over the 116 years prior to 1992.
- Economic Analysis Tools for the Minerals Industry, SP 17-95, December 1995 I 28.151:17-95/CD
- "Provides tools for analyzing the economic impact that government policies, economic conditions, and political events will have on the mineral industry. Includes the following economic-analysis tools: MSMENU/SMINSIM, PREVAL, COALVAL, PCMINSIM, PC-ADIT, the International Taxation Database, the International Mining Cost Indexation System, and the Bureau of Mines' Cost-Estimating System. A brief overview of each system and instructions for accessing the system are included."
- The Effect of Selected Cleaning Techniques on Berkshire Lee Marble: etc., U.S. Geological Survey, Professional Paper 1635, 2002, (CD-ROM) I 19.16:1635/CD
- Project report, field and lab photos, computer programs for image analysis and original lab data.
- Evaluation of the Location and Recency of Faulting Near Prospective Surface, etc., U.S. Geological Survey, USGS Open-File Report 01-55, 2001, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:01-55
- FDSN Earthquake Digital Data I 19.128/2:vol.2-5
- Digital data for earthquakes of magnitude 5.7 and greater.
- Final Comprehensive Conservation Plan and Environmental Impact Statement, Little Pend Oreille National Wildlife Refuge, Volume 1 and Volume 2, April 2000 (CD-ROM) I 49.108:L 72/V.1-2/CD
- Vol. 1: http://purl.access.gpo.gov/GPO/LPS4622
- Final Draft Environmental Impact Statement, and Habitat Conservation Plan, Disk 2, November 2002, (CD-ROM) I 49.108:H 11/2/CD/DISK 2
- For the Proposed Issuance of a Multiple Species Incidental Take Permit for the J.L. Storedahl and Sons, Inc, Daybreak Mine Expansion and Habitat Enhancement Project, East Fork Lewis River, Clark County, WA. See also I 49.108:W 27/2/CD
- Fischer Assays of Oil-Shale Drill Cores and Rotary Cuttings from the Piceance Creek Basin, Colorado, Version 1, U.S. Geological Survey, Open-File Report 98-483, 1998, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:98-483
- Contains 737 sets of Fischer assays of drill cores and cuttings from boreholes drilled in oil-shale deposits of Eocene Green River Formation in Piceance Creek Basin, NW Colorado. This database is part of larger collection of Fischer assays from Green River oil-shale deposits in Utah, Wyoming, and Colorado.
- Flood Deposits of Transported Mill Tailings in Nevada and Utah: etc., U.S. Geological Survey, Open-File Report 02-431, 2002, (CD-ROM)
- Includes PDF report with photos and map figures.
- Fossil Mammals of the Middle Rio Grande- Annotated Dataset and Bibliography of New Mexico Vertebrate Paleontology, U.S. Geological Survey, Open-File Report 01-023, 2001, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:01-023
- Also includes digital images and text of several important early landmark publications from the Pacific Railroad Survey, Hayden Survey and Wheeler Survey. Also includes fossil plates, sketches, historical documents, and a new phylogenic chart of North American camels.
- Gamma-ray Magnetic and Topographic Data for Parts of the Colorado Front Range, U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 00-331, 2001, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:00-331
- Includes 32-bit Windows software for display of images (enlarge, overlay information such as county boundaries and geology)
- GCIP Reference Data Set (GREDS), Open-File Report 94-388 I 19.76:94-388/CD
- Data sets include: locations and periods of record for stream gages, reservoir gages, and meteorological stations; a 500-meter-resolution DEM; grid-node locations for Eta numerical weather prediction model; and digital map data sets of: geology, land use, streams, large reservoirs, average annual runoff, precipitation, temperature, heating and cooling degree days; hydrologic units and state and county boundaries; and digital index maps for: LANDSAT scenes, USGS 1:250,000, 1:100,000 and 1:24,000-scale map series; and a listing of Hydro-Climatic Data Network stream gages.
- General Land Office Automated Records Project, Pre-1908 Homestead & Cash Entry Patents I 53.57:
- Alabama, Arkansas (Release 1,2), Florida (Release 1,2), Louisiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Ohio, Wisconsin. Contains land patents from the Bureau of Land Management. Documents may be searched by patentee name, document number, document authority, land office, or legal description.
- Generalized Water-Table and Water-Level Data at the U.S. Air Force Plant 42 and Vicinity, Palmdale, California, March-April 1997, U.S. Geological Survey Water-Resources Investigations Report 99-4262, 1999 (CD-ROM) I 19.42/4:99-4262/CD
- Map and tables describing the water-level and water-table in and near the USAF Plant 42 near Palmdale, California, in 1997.
- Geochemical Data for Environmental Studies of Mercury Mines in Nevada, U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 99-576, Version 1.0 1999 (CD-ROM) I 19.76:99-576/VER.1.0
- Contains data from a 1999 environmental study to determine if weathering of abandoned mercury mines in Nevada has resulted in any significant effect to surrounding ecosystems. Includes report describing geology of region, samples collected, analytical methods and geochemical data, figures showing study area and sample site localities, geochemical data for samples collected in this study.
- Geochemical Data for Environmental Studies of Mineral Deposits at Nabesna, Kennecott, Orange Hill, Bond Creek, etc., U.S. Geological Survey, Open-File Report 99-342, 1999, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:99-342
- Contains a report describing the geology, types of samples, collection and preparation procedures, analytical techniques, and description of the data files and seven fiqures showing the study area and sample site locations. The data files are in Microsoft Access 97 format and as Lotus 1-2-3 worksheet .wkl files.
- Geochemical Data for Stream Sediment and Surface Water Samples from Panther Creek, etc., U.S. Geological Survey, Open-File Report 03-152, 2003 I 19.76:03-152
- A pre- and post-wildfire geochemical study of Salmon-Challis National Forest.
- Geochemical Studies of Mines, Dumps, and Tailings as Sources of Contamination, Upper Animas River Watershed, Colorado, U.S. Geological Survey, Open-File Report 00-104, 2000, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:00-104
- Descriptions and photos of mines, waste dumps, mills, mill tailings and interim interpretations of their significance as sources of acid and metals. Includex Open-File Reports 99-170 and 99-323 that describe and rank mine sites on public lands administered by USFS and BLM.
- Geographic Information System Analysis of Topographic Change in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, etc., U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 00-224, 2000, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:00-224
- Contains OFR 00-224, USGS Fact Sheet FS-117-00 and GIS files required to produce 1:24,000 scale map databases of geology and topographic changes. ArcInfo and Arcview shapefiles.
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Compilation of Geophysical, Geologic, and Tectonic Data for the Circum-North Pacific, U.S. Geological Survey, Open-File Report 99-422, Version 1.0, 1999, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:99-422/VER.1.0
- Contains compilation of geophysical, geologic, and tectonic data for the Russian Far East, Alaska, Canadian Cordillera, and adjacent offshore areas.
- Geographic Names Information System Digital Gazetteer GNIS, U.S. Geological Survey, July 1999, (CD-ROM) I 19.16/2:G 25
- Geologic and Geophysical Characterization Studies of Yucca Mountain, Nevada, A Potential High-Level Radioactive-Waste Repository I 19.121:58/Ver.1
- Results of 13 of the many studies that were undertaken to foster a fuller understanding of the tectonic environment of Yucca Mountain.
- Geologic Assessment of Coal in the Colorado Plateau: Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico, and Utah, U.S. Geological Survey, Professional Paper 1625-B, Discs 1 and 2, Version 1.0, 2000, (CD-ROM) I 19.16:1625-B/DISCS 1-2/CD
- Contains a geologic assessment of coal deposits of the Colorado Plateau region and new resource estimates for selected assessment units within the Colorado Plateau. Includes information on the location, distribution, and quality of these coal resources. Contains ArcView Data Publisher for use with data on CD-ROM only.
- Geologic Map of Cades Cove and Calderwood Quadrangles, Tennessee and North Carolina, Great Smoky Mountains National Park, U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 99-175, 2000, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:99-175
- Tour of Cades Cove and GIS layers to produce 1:24,000 geologic map of area. Datafiles in ArcInfo export format.
- Geologic Map Database of the Washington DC Area featuring data from three 30 X 60 Minute Quadrangles: etc., U.S. Geological Survey Open File Report OFR 01-277, 2002, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:01-227
- Combination of GIS layers and 2 MS Access databases with attribute data.
- Geologic Map of Central (Interior) Alaska, U.S. Geological Survey, Open-File Report 98-133-A, December 1998, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:98-133-A
- Map and associated digital databases compiled from published map sheets of central interior Alaska. Encompasses 25 1:250,000-scale quadrangles in central Alaska (approx. 416,000 km2, or 134,000 mi2). Also contains publications: Bouguer gravity map of Interior Alaska / John F. Meyer, Jr. et al.; and, Merged aeromagnetic map of Interior Alaska / John F. Meyer, Jr. & R.W. Saltus.
- Geologic Map of the Ontonagon and part of the Wakefield 30' X 60' Quadrangles, Michigan - A Digital Representation of Map I-2499 (1995), U.S. Geological Survey, U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 01-88, 2001, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:01-88
- Digital representation of print map released as USGS Misc. Invesitgation Series Map I-2499 (1995). Formats are ArcExport, ArcView shapefiles, data for export in SDTS.
- Geologic Map of the Potomac River Gorge: Great Falls Park, etc., U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 00-264, 2000, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:00-264
- Web site and PDF file to produce 1:10,000 scale map.
- Geologic Studies of Deep Natural Gas Resources, USGS Digital Data Series DDS-67, Version 1.00, 2001, (CD-ROM) I 19.121:67
- Report summarizes major conclusions of ongoing USGS work on deep gas resources. Discusses the undiscovered technically recoverable natural gas in plays deeper than 15,000 feet in onshore regions of the U.S. Also includes a a chapter on the potential for deep gas in the former Soviet Union.
- Geological and Geophysical Study of the Gold-Silver Vein System of Unga Island, Southwestern Alaska, U.S. Geological Survey, Open-File Report 99-136, Version 1.3, 1999, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:99-136
- Core of publication is new geologic map at scale of 1:63,360 and aeromagnetic and electromagnetic survey data acquired by industry over area of mineralization. Goal is deciphering the relations among volcanism, tectonism, and mineralization.
- Geological map of the sea floor in Western Massachusetts Bay, constructed from digital sidescan-sonar images, photography, and sediment samples. I 19.121:3
- Results of a detailed geological study of the sea floor in western Massachusetts Bay, which were used to evaluate the area around the proposed outfall for Boston's treated sewage effluent. Data include bathymetry, sidescan-sonar images, color photographs, textual information, and an interpretive geologic map.
- Geology and Mineral and Energy Resources, Roswell Resource Area, New Mexico- An Interactive Computer Presentation. I 19.121:17
- Geology and Mineral Deposits of the Keweenaw Peninsula, Michigan, U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 99-149, 1999, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:99-149
- Data consists of images and geographic information systems (GIS) coverages and tabular data on the geology, structure, mines, mineral deposits, hydrography, and transportation networks of the Keweenaw Peninsula and vicinity, Michigan.
- Geology and Mineral Resource Assessment of the Venezuelan Guayana Shield at 1:500,000 Scale-A Digital Representation of Maps Published by the USGS. I 19.121:46
- "Contains vector-based digital maps of Venezuela[n] Guayana Shield originally published as paper maps in 1993 USGS Bulletin 93-2062." Data layers: geology and faults, favorable domains for selected deposit types, mineral deposits.
- Geology and Resource Assessment of Costa Rica at 1:500000 Scale--A Digital Representation of Maps of the U.S. Geological Survey's 1987 Folio I-1865. I 19.121:19
- Release 1, 2. Digital versions of geology and resource assessment maps originally published in 1987. 7 layers are available: geology and faults; gold mining area geology; favorable domains for selected deposit types; Bouguer gravity contours and lineaments; isostatic gravity contours; mineral deposits, prospects, and occurrences; and rock geochemistry sample points.
- Title Geology, Geochemistry, and Geophysics of Sedimentary Rock-Hosted Gold Deposits in P.R. China, U.S. Geological Survey, Open-File Report 02-131, 2002, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:02-131
- Reports, scanned aeromagnetic and gravity geophysical maps of South and Central China, geochemical analysis of ore samples from the deposits visited.
- Geology of Nevada: A Digital Representation of the 1978 Geological Map of Nevada. I 19.121:2
- A digital represention of the 1978 Geologic map of Nevada. Data sets are in 3 formats: ASCII (nearly 10 megabytes), USGS Digital Line Graph-3 (DLG) Optional (25 megabytes), and Environmental Systems Research Institute's ARC/INFO version 5.0.1 EXPORT (37 megabytes).
- Geology of the Chesapeake and Ohio Canal National Historical Park and Potomac River Corridor, etc., U.S. Geological Survey, Open-File Report 01-188, Disc 1&2, 2001, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:01-188/DISC.1-2
- Disc 1: geologic map and cross-section (PDF) and geologic map data in ArcInfo export. Scale 1:24,000. Disc 2: Report and figures.
- Geology of the Conterminous United States at 1:2,5000,000 Scale--A Digital Representation of the 1974 P.B. King and H.M. Beikman Map. I 19.121:11/
- Contains digital version of map compiled in 1974. Also contains Professional Paper 901 by the same authors descibing the comilation of the map. First and second release contain files in different formats. 1992: Data provided in the U.S. Geological Survey Mapper for DOS, ARC/INFO version 6.1.1 Export, Digital Line Graph (DLG) Optional, Map Overlay Statistical System (MOSS), and Drawing Exchange File (DXF) formats. 1998: ArcView project, geologic maps and ayers in Abicas for DOS/Windows and Abicas browser included.
- Geology of the Mount Le Conte 7.5-Minute Quadrangle, Great Smoky Mountains National Park, Tennessee and North Carolina, U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 00-261, 2000, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:00-261
- Web site and GIS files to produce 1:24,000 scale geologic map database of Mt. Le Conte. ArcInfo and Arcview shapefiles
- Geology, Geochemistry, Geophysics, Mineral Occurrences, and Mineral Resources Assessment for the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, U.S. Geological Survey, Open-File Report 98-38, 2001, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:98-38
- Compilation of decades of mineral investigations and studies. Scale for data layers varies from 1:100,000 to 1:200,000. Includes mineral rsource assessment and scientific evidence on which assessment is based and topical studies.
- Geology, Mineral and Energy Resources Mimbres Resource Area, New Mexico, Open-File Report 97-521, 1997, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:97-521
- Describes geology, mineral and energy resources and mining history of Mimbres Resource Area. Also includes estimates for certain mineral resources. ARC/INFO coverages also included.
- GIS Surface Effects Archive of Underground Nuclear Detonations Contucted at Yucca Flat and Pahute Mesa, Nevada Test Site, Nevada, U.S. Geological Survey, Open-File Report 01-272, 2001 I 19.76:01-272
- This report presents a new comprehensive,digital archive of more than 40 years of geologic surface effects maps produced at individual detonation sites throughout the Yucca Flat and Pahute Mesa nuclear testing areas of the Nevada Test Site,Nye County,Nevada.The Geographic Information System (GIS)surface effects map archive on CD-ROM (this report) comprehensively documents the surface effects of underground nuclear detonations conducted at two of the most extensively used testing areas of the Nevada Test Site.
- Global Geoscience Transect 8: Quebec-Maine-Gulf of Maine Transect, Southeastern Canada, Northern U.S.A. I 19.121:44
- Contains digital data used to vreate Misc. Investigations Series Map I-2329.
- Global GIS Database: Digital Atlas of Africa, U.S. Geological Survey, Digital DATA Series DDS-62-B, 2001, (CD-ROM) I 19.121:62-B
Global GIS Database: Digital Atlas of Central and South America, U.S. Geological Survey, Digital Data Series DDS-62-A, 2000, (CD-ROM) I 19.121:62-A
Global GIS Database: Digital Atlas of South Asia, U.S. Geological Survey, Digital Series DDS-62-C, 2001, (CD-ROM) I 19.121:62-C
Global GIS Database: Digital Atlas of South Pacific, U.S. Geological Survey, Digital Data Series DDS-62-D, 2001, (CD-ROM) I 19.121:62-D
- Includes ArcView Data Publisher. Nominal scale 1:1 million. Includes customized ArcView tools. Datasets included: country political boundaries, digital shaded relief map, elevation, slope, hydrology, cities/towns, airfields, roads, railroads, utility lines, population density, geology, ecological regions, historical seismicity, volcanoes, ore deposits, oil and gas fields, climate data, landcover, vegetation index, lights at night.
- GNIS: Geographic Names Information System: Digital Gazetteer, (CD-ROM) I 19.120:G 25/yr/CD
- Biennial. Database for feature names authorized by U.S. Board on Geographic Names; includes information on place names, features, and areas in the 50 states, District of Columbia, and territories and outlying areas of the United States. Most current version on the Internet.
- Gravity Data of Nevada. I 19.121:42
- Includes gravity data for entire state of Nevada and adjacent parts of California, Utah, and Arizona. About 80,000 gravity stations were compiled primarily from National Geophysical Data Center and U.S. Geological Survey. Gravity data were reduced to Geodetic Reference System of 1967 and adjusted to Gravity Standardization Net 1971 gravity datum. Data were processed to complete Bouguer and isostatic gravity anomalies by applying standard gravity corrections.
- Great Basin Geoscience Data Base. I 19.121:41
- Seventy-three digital GIS (Geographic Information Systems) data sets for the Great Basin presented in Federal Data Exchange, ESRI PC ARCVIEW1, and ESRI ARC/INFO formats. Covers Nevada, eastern California, southeastern Oregon, southern Idaho, and western Utah. Includes topographical, geochemical, geophysical, and thematic data sets.
- Gulf of Mexico GLORIA sidescan sonar Geologic Interpretation: ArcView Data Coverages, United Sates Geological Survey Open-File Report 00-019, 2000, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:00-019
- Contains copies of the 250 m resolution GLORIA sidescan sonar mosaic for the Gulf of Mexico and it's geologic interpretation. Geologic interpretation is archived in ArcView shapefile format; GLORIA sidescan sonar mosaics are available as a 250m overview georeferenced TIF image. The vector data consist of line information (bathymetry contour lines), point data (Gulf of Mexico features names), and polygon coverages of the geologic interpretion.
- Hawaii Beach Monitoring Program: Beach Profile Data, U.S. Geological Survey, Open-File Report 01-308, Version 1.0, 2001 I 19.76:01-308
- "The overall goals of this study are to document the coastal erosion history in Hawaii, determine the causal factors of that erosion, provide high-quality data for other "end-users" in applied studies (i.e. coastal engineers, planners, and managers), and increase our general understanding of low-latitude coastal geologic development." Interactive CD-ROM contains cross-shore beach profile data, location maps and detailed site descriptions from 36 Maui and 42 Oahu beaches. Profile data and descriptions in Excel and .csv format.
- HAZPAC, An Interactive Map of Pacific Rim Natural Hazards, Population, and Infrastructure, U.S. Geological Survey, Digital Data Series DDS-76, 2002, (CD-ROM) I 19.121:76
- Designed to help users visualize the socioeconomic connections and shared vulnerabilities of communities in the region. Displays variety of environmental, social and economic factors that connect natural hazards to social and economic globalization. Designed for GIS experts and novices with different versions of HAZPAC and user guides and tutorials for each project. Versions: ArcExplorer, Arcview (Spatial Analyst and non-Spatial Analyst versions), Arcview vector data in ArcInfo export files.
- Helicopter Electromagnetic Data from Everglades National Park and Surrounding Areas, Florida: Collected 9-14 December 1994, U.S. Geological Survey, Open-File Report 02-101, 2002, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:02-101
- Report describes helicopter electromagnetic data collected to map saltware intrusion. Original DIGHEM data set and data set corrected to remove calibration errors included. Report includes contractor's original report and USGS data correction procedure. Data also provided as ASCII flight-line data (.xyz) and ASCII Geosoft grid exchange format (.gxf). JPEG and PDF versions of apparent resistivity maps also.
- Hierarchical Systems Analysis in Karst Terrains: Part A & B, etc., U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 00-429, 2000, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:00-429/CD
- Pt. A. Approaches and applications to environmental characterization / by Kenneth E. Kolm and William H. Langer -- pt. B. Analysis of environmental impacts of aggregate mining / by William H. Langer and Kenneth E. Kolm. Abstracts of and illustrations used during 2 PowerPoint presentations. Text of oral presentations are not included. Presentations made at NATO Advanced Research Eorkshop on Sustainable Mineral Resource Management in Karst Areas, Sept 26- Oct 1, 2000.
- High-Resolution Marine Geologic Maps Showing Sediment Distribution on the Insular Shelf off Luquillo, Puerto Rico, U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 98-204, 1999, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:98-204
- Data includes high-resolution sidescan-sonar imagery, textural analyses of sediment samples, bathymetry and ship tracklines in ARC/INFO format. Also includes coverages of Pleistocene structure and Holocene-aged sediment thickness.
- Hydro-Climatic Data Network, (HNDN), Streamflow Data Set, 1874-1988, 1993 (CD-ROM) I 19.42/2:93-4076/CD
- Streamflow data from 1659 sites in United States and its territories. Data selected as least affected by human influences.
- Hydrogeochemical Investigation of Historic Mining Districts, etc., U.S. Geological Survey, USGS Digital Data Series DDS-73, 2002, (CD-ROM) I 19.121:73
- Report in PDF format. Data in Excel and CSV formats.
- Images of Kilauea East Rift Zone Eruption, 1983-1993. I 19.121:24
- Contains 475 scanned photographs from the USGS Hawaii Observatory Library. Image sizes range from 700 Kb to 1.5 Mb and are stored in a PCX format.
- Indices to U.S. Bureau of Mines Mineral Resources Records, Special Publication 96-2 I 28.151:96-2/CD
- "Prepared by the U.S. Bureau of Mines with help from the U.S. Geological Survey, this disc provides indices to the Mineral Property Files and related mineral resources records of the U.S. Bureau of Mines (USBM), Minerals Information and Analysis programs. Most of these files and records were transferred to the National Archives and Federal Records Center in Denver, Colorado, upon closure of the Bureau in 1996. Information is also provided about the disposition of other electronic and hard-copy records that were included in the functional transfers of some USBM programs to other federal agencies. For the convenience of users of the indices, a complete copy of USBM Special Publication 12-95, 'U.S. Bureau of Mines MAS/MILS CD-ROM' is included in this CD-ROM."
- Interactive Display of Geologic Features and Hazards of the Mono Basin-Long Valley Region California, Open-File Report 97-458, U.S. Geological Survey, 1998, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:97-458
- Mac only. Includes photos and descriptions of regional features, simplified geologic and seismicity maps, illustrations of volcano hazards and USGS monitoring efforts, computer animations and a short quiz.
- Java programs for using Newmark's method and simplified decoupled analysis to model slope performance during earthquakes, U.S. Geological Survey, Open-File Report 03-005, 2003, (CD-ROM)
- Also includes 2160 strong-motion records from 29 earthquakes.
- Java programs for using Newmark's method to model slope performance during earthquakes, U.S. Geological Survey, Open-File Report 02-201, 2002, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:02-201
- Supersedes Open-File Report 02-201.
- Land Cover Data for Central Nebraska, 1991, and 1993, Classified From Landsat-5 Thematic Mapper Imagery, U.S, Geological Survey Open-File Reports 96-323 and 96-369, 2000, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:96-323&96-369
- Lake Pontchartrain Basin: Bottom Sediments and Related Environmental Resources, U. S. Geological Survey Professional Paper 1634, 2002, (CD-ROM) I 19.16:1634/CD
- Includes: historical information on the area, shipboard, field and remote sensing studies, a comprehensive sediment database with geological and chemical discussions of the region, GIS tools and data, video demostrating vibracore sampling techniques in Lake Pontchartrain, and abstracts from four Basics of the Basin symposia.Includes ArcExplorer and a customized version of LandView IV containing all data from the state of Louisiana, plus the sediment database of the current Lake Pontchartrain Basin study in a FileMaker Pro (Version 5.5) relational database format, ArcView and MapInfo project files.
- Landstat MSS Data Catalog, July 1996, (CD-ROM) I 19.120:L 23/CD
- Metadata for MSS data from July 1972-October 1992. Contains Landsat images of the earth's surface obtained from 1972-1992. Two types of image data are offered: 1) Fully processed image data with both geometric and radiometric corrections applied, and 2) Partially processed data with only radiometric corrections applied.
- Lithochronologic Units and Mineral Deposits of the Appalachian Orogen from Main to Alabama, U.S. Geological Survey, U.S. Geological Survey, Open-File Report 01-136, 2001, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:01-136
- Files illustrating the lithologic nature of the rocks for the mineral deposits database for the Appalachians. Files in: Arc export, ArcView shape files and related ArcView project file and SDTS format.
- Lithogeochemical Character of the Near-Surface Bedrock in the Connecticut, Housatonic, and Thames River Basins, U.S. Geological Survey, Water-Resources Investigations Report 99-4000, (CD-ROM) I 19.42/4:99-4000/CD
- This study, part of NAWQA Program, is of one of 59 units of the nation's most important basins and aquifer systems which will help support development and evaluation of management, regulatory and monitoring decisions by Federal and local agencies to protect and enhance water resources. Lithogeochemical data layer is provided as an ARC/INFO data layer with metadata, as a spatial data transfer format file and an ARCVIEW shapefile. Maps in PDF and EPS formats also provided.
- Livengood GeoExplorer: An Interactive Geologic Database on CD-ROM, Livengood Quadrangle, Alaska, Open-File Report 97-484-E, Revision, March 1999, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:97-484-E
- PDF, EPS, ARC/INFO and shapefile data.
- Long Valley Coring Project, 1998-Preliminary Stratigraphy and Images of Recovered Core, U.S. Geological Survey, Open-File Report 99-158, 1999, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:99-158
- Phase III of the Long Valley Exploratory Well includes a preliminary stratigraphic column and a general description of well lithology. Also includes high-resolution digital photographs of every core box (10 feet per box) as well as scanned images of pieces of recovered core and compressed, "unrolled" images of the individual core pieces (core scans).
- Magnetotelluric and Audiomagnetotelluric Data Collected in Alaska by the U.S. Geological Survey, 1985-1992, Open-File Report 01-053, Version 1.0, 2001, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:01-053
- Data organized by 1:250,000-scale quadrangles.
- Main Shock and Aftershock Records of the 1999 Izmit and Duzce, Turkey Earthquakes, U.S. Geological Survey, Open-File Report 01-163, Version 1.0, 2001, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:01-163
- Ground-motion data from the two main events and aftershocks.
- Map Showing Geology, Oil and Gas Fields, and Geologic Provinces of Europe including Turkey, U.S. Geological Survey, Open-File Report 97-470-I, 2003, (CD-ROM)
- Map Showing Geology, Oil and Gas Fields, and Geologic Provinces of Iran, Version 1.0, U.S. Geological Survey, Open File Report, 97-470-G, 1999, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:97-470-G/
- Map Showing Geology, Oil and Gas Fields, and Geologic Provinces of South Asia, Open File Report 97-470C, 1998, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:97-470 C
- Map Showing Geology, Oil and Gas Fields, and Geologic Provinces of South Asia, U.S. Geological Survey, Open File Report 97-470C, Version 2, 1999, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:97-470 C/VER.2
- A digital map including geology, geologic provinces, and oil and gas fields of the Asian continent. Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka are represented on this map.
- Map Showing Geology, Oil and Gas Fields, and Geologic Provinces of the Arabian Peninsula, Open File Report 97-470B, 1998, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:97-470 B
- Map Showing Geology, Oil and Gas Fields, and Geologic Provinces of the Arabian Peninsula, U.S. Geological Survey, Open-File Report 97-470B, Version 2, 1999, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:97-470 B/VER.2
- A digital map including geology, geologic provinces, oil and gas fields of the Arabian Peninsula. The Arabian Peninsula, and parts of Iraq, Jordan, Syria, Israel, and Lebanon are represented on this map.
- Map Showing Geology, Oil and Gas Fields, and Geologic Provinces of the Former Soviet Union, U.S. Geological Survey, Open File Report 97-470E, 1998, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:97-470 E
- Maps Showing Geology, Oil and Gas Fields and Geological Provinces of Africa, Open File Report 97-470A, 1997, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:97-470 A
- A digital map including geology, geologic provinces, and oil and gas fields of the African continent. Sub-Saharan Africa and North Africa are represented on this map.
- Maps Showing Geology, Oil and Gas Fields, and Geologic Provinces of South America, U.S. Geological Survey, Open File Report 97-470D, 1999, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:97-470 D
- Maps Showing Geology, Oil and Gas Fields, and Geologic Provinces of the Asia Pacific Region, U.S. Geological Survey, Open File Report 97-470F, 1999, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:97-470 F
- Missing. Digital maps include geology, geologic provinces, and oil and gas fields of the Asia Pacific Region. Maps represent Australia, Brunei, Cambodia, China, Fiji, Indonesia, Japan, North and South Korea, Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Samoa, Singapore, Solomon Islands, Thailand, Tonga, Vanuatu, and Vietnam.
- Maps Showing Sea Floor Topography, Sun-Illuminated Sea Floor Topography, etc., U.S. Geological Survey Investigations Series Map I-2698, 2002, (CD-ROM) I 19.91:I-2698/CD
- Measurement of Stream Discharge by Wading, U.S. Geological Survey, Water-Resources Investigations Report 00-4036, (CD-ROM) I 19.42/4:00-4036/CD
- Training CD-ROM. Describes how stream discharge should be measured when wading and using the velocity-area method. Version 1.1 includes test.
- Measuring & Monitoring Plant Populations, (CD-ROM), I 53.58:M 46
- "This technical reference applies to monitoring situations involving a single plant species, such as an indicator species, key species, or weed. It was originally developed for monitoring special status plants, which have some recognized status at the Federal, State, or agency level because of their rarity or vulnerability."
- Mineral Economy of Brazil. I 19.121:53
- English and Portuguese versions of a cooperative report on Brazilian government structure, mineral legislation and investment policy, taxation, foreign investment policies, environmental laws and regulations, and conditions in which mineral industry operates. Portuguese version was scanned from Economia Mineral do Brasil published in 1995 by Departamento Nacional de Produção Mineral as volume 8 of Estudos de Politíca e Economica Mineral series.
- Mineral Resources Data System, Release 1. I 19.121:20
- Minerals and Materials Information (CD-ROM) I 19.120/4:yr/issue
- Latest edition only. Contains: 1993-present Minerals Yearbook, Mineral Industry Surveys (monthly/quarterly most current), 1995-present Minerals Commodity Summaries, 1970-1990 Statistical Compendium, other USGS publications. Most also available in print on on Internet.
- Mississippi River Shallow Seismic Survey, Disc 1 of 3, 1997, (CD-ROM) I 19.120:M 69/DISC 1-3
- Contains seismic reflection data collected along the Mississippi River in 1981 as a small boat traveled from Osceola, Arkansas, to Wickliffe, Kentucky, an area that transverses the New Madrid Seismic Zone.
- Modern Average Global Sea-Surface Temperature. I 19.121:10
- A database of monthly and weekly averages of sea-surface temperature for the modern world ocean, collected by satellites between October 1981 and December 1990 and gridded by latitude and longitude, accompanied by ETOPO5 global gridded elevation and bathymetry data.
- Montana Geoenvironmental Explorer, U.S. Geological Survey, USGS Digital Data Series DDS-65, Version 1.0, 2000, (CD-ROM) I 19.121:65
- Result of multidisciplinary modeling effort to assess the relative potential for acidic, metal-rich drainage in Montana. Includes PDF maps, raster and vector data in various formats, metadata and Mapsheets Express software.
- Monthly average Polar Sea-Ice concentration. I 19.121:27
- Data depicts monthly averages of sea-ice concentration in modern polar oceans. Averages were derived from Scanning Multichannel Microwave Radiometer and Special Sensor Microwave/Imager instruments aboard satellites of U.S. Air Force Defense Meteorological Satellite Program from 1978 through 1992. Data are provided as 8-bit images using Hierarchical Data Format developed by National Center for Supercomputing Applications.
- Multi-Species Recovery Plan for the Treatened and Endangered Species of South Florida, Technical/Agency Draft, Volume 1, The Species, March 1998, (CD-ROM) I 49.108:SP 3/V.1-2
- National Assessment of United States Oil and Gas Resources--Results, Methodology, and Supporting Data, 1995+ . I 19.121:30
- Release 1: Report summarizes results of 3-year study of oil and gas resources of onshore and state waters of the United States. Release 2: Report summarizes results of 3-year study of oil and gas resources of onshore and state waters of U.S. by U.S. Geological Survey, including corrections to original version of DDS-30 published 1995. Includes text, diagrams, maps, and tables.
- National Coal Resource Assessment Non-Proprietary Data: Location, Stratigraphy, and Coal Quality, etc., U.S. Geological Survey Open File Report 99-376, 1999, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:99-376/CD
- Non-proprietary data from more than 18,000 oil and gas wells, coal drill holes, and outcrop measured sections collected from the Powder River, Williston, Hanna, Carbon, and Greater Green River basins.
- National Coal Resource Assessment, 1999 Resource Assessment of Selected Tertiary Coal Beds and Zones in the Northern Rocky Mountains and Great Plains Region, Professional Paper 1625-A, Discs 1 and 2, Version 1.1, 1999, (CD-ROM) I 19.16:1625-A/DISCS.1-2/CD
- Disc 1 contains the results of the assessment and chapters on coal geology, occurrence, distribution, quantity and quality with maps, cross sections, illustrations, photographs, and land ownership maps. Disc 2 contains interactive GIS files of land use, ownership, geology, maps, and cross sections.
- National energy research seismic library--Powder River Basin, Montana--Wyoming I 19.121:32
- Contains both raw and processed seismic data recorded during period 1975-1978 by several geophysical service companies under contract to USGS for Powder River Basin of Montana and Wyoming. Four multichannel Vibroseis seismic lines, six Vertical Seismic Profiles, and associated support material (observer's notes, X-Y coordinates, elevations of source and receivers, etc.) are included. Raw (unprocessed) field data and a processed version (reprocessed by USGS in 1995) are contained in standard SEG-Y format files; support material are in ASCII format text files.
- National energy research seismic library-processed seismic data for 29 lines in the National Petroleum Reserve in Alaska. I 19.121:5
- Contains final stack seismic data collected in the National Petroleum Reserve in Alaska between 1974 and 1980, as well as other supporting seismic data and information on wells drilled in the region between 1944 and 1981. Seismic data, velocity graphs, and location map images may be displayed on the user's terminal.
- National Fish Strain Registry - Catfish I 49.2:C 28/3/CD
- A comprehensive database on breeding history, life history, disease resistance, stress tolerance, habitat preference, hatchery performance, and field performance for a range of catfish broodstocks and strains of species managed and cultured in the United States.
- National Fish Strain Registry - Paddlefish and Sturgeon I 49.6/2:F 52/9/pack
- National Fish Strain Registry - Trout I 49.6/2:F 52/8/pack.
- A comprehensive database on breeding history, life history, disease resistance, stress tolerance, habitat preference, hatchery performance, and field performance for a range of trout broodstocks and strains of species managed and cultured in the United States.
- National Geochemical Atlas: The Geochemical Landscape of the Conterminous United States Derived from Stream Sediment and other Solid Sample, etc., U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 98-622, 1998, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:98-622
- Focuses on solid sample media from conterminous United States with data limited to 11 elements: Na, Ti, Fe, Cu, Zn, As, Ce, Hf, Pb, Th, and U. Contains NURE (National Uranium Resource Evaluation) Hydrogeochemical and Stream Sediment Reconnaissance (HSSR) program data in multiple presentations, ranging from color-coded point maps, to gridded-images on a national scale, to colored maps based on geologic and hydrologic units.
- National Geochemical Data Base, National Uranium Resource Evaluation Data for the Conterminous United States. I 19.121:18A-B
- A: Supersedes DDS-1, National Geochemical database released in 1991. Provides access to geochemical data from conterminous United States. B: Explorative geochemical data for over 860,000 samples from 104 quadrangles (1 degree x 2-3 degrees) in Alaska and 319 quadrangles (1 degree x 2 degrees) in conterminous United States collected during NURE HSSR program. Data represent four predominant sample types: stream sediment, soil, surface water, and ground water. Each sample was analyzed for uranium and for as many as 58 other elements plus sulfate. GSSEARCH and MAPPER search and display software are included on disc.
- National Geochemical Data Base: National Uranium Resource Evaluation Data for the Conterminous Western United States, 1991, (CD-ROM) I 19.121:1
- Data collected during the Hydrogeochemical and Stream Sediment Reconnaissance (HSSR) survey of the National Uranium Resource Evaluation program. Samples from 153 quadrangles (10 by 20) collected in 1976-80; 4 main sample types represented: stream sediments, soils, surface water, and ground water, with each sample analysed for unranium and as many as 58 other elements. Provides access to geochemical data for the conterminous western United States. Using the GSSearch access software contained on the CD-ROM disk, users can retrieve the data by specifying sample type, state, quadrangle, latitude and longitude, element concentration range, or combinations of these and other criteria. Data may be output to the user's system in several different formats for data analysis.
- National Geochemical Data Base: Pluto Geochemical Data Base for the United States. I 19.121:47
- Database contains inorganic geochemical data obtained by analytical laboratories of Geologic Division of USGS for the U.S. in support of USGS programs requiring such data.
- National Geophysical Data Grids: Gamma-Ray, Gravity, Magnetic, and Topographic Data for the Conterminous U.S. I 19.121:9
- A package including gridded gamma-ray, gravity, magnetic, and topographic data for the conterminous United States with display software that allows the user to view data in image format and to overlay geology and state and county boundaries and U.S. Geological Survey software for analyzing and processing potential-field geophysical data.
- National Petroleum Reserve--Alaska (NPRA) Core Images and Well Data, U.S. Geological Survey Digital DATA Series DDS-75, 2002, Disc 1 - 4, (CD-ROM) I 19.121:75/DISC.1-4
- Includes GIS of public domain cores, interactive core photographs, porosity and premeability data and plots for the National Petroleum Reserve, Subsurface oil and gas indications in and adjacent to the Reserve and a digital archive of core photos.
- National Survey of Fishing, Hunting and Wildlife-Associated Recreation I 49.98/4:yr
- 1991, 1996. CD-ROMs include data in ASCII and SAS formats.
- Natural Geochronological and Natural Radioelement Data Bases I 19.121:14
- The NGDB contains more than 30,000 individual published ages of rocks and minerals in the United States; while the NRDB contains analyses of the natural radioelements from more than 8500 whole rocks.
- Nisqually National Wildlife Refuge, Draft Comprehensive Conservation Plan and Environmental Impact Statement, December 2002, (CD-ROM) I 49.108:N 63/CD
- Non-Zero Offset Vertical Seismic Profile Data Recorded Using a Downhole Marine Airgun Source and Vertical-and Horizontal, etc., U.S. Geological Survey, Open-File Report 98-591, 1999, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:98-591
- Contains unprocessed data set for two Vertical Seismic Profiles recorded 18 miles west of Blanding County, Utah July 5-10, 1981.
- North America Banding Council, Promoting Sound and Ethical Banding Principles and Techniques, Banders' Study Guide, etc., June 2001, (CD-ROM) I 19.15/3:B 22
- Publications and guides on bird banding. Organization web site.
- Occurrence of Invertebrates at 38 Stream Sites in the Mississippi Embayment Study Unit, 1996-99, U.S. Geological Survey, Open-File Report 02-190, 2002, (CD-ROM)
- Oculina Bank Sidescan Sonar and Sediment Data from a Deep-Water Coral Reef Habitat off East-Central Florida, U.S. Geological Survey Open File Report 99-10, 1999 I 19.76:99-10
- Includes digital mosaics of sidescan sonar data, tabulated sediment data, and interpretative maps of seafloor geology of Experimental Oculina Research Reserve (EORR), located along shelf edge off east-central Florida.
- Oil and Gas Plays (1995), Federal Lands, and Land Use-Land Cover of the Onshore Gulf Coast Region of the United States, U.S. Geological Survey, Open File Report, 99-558, Version 1.0, 1999, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:99-558/VER.1.0
- Allows user to construct maps of Gulf Coast Region using several data sets such as oil and gas plays, degree of exploration within each play, or location and extent of Federal lands compared to those of plays.
- Organic Geochemistry Data of Alaska, Version 1.0 I 19.121:59
- The U. S. Geological Survey Energy Resources Team’s Organic Geochemistry Laboratory is a research laboratory devoted to the investigation of the origin and occurrence of organic fossil fuels. In order to archive these results, the USGS developed an Alaskan Organic Geochemical Data Base (AOGDB) in 1978 to house the data from not only the USGS’ involvement in the project, but also the data accumulated from a variety of sub-contracting laboratories.
- PAAS Reporter Handbook, Lease, Facility/Measurement Plant Operators, Release 2.1, March 23, 1998, (CD-ROM) I 72.19:P 94/CD
- A reference handbook for those who submit data to PAAS regarding oil and gas lease production and disposition. Discontinued 09/30/01
- Park Science, etc., Volume 1(1) - Volume 18(1), (Fall 1980 - July 1998), (CD-ROM) I 29.3/4-2:1/1-18/1
- Other issues available in print (I 29.3/4:) and on Internet (1980-present).
- Petroleum Systems and Assessment of the South Florida Basin, USGS Digital Data Series DDS-69-A, 2001, (CD-ROM) I 19.121:69-A
- Petroleum Systems and Geologic Assessment of Oil and Gas in the Uinta-Piceance Province, etc., USGS Digital Data Series DDS--69-B, 2003, (CD-ROM)
- Photoglossary of Marine and Continental Ichnofossils. I 19.121:23
- Contains 328 scanned images from the authors' photographs, intended to acquaint the user and educational community with examples of ichnofossils found in both modern and ancient marine and continental depositional systems. Images may be retrieved by geographic age (chronostratigraphic assignment), geographic location, taxonomic classification, and organism common name.
- Photogrammetric Data Set, 1957-2000, and Bathymetric Measurements for Columbia Glacier, Alaska, U.S. Geological Survey, Water-Resources Investigations Report 01-4089, (CD-ROM) I 19.42/4:01-4089/CD
- Photographs from the U.S. Geological Survey Photographic Library (Earthquakes, Volcanos, Geologic Hazards, and Other Phenomena). I 19.121:8
- Contains 560 scanned color and black-and-white images from photographs held in the Library's collection. Images scanned using 120- to 360-dots-per-inch resolution. Each is approximately 1.2 megabytes (1200 by 1000 pixels) and is stored in a PCX format. High-quality prints and slides are available.
- Photographs of Historical Mining Operations in Colorado and Utah from the U.S. Geological Survey Library. I 19.121:12
- Contains 558 scanned photographs from the U.S. Geological Survey Photographic Library that provide literal snapshot views of Colorado and Utah mining operations. Each approximately 1.16 megabytes and stored in a PCX format.
- Photographs of the Sea Floor of Western Massachusetts Bay, Offshore of Boston, Massachusetts: July 1999, U.S. Geological Survey, Open-File Report 00-427, 2001, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:00-427
- Contains photographs and sediment sample analyses of the sea floor obtained at 142 sites in western Massachusetts Bay (Figure 1) during a research cruise (USGS cruise ISBL99024) aboard the Fishing Vessel (FV) Isabel S. (Figure 2) conducted July 18-21, 1999. These photographs and samples provide critical ground truth information for the interpretation of shaded relief and backscatter intensity maps created using data collected with a multibeam echo sounder system (Butman and others, in press, a, b, c; Valentine and others, in press, a, b, c).
- Precambrian Basement Map of the Northern Midcontinent U.S.A. - A Digital Representation of the 1990 P.K. Sims Map, U.S. Geological Survey, Open-File Report 01-21, 2001, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:01-21
- Digital version of USGS map I-1853-A (1990) in Arc export files, Arcview shape files and project and Spatial Data Transfer Standard (STDS) format.
- Preliminary Digital Geologic Map Database for Honduras, etc., U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 98-774, 1998, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:98-774
- Contains data files for a preliminary geologic-map database of Honduras at nominal 1:500,000 scale; and in addition files for one of San Pedro Zacapa quadrangle (nominal 1:50,000), west-central Honduras. Included are image and text files related to these GIS databases.
- Preliminary Digital Geologic Map of the Penokean (Early Proterozoic) Continental Margin in Northern Michigan and Wisconsin, U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 99-547, 2000, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:99-547
- Images and GIS coverages and tabular data on geology of Early Proterozoic rocks deposited along the southern margin of the Archean Superior craton.
- Preliminary Geologic Map of the Appalachian Piedmont and Blue Ridge, South Carolina Segment, U.S. Geological Survey, Open-File Report 01-298, 2001, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:01-298
- Files from the S.C. segmetn of the Appalachian Piedmont and Blue Ridge that are being assembled for the analysis of regional and national geochemical patterns in Arc export, Arcview and SDTS formats. http://pubs.usgs.gov/openfile/of01-298/
- Preliminary Lithogeochemical Map Showing Near-Surface Types, etc., U.S. Geological Survey, Open-File Report 01-187-A, 2001, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:01-187-A
- Contains explanatory text, GIS data layers (lithogeochemical, geology, carbon. Sulfide and county boundaries), graphic files for plotting the paper map and application software for viewing the data.
- Preliminary Publications Book 1 from Project on Mineral Resources, Metallogenesis, and Tectonics, etc., U.S. Geological Survey, Open-File Report 99-165, 1999, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:99-165
- Contains publications compiled in 1997 and 1998 on mineral resource data files, articles on mineral deposits models, metallogenesis, regional tectonics, and tectonic map explanations; with color regional tectonic maps and figures.
- Preliminary Publications Book 2 from Project on Mineral Resources, etc. U.S. Geological Survey, Open-File Report 03-203, 2003, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:03-203
- Summary major compilations and syntheses accomplished in the six-year project through April 2003.
- Preliminary Stratigraphic Database for the Subsurface Tertiary and Uppermost Cretaceous Sediments of Dorchester County, South Carolina, U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 00-049, 2000, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:00-049
- Ch. A. Preliminary stratigraphic database -- ch. B. Supplement to the preliminary stratigraphic database -- ch. C. Drill-hole data charts -- ch. D. Notes on Maastrichtian pollen.
- Processed Thematic Mapper Satellite Imagery for Selected Areas Within the U.S.-Mexico Borderlands, U.S. Geological Survey, Open-File Report 00-309, Discs. 1-3, 2001, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:00-309/DISCS.1-3
- Report and satellite full-screen images of selected areas along the US-Mexico border.
Profiles of Gamma-Ray and Magnetic data for aerial surveys over parts of the Western United States from Longitude 108 to 126 Degrees W. And from Latitude 34 to 49 Degrees N. I 19.121:31
- Release 1: Contains images generated from geophysical data, software for displaying and analyzing the images, and software for displaying and examining profile data from the aerial surveys flown as part of the National Uranium Resource Evaluation (NURE) Program of the U.S. Department of Energy. Release 2: Images and profile data are contained on 3 discs.
- Programs for using Newmark's method to model slope performance during earthquakes, U.S. Geological Survey, Open-File Report 01-116, Version 1.0, 2001, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:01-116
- Includes programs to facilitate performing Newmark sliding-block analyses and 555 strong-motion records from 13 earthquales. Other programs included to assist users in determining important properties of strong-motion records and in preparing their own digital strong-motion files for use in the Newmark program.
- Public Review Draft-Digital Cartographic Standard for Geological Map Symbolization, U.S. Geological Survey, Open-File Report 99-430, 2000 (CD-ROM) I 19.76:99-430
- PostScript implementation of proposed standard prepared to aid in review.
- Puerto Rico Marine Sediments, Terrestrial and Seafloor Imagery, and Tectonic Interpretations, U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 00-006, 2000 (CD-ROM) I 19.76:00-006
- Includes 14 reports, GLORIA and SLAR imagery, GIS data, photographs, DEMs.
- Ranking of the World's Oil and Gas Provinces by Known Petroleum Volumes, U.S. Geological Survey, Open File Report 97-463, 1997, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:97-463
- Presents a division of the world into 937 geologic provinces and identifies those that the USGS plans to assess for petroleum resources. Regions and geologic provinces are defined, known petroleum volumes of fields are allocated to those provinces, and the provinces are ranked according to the known petroleum volume allocated. Rankings and maps of world showing geologic provinces and priority provinces outside US and graphs showing the distribution of petroleum fields by size for each priority area.
- Records and History of the United States Geological Survey, U.S. Geological Survey Circular 1179, 2000, (CD-ROM) I 19.4/2:1179/CD
- Contains Reness M. Jaussaud's inventory of documents accessioned by the end of 1997 into Record Group 57 at NARA and USGS Circular 1050 "The U.S.G.S. 1879-1989".
- Regional Seismic Lines In West Virginia - A preliminary look at the Rome trough and its implication for energy resources, U.S. Geological Survey, Open-File Report 01-127, 2001, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:01-127
- "This CD-ROM contains small-scale images of 28 regional single-fold 2-dimensional seismic reflection lines in West Virginia. In addition, a report containing descriptive information of the lines is included along with a basemap showing the general location of the lines."
- Regional Seismic Lines Reprocessed Using Post-stack Processing Techniques: National Petroleum Reserve-Alaska, U.S. Geological Survey, Open-File 00-286, 2000, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:00-286
- Contains stacked, migrated, 2-Dimensional seismic reflection data and associated support information for 22 regional seismic lines (3470 line miles recorded in the Naitonal Petroleum Reserve 1974-1981.
- Reprocessing of multi-channel seismic-reflection data collected in the Beaufort Sea, U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 00-460, Dics 1 and 2, 2000, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:00-460/CD
- Contains stacked and migrated seismic reflection data and support information for 65 lines recorded in Beaufort Sea in 1977, reprocessed to create 1) compact format easy to use and to load onto a computer interpretation workstation, and 2) data on an archival medium that is more stable thus ensuring longer lifespan.http://greenwood.cr.usgs.gov/energy/OF01-330/
- "Report upon the Extinct Vertebrata obtained in New Mexico", etc., USGS Open-File Report, 02-270, 2002, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:02-270
- Scanned copy of Edward A. Cope's 1877 monograph (including 61 plates) and multimedia suite of audio and video files including interviews and videos of paleotologists following Cope's footsteps in New Mexico. Also includes Cope's paleontology reports as they appeared in Wheeler's 1874 and 1875 Annual Reports as well as Cope's first catalog of New Mexico fossil vertebrates.
- Reprocessing of multi-channel seismic-reflection data collected in the Chukchi Sea, U.S. Geological Survey, Open-File Report 01-330, Version 1.0, Disks 1 and 2, 2001, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:01-330/DISC.1&2
- Stacked and migrated multi-channel seismic-reflection data for 44 lines recorded in the Chukchi Sea, northern Alaska, by the United States Geological Survey in 1977, 1978, and 1980. All data were reprocessed by the USGS in 2000 using updated methods.
- Resource Assessment of the Springfield, Herrin, etc., Professional Paper 1625-D, Discs 1 and 2, U.S. Geological Survey, 2002, (CD-ROM) I 19.16:1625-D/DISCS 1-2
- Provides overviews of the geologic setting, estimates of the remaining resources and summaries of the quality of Pennsylvanian coals in the basin. Report and interactive mapping software for spatial data.
- Results of Time-Domain Electromagnetic Soundings in Everglades National Park, Florida, U.S. Geological Survey, Open-File Report 99-426, 1999, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:99-426
- Describes soundings made to map saltwater intrusion and provide estimates of aquifer water quality. Time-domain electromagnetic data provided in text form and as binary database.
- Revised Stratigraphic and Tectonic Framework of the Carolina Slate Belt from Southern Virginia to the South Carolina-Georgia Border etc., U.S. Geological Survey, U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 99-2, 2000, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:99-2
- Information gathered from 1987-1996 geologic reconnaissance of Carolina Slate Belt in digital maps of 18 individual 1:100,000 quadrangles, digital compilation of simplified geology at 1:500,000 scale, cross sections, spreadsheets containing data on rock types and structure observed at 5000 field stations. Maps in ArcInfo and Adobe Illustrator format.
- Rotatable Images of the Solid Planets and Satellites of the Solar System (SSGlobes), U.S. Geological Survey, Open-File Report 97-273, 1997, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:97-273/CD
- Software and images. Mac only.Object movies of planets and satellites. Images used are chiefly from USGS, Flagstaff, Ariz. or NASA.
- Scoping for the Yosemite Valley Plan, Supplemental Environment Impact Statement, etc., 2001, (CD-ROM) I 1.98:Y 8/4/CD
- Revision of drafts and addendum to Yosemite Valley Plan/supplemental environmental impact statement. Presents and analyzes alternative proposals for managing natural and cultural resources, facilities, and visitor experience in Yosemite Valley.
- Sea Floor Maps Showing Topography, Sun-Illuminated Topography, etc., U.S. Geological Survey, U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 00-410, 2001, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:00-410
- Three maps that show the seafloor features of the Stellwagen Bank Naitonal Marine Sanctuary region at a scale of 1:60,000. Maps depict topography, sun-illuminated topographic imagery and combined imagery of sun-illuminated sea floor topography and backscatter intensity.The maps are presented in five formats (EPS, PS, TIF, Arc export, and PDF).
- Sea Floor Topographic Map and Perspective-View Imagery of Quadrangles 1-18, Stellwagen Bank National, etc., U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 98-138, 1998, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:98-138
- Includes 4 file types: 1) Encapsulated PostScript and 2) PostScript contain maps in a Mercator projection; Encapsulated are for viewing; PostScript are for printing; 3) Arc export are coverages in geographic projection whose attributes are depth and depression; 4) Portable document files are included for both viewing and printing. Also includes 3-d perspective views of all quadrangles, color-coded in 10-meter contour intervals.
- Sea-floor Images and Data from Multibeam Surveys in San Francisco Bay, Southern California, Hawaii, the Gulf of Mexico, and Lake Tahoe, California-Nevada. I 19.121:55
- Interactive CD-ROM that contains images, maps, movies, and data from all surveys the Pacific Seafloor Mapping Project has completed up to January 1999. Contains shaded relief of bathymetry, backscatter, oblique and 3-D views, and QuickTime movies. Also contains ARC/INFO export (.e00) files and full-resolution TIFF images of all sites.
- Sea-Floor Photography From the Continental Margin Program: A Pictorial Survey of Benthic Character and Habitats Along the U.S. East Coast, U.S. Geological Survey, Open-File Report 01-154, 2001 I 19.76:01-154
- 466 historical bottom photographs collected as part of the Continental Margin Program in the 1960s.
- Sea-Floor Topograhpic, Backscatter, and Interpretive Maps and Bottom Photos of the Massachusetts, etc., U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 98-344, 1999, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:98-344
- Three maps in 1) Encapsulated PostScript [for viewing]; (2) PostScript [for printing]; and 3) Portable document files [for both viewing and printing]. Also includes bottom photos in JPEG format and sun-illuminated topographic and backscatter images (plain and 3-D) in TIFF format.
- SeaMARC 1A Sidescan Sonar Mosaic, Cores and Depositional Interpretation of the Mississippi Fan: ArcView GIS Data Release, U.S. Geological Survey, Open-File 00-352, 2001, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:00-352
- GLORIA imagery for the entire Gulf of Mexico archived at 250-m resolution and the GLORIA and SeaMARC imagery from the study area archived at 25-m resolution. Imagery in GEOTIFF and JPEG format. Interpretation in shapefile. Core information in shapefile MS Excel, HTML and ASCII.
- Seismic Liquefaction Features: Examples from Paleoseismic Investigations in the Continental United States, U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 98-488, 1999, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:98-488
- Text and 63 slides concentrate on manifestations of seismically induced liquification features encountered in paleoliquification searches.
- Seismic Reflection Results of the GYRE 1997 Cruise at the Bryant Canyon of the Louisiana Gulf Coast, United States Geological Survey Open-File Report 99-449, DISC.1-3, 2000 (CD-ROM) I 19.76:99-449/DISC.1-3
- Contains processed and unprocessed digital high-resolution seismic-reflection and navgation data.
- Seismic-Reflection Surveys of the Blake Ridge, R/V Cape Hatteras 1992 and 1995:Data Acquisition, Navigation and Processing, U.S. Geological Survey, Open-File Report 99-372, Disk 1 of 2, 1999 I 19.76:99-372
- Describes acquisition, navigation, and processing of air-gun and generator injector gun profiles collected over Blake Ridge in 1992 and 1995. Purpose was to decipher volume and distribution of methane hydrate contained in the ocean sediments.
- Selected Data from Eleven Wildcat Wells in the National Petroleum Reserve in Alaska, U.S. Geological Survey, Open-File Report 99-015, 1999, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:99-15
- Data types for each well: photographs of cores, depths to selected stratigraphic horizons, geological and drilling reports, LAS-Format borehole log data, permeability, porosity, and grain density data.
- Selected Data From Fourteen Wildcat Wells in the National Petroleum Reserve in Alaska, U.S. Geological Survey, Open-File Report 00-200, Version 1.0, 2000, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:00-200
- Data types provided for each well: photos of cores, depths to selected stratigraphic horizons, geological and drilling reports, LAS-Format Core-Gamma Ray data, LAS-Format Borehole-log data, permeability, porosity, and grain density data. All files in ASCII except images (JPEG) and history and reports (PDF).
- South Florida Multi-Species Recovery Plan, May 1999, (CD-ROM) I 49.108:SP 3/2/CD
- Plan for recovery and restoration of listed endangered species and their habitats in south Florida.
- Southern Lake Michigan Coastal Erosion Study, Graphical Display and Digital Dat, Open-File Report 94-255 I 19.76:94-255/CD
- Includes bathymetric contour map; map showing location and composition of bottom sediment, and thickness and distribution of postglacial sediments; collection of digital and scanned analog sidescan-sonar images and mosaics depicting sonic reflectivity of lake floor; and reference map showing sites of scanned color photographs, areas of bluff erosion, and scanned analog seimic relection profiles from selected core sites. Each image may be displayed at expanded scales.
- Spatial data extracted from the Minerals Availability System / Mineral Industry Location System (MAS/MILS), 1995, (CD-ROM) I 28.151:12-95/CD
- Minerals Availability System (MAS) was established by Bureau in 1975 to ascertain potential supply of selected mineral commodities; Mineral Industry Location System (MILS) provides location and identification information on about 22,000 sites; MAS/MILS database is result of inventorying process to measure resources available at various prices by major deposits, characterizing applicable extraction process, and calculating recoveries and costs. More recent CD-ROM available for purchase from USGS.
- Spatial Ground-Water Data Base in Carson Valley, Douglas County, Nevada, and Alpine County, California-Development and Documentation, U.S. Geological Survey, Water-Resources Investigations Report 99-4188, October 1999, (CD-ROM) I 19.42/4:99-4188/CD
- State Water-Data Reports, Hydrologic Records of the United States, Water Years 1990 and 1991, USGS Open-File Report 92-478, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:92-478/CD
- State Water-Data Reports: Hydrologic Records of the United States Water Years 1990, 1991, and 1992, Open File Report 93-626 I 19.76:93-626/CD
- Statistical Compendium, U.S. Bureau of Mines, August 1994 I 28.37/6:970-90
- Comprehensive (1970-1990) statistics on production, consumption, and trade of 34 mineral commodities by state, commodity and country.
- STATPAC Archive Open-File Report 98-369, 1998, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:98-369
- Archive of programs written by USGS programmers over 30 years from 1960s for use in geochemistry. Also includes two programs from the EPA.
- Status and Trends Publications of the Department of the Interior, U.S. Geological Survey, (CD-ROM) I 19.120:ST 1/CD
- Contains: Our Living Resources: a Report to the Nation on the Distribution, Abundance, and Health of U.S. Plants, Animals and Ecosystem (1995) and Status and Trends of the Nation's Biological Resources (1998). Also available in print and Internet.
- Status of the Sierra Nevada: The Sierra Nevada Ecosystem Project. I 19.121:43
- Digital version of the set of reports titled "Sierra Nevada Ecosystem Project, final report to Congress."
- Stratigraphic Framework of Lower and Upper Cretaceous Rocks in Central and Eastern Montana. I 19.121:57
- The approach used here is to describe briefly the rock units and to show their thickness, distribution, and structural configuration using isopach maps, cross sections, and structure contour maps. Eighteen formations are described in this report; five formations of Early Cretaceous age and thirteen of Late Cretaceous age.
- Stratigraphic Nomenclature Databases for the United States, its Possessions and Territories. I 19.121:6/yr
- Biennial. 1992-1996 A computerized lexicon of geologic- and stratigraphic unit names used in the United States, its possessions and territories. It may be sorted by geographic name, stratigraphic rank, age, geologic province or region, state, author, or specified keywords.
- Stream Discharge Measurements from Cableways, U.S. Geological Survey, Water Resources Investigations Report 01-4102, 2001, (CD-ROM) I 19.42/4:01-4102/CD
- Training program includes self-test and multimedia.
- Stream Discharge Measurements Under Ice Cover, U.S. Geological Survey, Water Resources Investigations Report 00-4257, 2000, (CD-ROM) I 19.42/4:00-4257/CD
- Training CD-ROM.
- Stream Stability and Scour Assessment Data Base for Massachusetts, Districts 1,2, and 3, U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 97-558, 1997 (CD-ROM) I 19.76:97-558
- Data base of geomorphic and hydraulic data collected during field asseessments and history of bridge scour program, data collection and quality assurance methods.
- Sun-Illuminated Sea Floor Topographic Maps and Perspective-vew Imagery of Quadrangles-1-18, Stellwagen Bank National Marine Sanctuary off Boston, Massachusetts, September, 1999, U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 99-363, 2000, (CD-ROM)
- I 19.76:99-363
- Surficial Geologic Maps Along the Riparian Zone of the Animas River and its Headwater Tributaries, etc., U.S. Geological Survey, USGS Digital Data Series DDS-71, 2002, (CD-ROM) I 19.121:71
- PDF maps, photos and ArcInfo shapefile and export formats.
- Surficial Sediment Data from the Gulf of Maine, Georges Bank, and Vicinity: A GIS Compilation, U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 03-001, 2003, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:03-001
- Tabular data, text, and graphical images in support of the 1995 National Assessment of United States Oil and Gas Resources. I 19.121:36
- Contains files supporting DDS-30. Includes full-text of DDS-30 , programs used in assessment, in source code and with supporting documentation. DDS-35 includes map and text data, but none of the tabular data or assessment programs.
- Teaching Earth Science. I 19.121:50
- Mac only. Includes 17 teaching tools, covering geologic processes, earthquakes and faulting, map projections and globes, and a printable Earth and Tectonic Globes section.
- The October 17, 1989, Loma Prieta, California, Earthquake -- Selected Photographs. I 19.121:29
- Contains 103 digitized color images from Open-file report 90-547, and USGS fact sheet 510-99, Progress toward a safer future since the 1989 Loma Prieta Earthquake.
- The Oil and Gas Resource Potential of the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge 1002 Area, Alaska, U.S. Geological Survey, Open-File Report 98-34, 1999, Disc 1-2, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:98-34/DISC.1-2
- Report and supporting data files.
- The Putumayo-Oriente-Maranon Province of Columbia, Ecuador, and Peru-- Mesozoic-Cenozoic and Paleozoic Petroleum Systems, U.S. Geological Survey, USGS Digital Data Series DDS-63, Version 1.0, 2001, (CD-ROM) I 19.121:63
- Evaluation of oil and gas resources for petroleum systems in this province. Includes thermal maturation of hydrocarbon source rocks, primary reservoir formations, areas and volumes of oil and/or gas production and the history of exploration.
- The USGS in the Early 1990s Reminiscences of D. Foster Hewett, Adolph Knopf, and Frank C. Calkins, Open-File Report 97-267-C, 1998, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:97-267-C
- Digitized recordings of Dec 1962 talks by D.Foster Hewett, Adolph Knopf, Frank C. Calkins. Audio CDs. Transcript: 97-267A, audio cassettes: 97-267B
- Thermal Maturity of Sedimentary Rocks in Alaska. I 19.121:54
- An updated re-release of 3 USGS publications: Vitrinite reflectance and conodont color alteration index data from Alaska: data to accompany the thermal maturity map of Alaska, USGS open-file report 92-409; Generalized thermal maturity map of Alaska, USGS miscellaneous geologic investigations map I-2494, scale 1:2,500,000; Thermal evolution of sedimentary basins in Alaska, USGS bulletin 2142.
- Time-Series Photographs of the Sea Floor in Western Massachusetts Bay: June-October 1996, U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 98-797, 1999 I 19.76:98-797
- Observations obtained to monitor sediment resuspension and transport in Bay. Part of pilot project to develop a mechanism to digitally view, archive, and distribute time series bottom photographs.
- Topographic Data Sets for Texas by River Basin, U.S. Geological Survey, Open-File Report 97-354, 1997, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:97-354
- 1:250,000-scale topographic data sets for Texas river basins. Each data set is provided in ARC/INFO (version 7.0.4) in compressed ASCII grid format. Graphic images of the data sets are also provided in GIF files.
- An Update of Quaternary Faults of Central and Eastern Oregon I 19.76:02-301
- Version 1.0. Substantial update of 1992 fault map known active or suspected active faults east of the Cascades. Includes ArcInfo map and reference database.
- U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service, National Marine Fisheries Service, Final Draft Environmental Impact Statement, and Habitat Conservation Plan, etc., November 2002, (CD-ROM) I 49.108:W 27/2/CD
- For the proposed issuance of a multiple species incidental take permit for the J.L. Storedahl & Sons, Inc., Daybreak Mine Expansion and Habitat Enhancement Project, East Fork Lewis River, Clark County, Washington.
- US Geological Survey Coalbed Methane Field Conference, May 9-10, 2001, Open-File Report 01-235, 2001, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:01-235
- Photos, videos, slides from conference, Open File Report 00-126.
- U.S. Geological Survey Coal Quality (COALQUAL) Database, Version 1.3, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:94-205
- Reports coal quality data for coal samples that represent complete-bed thicknesses at various localities.
- U.S. Geological Survey Digital Data Series I 19.121:1-
- U.S. Geological Survey Open File Survey 97-264, Satellite Imagery of South Florida, December 1989-December 1996, 1997, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:97-264
- 300 sets of images of South Florida from December 1989 to December 1996, including sea surface temperature (SST) and water reflectance (REF).
- U.S. Geological Survey, Significant Metalliferous and Selected Non-Metalliferous Lode Deposits and Placer Districts for the Russian Far East, Alaska, and the Canadian Cordillera, Open-File Report 96-513-B, 1997, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:96-513 B
- Also available in print 96-513A. Part of project on these regions to provide 1) comprehensive database on mineral resources in English; 2) new interpretations of origin and crustal evolution of mineralizing systems; and 3) to promote trade, scientific and technical exchanges between North America and Eastern Asia. Data provided for 1079 significant lode deposits and 158 significant placer districts. Also includes references for data sources and bibliography. Tabular data in ASCII, Filemaker Pro 2.0, PDF.
- U.S. Geological Survey, Summary Terrane, Mineral Deposit, and Metallogenic Belt Maps of the Russian Far East, Alaska, and the Canadian Cordillera, Open-File Report, 98-136, 1998, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:98-136
- Part of project on these regions to provide 1) comprehensive database on mineral resources in English; 2) new interpretations of origin and crustal evolution of mineralizing systems; and 3) to promote trade, scientific and technical exchanges between North America and Eastern Asia. Includes complete database, software to display, query and print files and digital versions of maps.
- U.S.G.S. Mineral Databases – MRDS and MAS/MILS I 19.121:52
- Contains Mineral Resource Data System (MRDS) and Minerals Availability System/Minerals Industry Location System (MAS/MILS) databases. MRDS database features almost 200 data fields describing metallic and nonmetallic mineral resource, deposits, and commodities. MAS/MILS database includes almost 100 data fields describing mines and mineral processing plants.
- U.S.G.S. Mineral Deposits Models Version 1.0 I 19.121:64
- Compilation of 29 previously published mineral deposit model and related reports of the USGS.
- U.S.G.S. World Petroleum Assessment 2000 –Description and Results 1-4 I 19.121:60
- Contains assessment of the undiscovered conventional petroleum resources of the world that have the potential to be added to reserves in the next 30 years (1995-2025).
- U.S.G.S. Yearbook: Understanding the Earth, Fiscal Yr 1995, Yearbook I 19.1/2:995
- Other issues in print or on the Internet. Recent issues replaced by the Financial Report.
- Use of InSAR to Identify Land-Surface Displacements Caused by Aquifer-System Compaction in the Paso Robles Area, etc., U.S. Geological Survey, Open-File Report 00-447, (CD-ROM) I 19.76:00-447
- USGS East-Coast Sediment Analysis: Procedures, Database, and Georeferenced Displays, U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 00-358, 2000 I 19.76:00-358
- Presents the methods used and the sediment data collected during a U.S. Geological Survey study of the marine geology of the continental margin off the Atlantic coast of the United States and adjacent waters. Contains ArcExplorer, ArcView project files, data layers, training videos, BASIC and C programs to perform sediment data collection and analysis; sediment data 1962-2000.
- USGS/NGIC Geomagnetic Observatory Data, (CD-ROM) I 19.120/2:yr
- 1990-1995. Contains one-minute values of geomagnetic data from all magnetic observatories of the USGS network. The values are provided as 3-component vector data from a fluxgate magnetometer, as well as scalar data from a proton precession magnetometer.
- Vanishing River, The Lower Verde Archaeological Project, Volume 1, 2, and 3, (CD-ROM) I 27.2:R 52/CD
- A reconstruction of the lower Verde River, the land surrounding it, and the people who once lived there, based on more than six years of research. CD-ROM contains three volumes of data, site descriptions, and specialists’ reports, along with a 10-minute video. More than 300 color slides are embedded on the CD-ROM. Comes with 858 page print publication (See same call number in Documents stacks)
- Volcanoes of the Alaska Peninsula and Aleutian Islands, Alaska - Selected Photographs. I 19.121:40
- Contains 97 digital images of volcanoes along the Aleutian arc in Alaska taken by Alaska Volcano Observatory scientists, other researchers, and private citizens which illustrate and document recent eruptive activity and the range of volcanic phenomena observed in Alaska. Each photograph is stored as a Kodak Photo CD ".PCD" image pac in five resolutions. Partially available on the Internet.
- Volcanoes of the Wrangell Mountains and Cook Inlet Region, Alaska - Selected Photographs. I 19.121:39
- Contains 97 digital images of volcanoes in south-central Alaska taken by Alaska Volcano Observatory scientists, other researchers, and private citizens which illustrate and document recent eruptive activity and range of volcanic phenomena observed in Alaska. Each photograph is stored as a Kodak Photo CD ".PCD" image pac in five resolutions. Partially available on the Internet.
- Waterfowl Management Handbook, National Biological Service, April 1995 I 49.108:W 29/CD
- Contains Waterfowl management handbook leaflets through April 1995.
- Watershed Boundaries and Digital Elevation Model of Oklahoma derived from 1:100,000-Scale Digital Topographic Maps, U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 95-727 I 19.76:95-727/CD
- Additional data sets include flow-direction, flow-accumulation, and shaded relief grids derived from the digital elevation model and the hydrography data set used in producing the digital elevation model.
- Water Resources Data, Georgia, 2000, U.S. Geological Survey, Water-Data Report GA-00-1&2, (CD-ROM) I 19.53/2:GA-00-1&2/CD
- Includes sidescan-sonar mosaics, seismic reflection profiles, texture and calcium carbonate content of sediment samples and interpretative maps of seafloor morphology, sediments, and benthic habitats of the study area.
- Western Washington Office 2000 Accomplishments Report, June 2001, (CD-ROM) I 49.108:W 27/CD
- Wildlife 6.1 I 19.120:W 64/CD
- A collection of wildlife-related databases, compiled for the U.S. Geological Survey. Software: I 19.120:W 64/floppy
- Yosemite Quadrangle, Central Sierra Nevada, California; Analytic Data, U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 01-252, 2001 I 19.76:01-252
- Contains explanatory text, four analytic tables, metadata file, PDF file and Adobe Illustrator file output to produce a 1:62,500-scale map of the analytic data used in the Yosemite quadrangle.
- Yosemite Valley Plan, Supplemental Environmental Impact Statement, etc., CD-ROM 1-2, 2001 I 1.98:Y 8/5/DISC.1-2
- Revision of drafts and addendum to Yosemite Valley Plan/supplemental environmental impact statement. Presents and analyzes alternative proposals for managing natural and cultural resources, facilities, and visitor experience in Yosemite Valley.
West Florida Shelf: Sidescan-Sonar and Sediment Data from Shelf-edge Habitats in the Northeastern Gulf of Mexico, U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 99-589, 2000 (CD-ROM) I 19.76:99-589