CD-ROMs and DVDs may be used in the department and may be available for checking out. Arrangements for viewing videos can be made.
National Archives (AE)
- U.S. Restitution of Nazi-Looted Cultural Treasures to the USSR, 1945-1959, Published 2001, (CD-ROM) AE 1.127:N 23
Department of Agriculture (A)
1994 continuing survey of food intakes by individuals (CSFII) : CSFII 1994, pyramid servings A 77.40:F 73/997/CD
- Contains two data files derived from the 1994 continuing survey of food intakes by individuals (CSFII), one providing daily intakes of food servings from the major food groups in USDA's food guide pyramid and the other providing food servings per 100 grams for every food code reported in CSFII 1994.
- Vol.2: Zip Code and Congressional District tabulations with ranking of states and counties and congresisonal districts. Includes CD Answer software and datafiles.
- Report and photos. Committee website.
- Intended primarily for use by the biomedical research community, veterinarians, animal care regulators and Institutional Animal Care Committee members. Contains 163 documents related to animal care and use. Includes animal welfare-related articles and monographs, bibliographies and information resources, U.S. Federal legislation and recommendations. Current through July 1996.
- The Coastal Use Issues Course provides an introductory understanding of the laws and regulations regarding the East and Gulf Coasts of the United States of America. A recent Executive Order 13158, May 2000 extends these requirements to the West Coast, Alaska, and the Pacific Basin.
- English and Spanish
- Contains data files derived from the 1994-96 continuing survey of food intakes by individuals (CSFII) and its supplemental children's survey (CSFII 1998), as well as technical report files--food coding, nutrient and recipe databases--and survey documentation and other materials.
- Data compiled from the 1994 continuing survey of food intakes by individuals and its telephone followup, the 1994 diet and health knowledge survey, along with the Food code and nutrient data base for CSFII 1994.
- Contains information from two surveys conducted by the U.S. Department of Agriculture. The 1994-96 continuing survey of Food Intakes by individuals (CSFII) contains 1-day dietary intake data for 15,303 individuals. The Diet and Health Knowledge Survey (DHKS) includes information on diet, health, and food safety issues from 5,765 individuals 20 years and over who participated in the 1994-96 CSFII.
- Data compiled from the 1995 continuing survey of food intakes by individuals and its telephone followup, the 1995 diet and health knowledge survey, along with the Food code and nutrient data base for CSFII 1995.
- Basic design guide and reference tool for designing rural substations. Replaces REA Bulletin 65-1 (1978).
- Documentation and data compiled for the analysis. Contains maps (34" x 35") in PDF format, GIS coverages of characterization data sets and metadata.
- Includes ArcInfo files of state boundaries, national forests and grasslands, supporting imagery and text. Compiled at 1:1,000,000
- Contains environmental compliance training course that introduces civil rights issues that led to environmental justice initiatives, major environmental justice mandates and requirements of Exec. Order 12898, accompanying presidential memo and USDA regulations and policies on environmental justice; library of reference materials and tutorial.
- Export Certification Manual, Revision March 1, 1999, (CD-ROM) A 101.32:EX 7/CD
- A reference to be used by federal officials when inspecting and certifying plants and plant products offered for export and when issuing export certificates.
- A self-directed training course to acquaint first response disaster workers to the principles of emergency response and hazardous substances management.
- Historic Preservation Issues, (CD-ROM) A 68.24:H 62/yr/CD
- The Historic Preservation Issues Course addresses the key legislation in preserving the rich heritage of the United States. This course also focuses in on Section106 of the National Historic Preservation Act of 1966 (NHPA) which requires Federal agencies to take into account the effects of their undertakings on historic properties, and afford the Advisory Council on Historic Preservation a reasonable opportunity to comment. These regulations, "Protection of Historic Properties," were revised in May 1999 and will be codified at 36 C.F.R. Part 800 and are part of this course.
- Templates of forms used in the national Incident Command System program, as well as an electronic version of "Using ICS Forms".
- "Landscape Dynamics and Forest Management examines the dynamics of how fire affects the landscape for up to 300 years into the future and how sediment and large wood might be routed through the landscape. The Simulator explores and displays example management scenarios to help managers appreciate the consequences of different management scenarios over long time frames. The CD uses animations to visually illustrate landscape and sediment routing dynamics over decades and centuries. Relevant literature that elaborates on the concepts is included, along with a bibliography and GIS software tools that support these kinds of analyses....The Landscape Simulator is software that creates a four-dimensional virtual landscape from digital maps and databases. The simulator is a tool for modeling the role of disturbance in creating and maintaining landscape structure using probabilistic disturbance scenarios."
- The Lender Liability Course explains the exemption from and defenses to liability under CERCLA for entities that maintain indicia of ownership primarily to protect a security interest or that acquire property involuntarily.
- To help USDA officials and employees comply with regulations promulgated by NEPA and Council on Environmental Quality. This course is designed to provide a broad overview of the purpose and policy goals of the National Environmental Policy Act.
- Five Interior Colubia Basin Ecosystem Management Project scientific assessment documents published between 1996-1997. Related documents, data and maps on web site.
- Includes the FAO report on the state of the world's plant and genetic resources, the Global Plan of Action adopted in June 1996, 158 country reports and 15 regional reports, report of the International Tchnical Conference and of 11 preparatory meetings, an introduction to the FAO Global System for plant genetic resources, and background documents. Text in English, Spanish and French. Related website.
- User Guide on Internet.
- More than 450 research articles on the biology, taxonomy, and control of thistles. Includes picture section and glossary.
- Introduces the user to the ASTM standard E-1528-96, Environmental site assessment: transaction screen process, a method of evaluating the environmental condition of real property which may be held as security for USDA loan and grant programs.
1997 Census of Agriculture, Volume 1, Geographic Area Series, (CD-ROM) A 92.53/56:997
1997 Census of Agriculture, Volume 2, Subject series (CD-ROM) A 92.54:997/v.2
Agricultural Statistics A 1.47/2:yr
Analysis of the Management Situation, Revision, Chugach national forest land & resource management plan, R10-MB-379B, (CD-ROM) A 13.105/2:R 10-MB-379 B/CD
Anthropogenic Soils, ICOMANTH Report No. 1, 2002, (CD-ROM)
A 57.76:AN 8/CD
The Built Environment Image Guide for The National Forests and Grasslands, December 2001, (CD-ROM) A 13.140:IM 1/CD
CARE: Compendium of Animal Resources, Documents Related to Animal Care, Use, and Welfare, October 1996, (CD-ROM) A 77.40:C 18
Chugach National Forest Proposed Revised Land Management Plan and Environmental Impact Statement CD, Chugach National Forest Alaska R10-MB-416F, (CD-ROM) A 13.105/2:R 10-MB-416 F/CD
Coastal Use Issues Course, Version No. 1.0, April 1998, (CD-ROM) A 1.142:C 63/CD
Coastal Use Issues, Version 3.0, July 2000, (CD-ROM) A 68.24:C 63/CD
Cooking for Groups, A Volunteer's Guide to Food Safety, Includes English and Spanish Version, October 2001, (CD-ROM) A 110.20:C 77
Considering Project Effects Under NEPA, Version 3.0, July 2000, (CD-ROM) A 68.24:P 94/CD
Continuing survey of food intakes by individuals 1994-1996, 1998 A 77.40:F 73/2000/CD,
CSFII/DHKS 1994 Data Set and Documentation: the 1994 continuing survey of food intakes by individuals and the 1994 diet and health knowledge survey A 77.40:F 73/CD
CSFII/DHKS Data Set and Documentation: the 1994-1996 continuing survey of food intakes by individuals and the diet and 1994-1996 health knowledge survey A 77.40:F 73/994-996/CD
CSFII/DHKS Data Set and Documentation: the 1994-1996 continuing survey of food intakes by individualsand the 1995 diet and health knowledge survey A 77.40:F 73/995/CD
Design Guide for Rural Substations, RUS bulletin 1724E-300, June 2001, (CD-ROM) A 68.3:1724 E-300/CD
An Ecological Characterization of the Greater Yellowstone Area, RMRS-GTR-78-CD, July 2001, (CD-ROM) A 13.88:RMRS-GTR-78-CD
Ecological Units of the Eastern United States, First Approximation, (CD-ROM) A 13.140:EC 7/CD
Environmental Justice, Version 3.0, July 2000, (CD-ROM) A 68.24:EN 8/CD
First Responder Course, (Awareness Level), Version 3.0, June 1999, (CD-ROM) A 68.24:F 51/CD
The Food Stamp Program, Training Guide for Retailers, (Video) The Food Stamp Program, Training Guide for Retailers, (Video)
ICS Forms, Electronic ICS Forms in MS Word 6.0, WordPerfect 6.1, and Word Pro 97, etc., (CD-ROM) A 13.140:IN 2/CD
Landscape Dynamics and Forest Management, RMRS-GTR-101-CD, December 2002, (CD-ROM)
Land Use Issues, Version 3.0, July 2000, (CD-ROM) A 68.24:L 22/CD
Lender Liability, Version 1.0, June 1999, (CD-ROM) A 68.24:L 54/CD
NEPA, National Environmental Policy Act Course, Version No. 1.0, May 1998, (CD-ROM) A 1.142:N 21/CD
National Environmental Policy Act, version 3.0, July 2000, (CD-ROM) A 68.24:EN 8/2/CD
New England Wildlife: A Model for Ecosystem Management--ECOSEARCH (Version 1), Report NE-283, December, 2001, (CD-ROM) A 13.88:NE-283
The Interior Columbia Basin Ecosystem Management Project: Scientific Assessment, September 1999, (CD-ROM) A 13.140:C 67
The State of the World's Plant Genetic Resources For Food and Agriculture, L'Etat Des Ressources Phytogenetiques Pour L'Alimentation ET L'Agriculture Dans Le Monde, EL Estado De Los Recursos, etc., English, French, Spanish, 1997, (CD-ROM) A 1.142:P 69/ENG./FR./SPAN./CD
Stewplan: Software for Creating Forest Stewardship Plans, General Technical Report NE-301, March 2003, (CD-ROM)
Thistles: Biology & Control, A Full-Text Database, ARS-150, June 2000, (CD-ROM) A 77.15:150
Transaction Screen Process Training including environmental compliance library, 1998, (CD-ROM) A 1.142:SCR 2
USDA Nutrient Database for Standard Reference, Release ..., (CD-ROM) A 77.40:N 95/yr
Water Issues, Version 3.0, July 2000, (CD-ROM) A 68.24:W 29/CD