The South Carolina Political Collections Endowment supports the work of South Carolina Political Collections (SCPC). Currently, endowment income funds several graduate assistantships annually. As the endowment grows, income will also be used for research awards to encourage the study of SCPC's holdings, and also for exhibits, staff development, and other activities designed to promote and enhance the collection, preservation, and use of the holdings.
Established in 1991 as a division of the South Caroliniana Library and in 2005 as a separate unit under University Libraries, South Carolina Political Collections collects and preserves materials pertaining to the activities of South Carolinians and their government at the state and federal levels. Pursuing an active acquisitions program, the division targets records created by:
- members of South Carolina's congressional delegation,
- leaders in the General Assembly,
- the state's political parties,
- organizations providing governmental or electoral oversight, and
- other persons and organizations playing substantive roles in, or affecting, government.
For information about contributing to the South Carolina Political Collections Endowment, please contact us.