Lewis P. Jones Visiting Research Fellowship

Dr. Lewis P. Jones, left, with Dr. Bill Bagwell, first Jones Fellow
Dr. Lewis P. Jones, left, with Dr. Bill
Bagwell, first Lewis P. Jones Fellow.

A permanently endowed research fellowship, the Lewis P. Jones Visiting Research Fellowship, was established in 1996 as a memorial tribute to the late Dr. Lewis P. Jones by an anonymous donor.

Visit the Lewis P. Jones Visiting Research Fellowship page for information about the Fellowship and application information.

Dr. Lewis P. Jones

Dr. Jones, a native of Laurens, South Carolina, received BA and MA degrees from Wofford College and a Ph.D. in history from the University of North Carolina. He served as a member of the Wofford faculty from 1946 to 1987, during which time he was secretary to the faculty, chair of the Department of History, and the first holder of the William R. Kenan, Jr., Professorship. In 1987, Dr. Jones was presented with South Carolina's highest award, the Order of the Palmetto. As professor emeritus at Wofford and author of South Carolina: A Synoptic History for Laymen and numerous other works on Palmetto State history, Dr. Jones had a tremendous impact on historical education in South Carolina.

Additional contributions to honor Dr. Jones are welcome. To do so, please contact us.

The Library is unable to offer this award for 2012.

Deferred Gifts | Current Endowments and Funds | Naming Opportunities
Contact Us | Development Home Page

 

Columbia Departments Campus Libraries
Columbia Libraries and Collections