A gift to the library is a gift to the entire University and to the community as a whole. Each student, each member of the faculty, each department and college, each citizen - all will benefit from every dollar received by the Libraries.
Carol Danner Benfield
Senior Director of Development
Ms. Benfield was instrumental in starting the University Libraries development program in 1995 and has served as the Senior Director of Development since 2009. Prior to that time, she worked in Special Events for the University from 1981-1995. Ms. Benfield graduated from the University of South Carolina with a B.S. in Business Administration and was very active in many programs as a student. Contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org or (803) 777-1278.
Ms. Learner has worked in the University Libraries Development Office since 2006. She worked previously in the Thomas Cooper Library Administration Office and in banking. She graduated from Florida State University with a B.A. degree in Psychology. Contact her at email@example.com or
Ms. Nicol-Morris has worked with the University Libraries since April, 2011. She formerly worked as Marketing Manager for Keeneland Association, Inc. in Lexington, Kentucky. She graduated from The University of Texas with a B.A. in Communications and extended her studies in Studio Art at the University of Kentucky. Contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org or (803) 777-0546.
Ms. Wyman has worked in the University Libraries Development Office since 2010. Previously, she worked at the Libraries as a cataloger, retiring after 38 years. Ms. Wyman earned a B.S. degree in Education from Charleston Southern University. Contact her at email@example.com or (803) 576-6016.
- Make your gift online today!
- Naming Opportunities are available to provide permanent recognition of particularly generous gifts.
- See Endowments and Gifts for specific information regarding University Libraries endowments or planned gifts.
- See Friends of the Libraries for information about membership in the Ex Libris Society, Thomas Cooper Society, or the University South Caroliniana Society.
- For all other questions, please email a member of the Development staff directly.