- Ad*Access - Database containing over 7,000 advertisements printed between 1911 and 1955 in U.S. and Canadian newspapers and magazines arranged into subjects such as radio, television, transportation, beauty/hygiene, and World War II. The database contains advertisements from the J. Walter Thompson Company Competitive Advertisements Collection at Duke University.
- Ad Council - Homepage of the Ad Council, an organization that identifies a number of significant public issue areas such as improving the quality of life for children, preventive health, education, community well-being, environmental preservation, and strengthening families and stimulates action on those issues through communications programs that make a measurable difference in society. Examples of Ad Council-sponsored characters and slogans include Smokey the Bear's statement that "Only You Can Prevent Forest Fires;" McGruff the Crime Dog's plea to "Take a Bite Out of Crime;" and Vince and Larry, the Crash Test Dummies as well as "Friends Don?t Let Friends Drive Drunk" and "A Mind is a Terrible Thing to Waste." The site features a gallery of historic ads like these and information about new campaigns.
- AdFlip - Database of print ads from 1940 to the present that is searchable by keyword, subject categories, and publication titles. The site provides lists of Top 10 Ads of the Day, Top 25 Daily Ads, Top 100 Weekly Ads, Popular Ads, Comic Book Ads, and European Ads.
- AdMedia-Internet Advertising Resource Guide - Directory of Internet advertising sites including searchable advertising directories, advertising research sites, advertising organizations, advertising schools, and resources for the planning, development, and management of Internet advertisements. The directory is compiled and maintained by Hairong Li, Ph.D. of Michigan State University.
- AdAge - Online version of Advertising Age magazine that provides free full text of top news/highlights from the current issue, free full text of special reports (i.e. - Advertising Age's 50 Best Commercials, etc), and free/fee-based access to statistical charts and data in Ad Age Interactive and Ad Age Dataplace.
AdAge Global - Online version of AdAge Global magazine that provides free full text of news articles and free full text articles from the current issue. Users can also search the World Advertiser and Agency Database by advertiser, agency, or brand and the Account Action Archives for free, but the ad viewing feature is limited to subscribers.
- UK Advertising Association - Homepage of the Advertising Association of the United Kingdom, a federation of trade associations and professional bodies representing the advertising and promotional marketing industry in the UK. The site provides news about the advertising industry, information about the UK advertising business, links to advertising organizations and other advertising information sites, a bibliography of advertising publications categorized into subjects, and links to full-text summary, briefing, and position papers.
- Advertising World - Searchable directory of advertising and marketing resources arranged by subjects such as account planning, broadcast and print media, internet marketing and advertising, public relations, etc. provided by the Department of Advertising at University of Texas at Austin.
- American Advertising Federation (AAF) - Homepage of the American Advertising Federation, a federation of corporate advertisers, media companies, advertising agencies, advertising service providers, advertising educators, and advertising students. The site provides links to industry sites as well as information about the federation.
- American Association of Advertising Agencies (AAAA) - Homepage of the American Association of Advertising Association, the national trade association representing the advertising agency business in the United States. The site provides industry news and links to other industry associations in addition to information about the association.
- Emergence of Advertising in America 1850-1920 (EAA) - Database of over 9,000 images of U.S. advertising from 1850-1920 from the Rare Book, Manuscript, and Special Collections Library at Duke University that depict the rise of consumer culture and the birth of the professional advertising industry. The images are arranged into subjects including animals, beverages, meat/fish/poultry, insurance companies, small appliances, etc. and are searchable by keyword.
- International Advertising Association (IAA) - Homepage of the International Advertising Association, an association of advertisers, media companies, advertising agencies, and direct marketing firms. The site provides information about the association, advertising industry information, advertising news, and information about the regulation of the industry.
- Outdoor Advertising Association of America (OAAA) - Homepage of the Outdoor Advertising Association of America, the lead trade association representing the outdoor advertising industry. The site provides information about the regulation of outdoor advertising, industry principles and issues, industry and marketing news, and industry facts and research as well as the Creative Library, a database of images arranged by subject (accident, men, real estate, etc.).
- Television Bureau of Advertising (TVB) - Homepage of the Television Bureau of Advertising, a nonprofit trade association of America's broadcast television industry. The site provides the industry event and conference schedule, industry news, television facts, advertising resources and research, and jobs in the industry.
- Brand Channel - Interbrand's site that provides weekly brand features and profiles, Webwatch reviews of digital branding, book reviews, a brand glossary, a calendar of brand conferences, a directory of brand sites, a list of brand job postings, reflections from brand managers, and PDF files of brand papers.
- Marketing Power - Homepage of the American Marketing Association (AMA), an organization that for all levels of marketing practitioners, educators, and students. Users can register for free and gain access to information and links on various marketing topics such as advertising, customer relationship management, and Internet marketing. The site also provides trends on marketing practices, industry news and reports, company profiles, marketing service and supplier directories, job opportunities in the industry, career planning resources, statistics resources, marketing templates, and other similar marketing resources.
- Marcommwise - Source for free full-text marketing communications articles, marketing links, marketing jobs, marketing vendors, and books reviews all of which are arranged by subject. The site also provides a marketing glossary, profitability calculators, and industry news.
- Market Segment Resources - Directory of marketing links arranged by market segments including African Americans, Asian Americans, Hispanic, Teens, Singles, Over Fifty, Lifestyles, etc. that provides statistics about each market segment.
- Marketing Virtual Library - Directory of marketing research on the Internet provided by Paul Christ, Ph.D. of West Chester University of Pennsylvania. The site is arranged into subject including Internet marketing/e-commerce, careers/jobs, advertising/promotion, customer relationship management, selling/sales management, publications, market research, etc.
Patents and Trademarks:
- European Patent Office (EPO) - Homepage of the European Patent Office, the executive branch of the European Patient Organization that grants European patents for the contracting states to the European Patent Convention (EPC). The site offers site translation into French and German and links to patent offices, patent information providers , and other sites to find patent information and conduct patent searches for European patents as well as information about the EPO. Users can also search the EPO's patent databases for European patents.
- International Trademark Association (INTA) - Homepage of the International Trademark Association, a nonprofit worldwide organization of trademark owners and advisors. The site provides basic information about trademarks, trademark news, government trademark information, a trademark job bank, a trademark hotline, a trademark checklist for proper trademark usage, and a trademark discussion list.
- Patent, Trademark, and Copyright Offices - Directory of patent offices world wide, trademarks, patents, patent searching sites, copyrights, inventions, inventors, etc. provided by About.com.
- U.K. Patent Office - Homepage of the U.K. Patent Office, the governmental body responsible for Intellectual Property (Copyright, Designs, Patents and Trade Marks) in the UK. The site provides current news about intellectual property in the U.K.; links to other U.K. sites concerning intellectual property; and allows users to search for records of the U.K. Patent Office in their design, patent, and trademark databases for free. Users can also search the commercial patent and trade databases of the Search & Advisory Service for a fee.
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) - Homepage of the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office How to find patent and trademark information and how to apply for a patent in the U.S.; Patenting guides; How to get international protection for patents and trademarks; Patent and trademark attorneys, laws, and regulations; Etc.