General Management Resources:
- American Management Association (AMA) - Homepage of the American Management Association, a global nonprofit association that provides a full range of management development and educational services. The site provides a catalog of books published by AMA, training resources/tips, and research on various management issues such as staffing, reorganization, and downsizing.
- Business Plans and Profiles Index - Resource provides an index of sample business plans and profiles of businesses. Plans and profiles are grouped by subject. Many of the listings include full text business plans in PDF format.
- Free Management Library - Directory of online management resources/sites arranged into categories including advertising/promotion, e-commerce, employee wellness, leadership development, personnel policies, product/service management, taxation, training/development, etc.
- Management First - Provides news and theory discussion on various management-related issues including management styles, leadership, marketing, customer-relationship management, knowledge management, e-management, etc. The site is provided by Emerald Library, an journal and article database (Note: The University Libraries at the University of South Carolina currently subscribes to Emerald Library).
Human Resources Management:
- HR.com - Resource for human relations information including daily news, interviews with leading authorities, product reviews, industry trends, benchmark data, advice from the world's leading human relations experts, a list of HR jobs and potential hires, e-marketplace where you can buy product/services, etc. The site provides information on compensation/benefits, HR management, labor relations, legal issues, etc. Registration is free.
- HR Online - Collection of human relations articles, news headlines, surveys, legislation/court decisions in employment law, HR job postings, etc.
- Human Resource Executive - Collection of human resource and workplace-related online resources such as HR tools, business book abstracts, book reviews, a salary calculator, HR news, and information links arranged by categories. The site is produced and maintained by the publishers of Human Resource Executive magazine and in cooperation with Cornell University's School of Industrial Labor Relations.
- Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) - Homepage of the Society of Human Resource Management, a professional and educational human resource society that provides education/information services to professional and student members throughout the world. The site provides free full-text access to some of the articles of the current issue of HR Magazine, free access to search the SHRM's HR job database, and HR product/service reviews.
- Workforce - Resource for news, trends, tools, and information about human relations topics including compensation/benefits, HR management, legal insight, recruiting/staffing, software/technology, and training/development. The sites provides articles, research, and case studies. Registration is free.
Small Business Management:
- American Small Business Alliance (ASBA) - Homepage of the American Small Business Alliance, a non-profit education and advocacy organization of public policy issues in small businesses. The site provides a list of web links useful to small businesses.
- BPlans - Resource that provides advice/tips on writing business plans, web plans, advertising plans, and marketing plans needed to start up a business. The site also provides samples plans for various types of businesses.
- Center for Business Planning - Collection of business planning sites including business plan software, sample business plans, writing business plans, business strategy, venture capital, new products, market analysis, competitive analysis, production management, tax problems, legal issues, financial statements, etc.
- Entrepreneur - Online version of Entrepreneur Magazine that provides free full-text access to articles in the current and past issues. The site also provides special reports and online resources on writing business plans, buying franchises, selling businesses, filing business taxes, marketing, advertising, managing sales, managing human resources, etc.
- Entrepreneurship.org - Resource center created by teh Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation. The site provides articles, tips, strategies, and research about assessing a business idea, networking, creating business plans, researching the target market/competitors, developing innovative products/services, hiring/retaining employees, etc.
- Inc - Online version of Inc. magazine that provides free full-text access to the current issue as well as the tables of contents to past issues. The site also provides advice and resources for starting and increasing a business.
- Small Business Administration - Homepage of the U.S. Small Business Administration, which provides financial, technical, and management assistance to help citizens start, run, and grow their businesses in the U.S. The site provides information about government programs/services for entrepreneurs such as business loans, disaster assistance, business licenses, government property for sale, etc.
- Small Business Development Center National Information Clearinghouse (SBDCNET) - Homepage of the Small Business Development Center National Information Clearinghouse, which provides links to sites that contain industry research, sample business plans, demographics, finance resources, marketing plans, company information, tax/accounting information, copy right/trademarks, etc.
- Small Business Owner's Toolkit - Provides various business tools including sample business plans, balance sheet templates, sample profit-sharing plans, employee time sheets, termination checklist/form, etc. as well as small business advice. The site is provided by CCH, a provider of business, legal, and tax information and software.
- South Carolina Small Business Chamber of Commerce - Homepage of the South Carolina Small Business Chamber of Commerce, which provides news about small businesses in South Carolina.
- South Carolina Small Business Development Center - Homepage of the Small Business Development Center (SBDC) of South Carolina, a consortium of four universities with 15 offices located throughout the state established to aid small business start-up ventures and to assist in the continued growth of small businesses in South Carolina. The site provides steps to take to develop a business idea, start a business, and finance a business as well as links/information about the issues of government contracting, federal resources for small businesses, automating a business, etc.
- Start-up Journal - Provides articles/advice about starting a business, franchising, financing a business, etc. as well as special/statistical reports and a searchable trademark database. The site is provided by the Wall Street Journal.