Federal Government Sites:
- Fed World Information Network - Gateway to government information such as government development and research publications, government science and technology resources, and supreme court decisions. The network is provided by the U.S. Department of Commerce.
- First Gov - Official U.S. Government portal to U.S. Government information, services, and online transactions including the executive, legislative, and judicial branches of the federal government as well as state government homepages, governmental forms and applications, and U.S. statistical data.
- GovSpot - StartSpot Mediaworks, Inc.'s U.S. government network that provides links to U.S. federal, state, and local government sites, U.S. governmental reports, and links to international government sites as well as data about education, employment, law, crime, business, government contracting, travel, food, etc. in the U.S.
- GPO Access - Service of the U.S. General Printing Office that provides free electronic access to information produced by the Federal Government such as congressional bills, hearings, and reports, public laws, the U.S. Code, the House Journal, Supreme Court decisions, the U.S. budget, the Code of Federal Regulations, the Federal Register, and the U.S. Government Manual.
- Library of Congress - Homepage of the Library of Congress which gives information about the library's events and services as well as provides LC classification outline, copyright information, country studies, and links to web sites arranged by topic.
- SearchGov - Service from Maxbot that provides links to federal government executive departments, independent government agencies, state and local government sites, SearchMil, SearchEdu, and SearchEBooks.
- Thomas Legislative Information Database - Searchable database provided by the Library of Congress that allows you to search for bills, public laws, the Congressional Record, Congressional roll call votes, and Congressional committee reports, homepages, schedules, and hearings by number or keyword.
- University of South Carolina's Government Documents Department - Homepage of the Government Documents Department of the University of South Carolina which provides access to MarciveWeb Catalog of U.S. Government Publications, Lexis-Nexis Congressional Universe, GPO Access to U.S. Government Publications, and Access UN Index to United Nations Publications. The site also provides library guides to census reports, consumer information, statistics, tax information, federal government information, state/local government information, and international government information as well as guides for proper citation of government documents and publications.
State and Local Government Sites:
- Columbia, SC - Official site of the City of Columbia and the Columbia Visitor and Convention Bureau that provides information about city government, city council, city jobs, city reports, city services, and the history of the Columbia area. The site also provides information about the arts and culture, sports, attractions, parks, neighborhoods, business, and economic development of the area.
- My SC Gov - Portal to South Carolina State Government Agencies that provides links to South Carolina state and local government, the State employee phone directory, and information about news, education, business, health, public safety, etc. within South Carolina.
- Richland County Online - Official homepage of Richland County, South Carolina which provides information about county services, county council, education in the county, and county events as well as provides county forms, links to city and town sites, and county directories.
- South Carolina Chamber of Commerce - Homepage of the South Carolina Chamber of Commerce that provides South Carolina business news, calendar of Chamber sponsored programs and seminars, and sample issues of South Carolina Business as well as information about the human resources, manufacturing, and workplace diversity in South Carolina.
- South Carolina Department of Commerce - Homepage of the South Carolina Department of Commerce which provides information about state economic growth, the development of business and industry in the state, community and rural development, export statistics, market research, etc. in addition to providing information about the Commerce Department.
- South Carolina General Assembly - Homepage of the South Carolina General Assembly which provides information about the South Carolina Senate and House of Representatives as well as the state budget, the State Constitution, the State Register, and state legislation. The site also links to federal, state, and county web sites.
- State and Local Government on the Net - Directory of U.S. state and local government web sites provided by Piper Resources.