We are excited to announce this year’s film festival lineup! We will show six films between Sept. 2011 and March 2012, taking a break during December. Films will be shown in the Program Room of the Hollings Library starting at 5:30 p.m.
- Tues., Sept. 20: City Hall (1996), including in its cast our own Fritz Hollings! (plus Al Pacino and John Cusack)
- Tues., Oct. 18: The Congress (1989), a favorite Ken Burns documentary
- Tues., Nov. 1: All The King’s Men (2006), starring Sean Penn and Jude Law in the classic Robert Penn Warren story
- Date Jan. 10: Advise and Consent (1962), starring Henry Fonda (and a young Betty White!) in the story of a Senate investigation into the secrets of a Presidential nominee for Secretary of State
- Tues., Feb. 14: All The President’s Men (1976), recounting the investigation of the Watergate scandal
- Tues., Mar. 13: Can Mr. Smith Get To Washington Anymore (2006), a wonderful documentary on a grassroots Missouri congressional campaign.
The festival is a lot of fun for us as we share some of our favorite films. Please join us for free pizza and soda and discussion of the films.