- “Dear Fritz – I’ve been meaning to send this to you for more than a year…”
- A Senator’s Devotion: Condolence Letters Written to Ernest Hollings on the Loss of his Wife, Peatsy
- In Memoriam: Judge Sol Blatt, Jr.
- The Story Behind a Photograph
- SCPC’s future and the changing nature of congressional collections
Monthly Archives: January 2010
The staff of SCPC and Tim and Don of SCL gathered for our 7th Annual Observance of National Cheese Day on Tuesday, Jan. 26th. What is Cheese Day, you ask? Well, at the end of every January, we choose a … Continue reading
We recently put up our last exhibit in the East Gallery at Thomas Cooper. (The gallery is just inside the front doors to the left.) After May, we’ll move to our beautiful new gallery in the Hollings Library! “South Carolina … Continue reading
SCPC will be closed on Monday, January 18th, for Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day. We’ll re-open on Tuesday!
The 3 delicious recipes shown here (Peanut-Cheese Loaf, anyone?) are from a 1950 “Family Fare” bulletin of the U.S. Department of Agriculture. The cover is stamped “From the Office of Olin D. Johnston U.S. Senator.” The technicolor cookbook cover on … Continue reading
This morning around 10 a.m. the subtle and reassuring fire alarm blared garishly through the old warehouse, gently warning us that we needed to hasten out to the parking lot. Of course, this week Columbia is experiencing some of its … Continue reading