The Administrative files include:
- Invitations that Hollings accepted to various events, like the one pictured above.
- Press office files that document operations of the press office — files about the drafting of the Senator’s book, The Case Against Hunger (1970), are in the Personal series AND all other documents created by the press office are in the Press and Media series.
- Files about Hollings’ state visits, town hall meetings, and other functions
- Office files that document the management of Hollings’ Senate office
- Schedules for the Senator
- and more…
The General files consist almost entirely of correspondence from his entire Senate career. Here, you’ll find letters of a general nature from colleagues about service in the Senate, letters in which constituents broach multiple subjects, and letters on unusual subjects that, quite frankly, don’t fit elsewhere!
–contributed by Lori Schwartz