- “Dear Fritz – I’ve been meaning to send this to you for more than a year…”
- A Senator’s Devotion: Condolence Letters Written to Ernest Hollings on the Loss of his Wife, Peatsy
- In Memoriam: Judge Sol Blatt, Jr.
- The Story Behind a Photograph
- SCPC’s future and the changing nature of congressional collections
Monthly Archives: September 2009
“There aren’t many 87 year old grandmothers like Ruth Thomas. For 35 years, Thomas has fought nuclear industry in South Carolina,” Sammy Fretwell, The State Newspaper, Dec 2, 2007 Recently, SCPC picked up a significant addition to Mrs. Thomas’ collection … Continue reading
“The next time you hear anybody say a Congressman does not have anything to do, you can just deny that fact. It is the hardest work I have undertook.” —Allard H. Gasque, March 14, 1924 Check out an updated finding … Continue reading
The finding aid for the General and Admin files of the Ernest F. Hollings Collection is now on SCPC’s website. Check it out! The Administrative files include: Invitations that Hollings accepted to various events, like the one pictured above. Press … Continue reading
SCPC will be closed on Monday, September 7th, which is of course Labor Day. We will reopen for research at 8:30 on Tuesday the 8th. We hope all who have a long weekend will enjoy it!