Learn and Discover
Great things are happening in the University Libraries!
Ready, set, go . . .
Join us for these free events and exhibits.
- Two great Parents Weekend destinations: Guided tour of the South Caroliniana Library and Historic Horseshoe, Friday, September 16, 9 a.m. South Caroliniana Library is located at 910 Sumter Street.
- AND Open Gallery, Hollings Library, Saturday, September 17, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. See large exhibits in the galleries of South Carolina Political Collections and the Irvin Department of Rare Books and Special Collections, as well as smaller displays in the Brittain Gallery.
- Later in the month: Center for Digital Humanities Open House — Friday, September 23, 3 – 5 p.m., Hollings Library, Program Room
- Current exhibits — See “Much Ado About Shakespeare” before it closes September 30.
Get it done
- Students: Have research questions? Chat live with a librarian.
- Faculty and graduate students: Our free workshops this fall include “Promoting Your Research: Retaining Your Rights as an Author and Avoiding Predatory Publishers” on September 13. Learn more and register here.
To celebrate Thomas Cooper Library’s 40th anniversary this year, we are creating a memory book and an oral history. Anyone who has spent time in the library is invited to contribute a special memory or moment. Did you have a favorite study spot? Meet your spouse? Have a go-to librarian? Let us know by sending your Thomas Cooper Library moments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want to know more about our services and activities? Great! Visit us at library.sc.edu.
Don’t want to receive our monthly emails? No problem! Just let us know in the Comments section below.