Welcome to Insider, a monthly guide for students from the University Libraries — Thomas Cooper Library, Hollings Special Collections Library, South Caroliniana Library, Music Library, and the online Business Library.
Enter to win
What is your favorite spot in TCoop? Snap a photo and enter it in the TCoop Photo Contest. Entries accepted until 11 p.m. March 30. Prizes for 1st and 2nd place.
Did you use USC Libraries resources to write a research paper or complete a creative project? Enter your project in the annual Undergraduate Research Award competition. Cash prizes. Submission deadline is 9 a.m. Friday, April 21.
Looking for quiet group study space? We’ve added new collaborative seating on TCoop Level 4, and more electrical outlets on Level 4 and the Mezzanine.
Tame the research beast
Check out our new digital collections for ideas on research topics.
- Join us for the panel discussion “Learn More for Less with Free Open Educational Resources” at 3 p.m. in Scholars Corner, TCL Lobby, March 28. We’ll talk about how using Open Educational Resources can make higher ed more affordable.
- Then, on March 29, meet us on the TCL Patio to learn about free textbooks and other resources. Look for the Open Educational Resources Table from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Medieval Manuscripts Lecture, “The Lindisfarne Gospels: Bringing the ‘Good News’ from East to West,” with Dr. Michelle Brown, University of London
- “Altered Books: Memories Unhinged” exhibit, work by art education students, on display through April 28, TCL Lobby
- Pet a Pup, April 25, 10 a.m. – noon, TCL Patio