The South Caroliniana Library is one of the premier research archives and special collections repositories in the state of South Carolina and the southeastern United States. It stands on the historic Horseshoe, the original campus of the University of South Carolina. Constructed in 1840, the building served as the institution’s main library for 100 years, until its conversion into a special collections library focusing on the history and culture of South Carolina.
- 1868 Constitutional Convention Live-Tweet Event: #1868Convention
- 700 Interviews Going Online: The 1977 International Women’s Year Collection
- Musical Gems in the James Ritchie Sparkman Medical Library
- Processing of Bishop John Hurst Adams Collection is Underway
- Cool Stuff, Rediscovered: Cataloging at the Caroliniana