Springs Business Library will have extended hours during finals. Check out our Hours page or see the calendar below.
USC faculty & students now have access to eStatement Studies(eSS) from RMA.
The online version of Annual Statement Studies is useful for comparing company performance within an industry, as well as for business valuations and benchmarking for business plans. The newly expanded content contains data to assess probability of default and critical analysis of cash flow. Data is derived directly from the financial statements of RMA member companies and is updated annually in November. Contains two publications:
Financial Ratio Benchmarks
- Nineteen classic financial statement ratios for over 800 industries
- Common-size balance sheet and income statement
- Trend data available on the history tabs
Industry Default Probabilities & Cash Flow Measures
- Data arrayed by asset and sales size for over 700 industries
- Probability of default estimates on a percentage scale, mapped to a .EDF bond rating scale
- Cash flow measures on a common-size percentage scale
The online version allows for data aggregation on both the national and regional levels, and searching for industries may be by name or by NAICS code. Data may be downloaded into Excel, and the Client Comparison Worksheet is an available Excel tool that helps compare your financial data with the benchmarking data from eSS.
For help using eSS, call the Business Library (803.777.6032) or watch the tutorial below.
We now have access to Mergent Archives Historical Annual Reports collection.
- Search reports by company name, year, and location
- Fully searchable text in every document
- Continuously updates
DMSB MBA students–Liz Buncher, Jeff Fralick, Caroline Osborne, Ramya Ramesh, Darren Sheinberg and Oana Vlad–placed second at one of the top business case competitions. The ethics-based Race & Case competition was held March 1-2 at the University of Denver. Congratulations to our students and to their advisor, Management Professor Patrick DeMouy! (Read more here)
More information here
DMSB undergraduates–Jocelyn Paonita, Adam Kess, Alexis Morath, and Trey Gordner–won the John Molson International Undergraduate Case Competition last week in Montreal. Congratulations to our students and to their advisor, Management Professor Patrick DeMouy! (Read more here)
If you are a USC faculty member, staff, or student and would like to trial these new resources, please contact the Business Library for access information.
MarketResearch.com Academic (ends March 10, 2013)
Market and industry research reports with qualitative and quantitative analysis. Content providers include:
- Kalorama Information (for biotechnology, diagnostics, healthcare, medical devices and pharmaceuticals)
- Packaged Facts (food and beverage, personal care, demographics, financial services, consumer goods & retailing etc.)
- Paul Budde Communications (telecommunications and information markets with international coverage)
- SBI (emerging energy and sustainability markets)
- Simba Information (media and publishing industries)
eStatement Studies (RMA Annual Statement Studies) (ends March 5, 2013)
- The online version of Annual Statement Studies, which is the only source of composite performance metrics derived directly from the financial statements of financial institutions’ borrowers and prospects. This online resource contains two publications—Financial Ratio Benchmarks and Industry Default Probabilities & Cash Flow Measures. Data may be downloaded into Excel or Word.
- Access to 160 curriculum-focused ebooks, with no restrictions on usage or downloading, in the areas of Accounting, Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management, Human Resources and Organizational Behavior, International Business, Marketing, Management, Supply and Operations Management, and more.
DMSB graduates started an innnovative new company, RidePost, which uses social networking tools to partner students and others who want to share transportation. Read more about Marty Bauer (IMBA ‘12), Robert Pearce (BA ‘10), Blair Deckard (IMBA ‘12), Nik Budisavljevic (Law ‘10; IMBA’12) and RidePost here.
The International Directory of Business Biographies is now available online. This publication examines the career paths, business achievements, leadership styles, business strategies and industry impact of Fortune 500 and Global 500 corporate leaders, as well as entrepreneurs and other notable businesspeople through in-depth biographical narratives. Businesspeople covered include Richard Scrushy, Richard Branson, Robin Li and Ajaypal S. Banga.
We have added additional content to Checkpoint, our one-stop resource for accounting research. Access Checkpoint here and find the information detailed below.
Note: Some modules have limited concurrent users. Please exit a standard when not in use and logout of Checkpoint when you are finished.
Tax content includes: IRS Tax Code, Regulations, Rulings, and Practice Aids; International, Federal, State, and Local Tax Libraries; Payroll Library with employment laws and regulations; Federal tax cases; State Citator and more.
Financial and Audit content includes: AICPA, PCAOB, and SEC Libraries; authoritative standards from IASB, FASB (Codification and pre-Codification standards), COSO, AICPA, GASB, and PCAOB; and related guides and technical practice aids.
Corporate governance content includes: Sarbanes-Oxley Reporter and cases; interactive checklists for internal controls and risk assessment; and related guides and interpretations.