USC faculty & students now have access to eStatement Studies(eSS) from RMA.
The online version of Annual Statement Studies is useful for comparing company performance within an industry, as well as for business valuations and benchmarking for business plans. The newly expanded content contains data to assess probability of default and critical analysis of cash flow. Data is derived directly from the financial statements of RMA member companies and is updated annually in November. Contains two publications:
Financial Ratio Benchmarks
- Nineteen classic financial statement ratios for over 800 industries
- Common-size balance sheet and income statement
- Trend data available on the history tabs
Industry Default Probabilities & Cash Flow Measures
- Data arrayed by asset and sales size for over 700 industries
- Probability of default estimates on a percentage scale, mapped to a .EDF bond rating scale
- Cash flow measures on a common-size percentage scale
The online version allows for data aggregation on both the national and regional levels, and searching for industries may be by name or by NAICS code. Data may be downloaded into Excel, and the Client Comparison Worksheet is an available Excel tool that helps compare your financial data with the benchmarking data from eSS.
For help using eSS, call the Business Library (803.777.6032) or watch the tutorial below.